Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bollig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Tom Stiglich

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Out of curiosity I asked Midjourney to create a "humorous political cartoon" and this is what it spit out:

no labels though so cartoonists are safe for now...

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

WTF is this about?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Philly Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw has stepped down to take a security job with NY Port Authority.

Or if you have racist custard for brains, she was a diversity hire and immediately increased the homicide rate on purpose because democrat city.

quote:

Over the last few years, Philadelphia has seen a sharp increase in homicides, setting a modern-day record in 2021 with 562 homicides that year. Homicides declined slightly in 2022 and advocates have said they are on track to decrease further this year.

But even though Philadelphia was hardly alone among U.S. cities in experiencing a rise in homicides over that time, it has had a hard time combatting a Republican narrative of being a Democratic city with a progressive district attorney that is overrun with violence and danger.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Steve Benson

Why the mask, Steve?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, I ended up Googling the story for the Stiglich cartoon, because my brain refused to accept the idea of a chief of police named Outlaw.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's all just an excuse to continue his true #1 feud with the Jewish Lawyer Larry Krasner, who I'm willing to bet Stiglich believes did the diversity hires secretly and Jewishly, because Stiglich is an antisemite.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

...no?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Look, if you don't want a decrepit octogenarian representing you, all you have to do is vote them out. It's that easy!

Oh whoops, looks like your only valid options are decrepit octogenarians. Too bad!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Same cartoon except the person speaking is FDR.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I agree with it in theory, if someone is doing a good job and their constituents like them and want them back in, what's the problem.

If we lived in a real democracy that would be fine, if they are incompetent or corrupt they could be voted out. Since we don't, and the people who make the rules abused that power to entrench themselves and make it almost impossible to vote them out, we have a congress unaccountable to the people and owned by corporations, we have 90 year old shuffling corpses staying in forever being puppeted by their unelected ladder-climber staffers, etc. Term limits and age don't solve any of that though, I guess the faces of the corrupt unaccountable legislators will be younger.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Outlaw is a right wing cop who, in her time as chief of police in Portland, continued the PPB's alliance with the Proud Boys, later going on talk radio to defend them as bulwarks against "antifa" violence. She moves from job to job, city to city doing this, with no care for the human cost of her deeds and words

A Good Cartoon

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Portland? You mean the liberal communist hellscape where crime is legal???

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Real debate is powered by cartoon ducks comparing Black people to every predator.

Also who keeps astroturfing bogus 'studies' about how seatbelts and masks and helmets and vaccines and gender affirming care don't work?

Probably the left, but without any studies we can never know.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on relations between King Charles and Prince Andrew – Thawing of relations appears to be in order as Prince Andrew joins rest of the family at Balmoral"

Telegraph:

Sickness benefits crackdown to wait until after election; Rugby World Cup 2023: Match schedule, the groups, fixtures and odds

Matt:

Times:

Gillian Keegan apologises after saying she’s done a ‘f***ing good job’

Evening Standard:

The Rolling Stones confirm new album Hackney Diamonds’ release date at hysterically entertaining launch event

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I hate to say it, but you could replace 90% of the political cartoonists with AI and nobody would notice.

How would we tell? Extra fingers? People look like uncanny valley rejects? The humor is stilted and makes no sense? poo poo, a large enough number of cartoonists already steal art for their cartoons.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

This one just confuses me. Impeach Biden for what? Also, why would McCarthy not side with the GOP? Is he a RINO too now? Is everybody that doesn't think Biden should be impeached a RINO?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

JamesBont posted:

This one just confuses me. Impeach Biden for what? Also, why would McCarthy not side with the GOP? Is he a RINO too now? Is everybody that doesn't think Biden should be impeached a RINO?

For all his crimes that they totally have smoking gun evidence of, no you can't see that evidence. And yes, of course McCarthy is a RINO as is anyone to the left of Mussolini.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Guavanaut posted:

Philly Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw has stepped down to take a security job with NY Port Authority.

Or if you have racist custard for brains, she was a diversity hire and immediately increased the homicide rate on purpose because democrat city.

I know the cops are outlaws, but this is getting rediculous!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JamesBont posted:

Because Hunter Bribes laptop.
The story goes hunter reminded someone about 10% for the big guy (see all bronco cartoons) and this means he both got it, and also the big guy is biden, and also illegal.
And also Biden got a prosecutor fired in ukraine for not investigating this.

The reality is that they probably tried to do this, hunter took the job because hey free money, but the prosecutor they fired was the one that just about everyone wanted fired. In part because he wasn't investigating the company that would hire Hunter.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JamesBont posted:

Is everybody that doesn't think Biden should be impeached a RINO?

Yes.

McConnell, the guy who gave them the 6-3 Supreme Court (with an assist from Ginsberg), is a RINO to them too because he said Trump lost the 2020 election.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The (non-right wing) media is saying "Trump is a dangerous criminal rear end in a top hat please don't vote for him Republicans oh God look at these polls why are you all voting for him have you lost your minds?"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kikas posted:

Minnesota should change their flag because it's a poo poo-rear end design first and foremost.

Thankfully USA is chock-full of master vexillologists

There's no beating the true classic though

yes the copyright blurb is part of the design, why do you even ask

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I think I've linked this before, but there's a reason for this r/vexillologycirclejerk post:

:nws:

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

I agree with it in theory, if someone is doing a good job and their constituents like them and want them back in, what's the problem.

If we lived in a real democracy that would be fine, if they are incompetent or corrupt they could be voted out. Since we don't, and the people who make the rules abused that power to entrench themselves and make it almost impossible to vote them out, we have a congress unaccountable to the people and owned by corporations, we have 90 year old shuffling corpses staying in forever being puppeted by their unelected ladder-climber staffers, etc. Term limits and age don't solve any of that though, I guess the faces of the corrupt unaccountable legislators will be younger.

There's also the fact running for Congress (or just about any other office) has become so expensive and time-consuming that most qualified younger people are discouraged from doing so from the onset. Even a high-paid professional would need at least 20 years of work to accumulate enough funds to run for office. It's not a young person's game.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

I hate to say it, but you could replace 90% of the political cartoonists with AI and nobody would notice.

How would we tell? Extra fingers? People look like uncanny valley rejects? The humor is stilted and makes no sense? poo poo, a large enough number of cartoonists already steal art for their cartoons.

You will never get a program to spit out an image of a white void with the text “reasons to not switch to algorithmic art for political cartoons”

Maybe when you start poisoning the models by feeding it’s own output back into itself.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

JamesBont posted:

Also if the will of the people was to impeach biden why did he win the first time around to begin with? I know Branco is probably an election stolen truther but to claim biden won both the electoral and popular vote but actually the majority of people want him impeached is a galaxy brain take

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Industrial relations minister Tony Burke who is trying to pass a gig economy reform IR bill.

Rowe:

As well as Qantas CEO Alan Joyce leaving, RBA governor Philip Lowe gave his farewell speech. Outgoing RBA governor Philip Lowe says tough decisions made him ‘very unpopular’ (Guardian).

Knight:

Katauskas:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

I think this is a dig at Albanese for arranging to meet Xi Jinping in China later in the year.

Also:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

For the British cartoons about the concrete, is this a case of "this material is only meant to last so long and is well past the point we should be replacing it," or is it "this material is not suited to purpose and never should have been used in the first place"?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

For the British cartoons about the concrete, is this a case of "this material is only meant to last so long and is well past the point we should be replacing it," or is it "this material is not suited to purpose and never should have been used in the first place"?

A bit of both. It's past its use-by date but also this kind of concrete doesn't particularly show signs of wear until it outright collapses. If buildings had been replaced/rebuilt on a reasonable timescale it wouldn't have been a problem but public institutions haven't had the money for that in decades.

Antigravitas posted:

I think I've linked this before, but there's a reason for this r/vexillologycirclejerk post:

:nws:

Has anyone told Americans that you can have coats of arms? Like, slapping random pictures and mottos on them are what they're for, you don't need to violate a flag like this

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

JamesBont posted:

impeach biden for using dozens of email aliases to conduct business with the companies his son worked for for which he was paid 10%.
yes, they can't "connect" these "aliases" to "biden" but that's not the point: the president's failson got rich off his father's name and biden lied about it, maybe.
look they have no evidence, and the republican's bombshell witness said that he saw no evidence of crime or corruption (but he didn't NOT see no evidence of no corruption!!!) but, trust them, something is fishy about biden being vice president and his son working for some company and it's shady enough that we can't trust biden to...be...impartial...he...IMPEACH!!!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

The funny thing is that you can now tell AI to not draw bad hands, not draw bad faces and ask ChatGPT for the joke and it'll just do that.

AI software already beat the bad eyes and terrible anatomy problem 6 months ago and it's just getting better.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I wonder which (mainstream) cartoonist will finally give up the game and just make a cartoon that's got a bunch of slurs
It'd be really funny if it was Tinsley and it's exactly 2 weeks after Trump goes to jail

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

The funny thing is that you can now tell AI to not draw bad hands, not draw bad faces and ask ChatGPT for the joke and it'll just do that.

AI software already beat the bad eyes and terrible anatomy problem 6 months ago and it's just getting better.

Love how we outsourced creativity to the robots. Ah well, back to work.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Trazz posted:

I wonder which (mainstream) cartoonist will finally give up the game and just make a cartoon that's got a bunch of slurs
It'd be really funny if it was Tinsley and it's exactly 2 weeks after Trump goes to jail

Honestly Ed Gamble could be writing the 14 words in those speech bubbles and I wouldn’t know.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Frankly, Gamble would just go whole hog and write 88 words.

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

Darrin Bell

Carlos Latuff

Drew Sheneman

Robert (R.J.) Matson

David Horsey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I really like Marty Two Bulls’ little rainslicker-booties up there.

It’s borderline Seussian.