Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

bloodysabbath posted:

So did Jimbo name a source or provide any bonafides about the supposed legal/wrassler torrid love affair? This, uh, seems like the kind of thing you’d want receipts for before saying it.

To play devils advocate, he is getting up there in age and probably just got confused for a moment, mistaking AEW for the other billionaire’s promotion where people in the legal department end up in scandals.

According to his cult, Jim 'has inside sources that tell him things the rest of us don't get to know'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Vandar posted:

According to his cult, Jim 'has inside sources that tell him things the rest of us don't get to know'.

I like to think this is just Andrade making up wild poo poo to further his quest to get fired.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vandar posted:

Brian Last holding a glass to his ear at the door of a Ramada Inn.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I think you will find that the Soft Boys released the psychedelic post-punk classic Underwater Moonlight in 1980 and had very little to do with wrestling. They were fronted by Robyn Hitchcock, who talks a lot during concerts but not on podcasts, and the lead guitarist was Kimberly Rew, who, unlike Jim Cornette, actually won a Eurovision contest with his song "Walking on Sunshine". Jim Cornette wrestled a Ninja Turtle or something.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
they think it's preston vance because of this picture from cody's instagram 2 years ago

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Figures they’d think anyone hugging a woman means they’re loving

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's an open and shut case, in the sense that you'd have had to open a case and shut your head in it a few times to believe it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Figures they’d think anyone hugging a woman means they’re loving

The body language says it all :hmmyes:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

i hoverhands every girl i ever interacted with even handshakes

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

i hoverhands every girl i ever interacted with even handshakes

I kiss everyone equally

Especially ur dad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Brian Last sucks wind bagging groceries. He don’t want no soft boy smoke.

gently caress him and his dirty uncle Jimmy. I push them both in the shark tank with pocket tuna.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going a ways back, wasn't Jim Cornette legitimately mad and offended at Southpaw Wrestling when they made fun of his "summoning a creature from the ocean to wrestle" gimmick?

As in it went beyond his usual "all wrestling that isnt 70s Smoky Mountain wrestling is awful" schtick. He was actually angry that some wrestlers were poking fun at poo poo he himself did.

I am still truly sad we never got to see the series 3 of Southpaw that we were promised.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

As in it went beyond his usual "all wrestling that isnt 70s Smoky Mountain wrestling is awful" schtick. He was actually angry that some wrestlers were poking fun at poo poo he himself did.

Yeah, but those wrestlers were all midcarders at best who have never done anything in wrestling like John Cena, Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, etc.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
so, I'm morbidly curious. If AEW has actually set a remotely reliable new record for VOLUNTARY attendance with their Wembley show, how is Corny responding? Has he decided to start allying himself with the DPRK to discredit AEW? Or is he just busy trying to start a feud he can't possibly win with a billionaire's lawyer to draw attention away from his doomsaying?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LvK posted:

so, I'm morbidly curious. If AEW has actually set a remotely reliable new record for VOLUNTARY attendance with their Wembley show, how is Corny responding? Has he decided to start allying himself with the DPRK to discredit AEW? Or is he just busy trying to start a feud he can't possibly win with a billionaire's lawyer to draw attention away from his doomsaying?

it's a work

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean he does seem to believe that if he somehow successfully goads AEW into suing him it'll mean they have to hand him all their financial records which will definitively prove that AEW is all some sort of scam shell company or whatever the conspiracy is this month.

Or I guess at the very least he's convinced his fans that's definitely going to happen.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's part of the grift. If they don't sue, it's because they're afraid of what he'd find or because his misogyny is correct and they'd lose. Instead of because he's irrelevant and not worth the effort

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

It's part of the grift. If they don't sue, it's because they're afraid of what he'd find or because his misogyny is correct and they'd lose. Instead of because he's irrelevant and not worth the effort

It's still kind of amazing how far Jim has fallen and how his kayfabe lifetime rival Ricky Morton has embraced new wrestling trends and not seemingly only because it gets him work. Like Ricky seems to really enjoy what people are doing now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

It's still kind of amazing how far Jim has fallen and how his kayfabe lifetime rival Ricky Morton has embraced new wrestling trends and not seemingly only because it gets him work. Like Ricky seems to really enjoy what people are doing now.

In the 80s Ricky was exactly the kind of wrestler that Cornette and his ilk complain about now. I grew up then, and is was always "They don't do real wrestling. They're not tough guys. They'd get their asses kicked by REAL wrestlers."

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Also, and I cannot stress this part enough, Ricky Morton isn't an rear end in a top hat

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Davros1 posted:

In the 80s Ricky was exactly the kind of wrestler that Cornette and his ilk complain about now. I grew up then, and is was always "They don't do real wrestling. They're not tough guys. They'd get their asses kicked by REAL wrestlers."

Karl Gotch used to complain about one of the guys who became champion after him, who used to dive off the top rope in a way that wasn't believable and made the whole business look ridiculous, just taking these ridiculous bumps that meant nothing.

Yep, he had no time at all for Harley Race.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I love how much that quote is structured basically the same way people complain about wrestling now

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

VideoWitch posted:

I love how much that quote is structured basically the same way people complain about wrestling now

You can pretty much only change the instances of "Harley Race", "dive", and "head-butt" to whatever wrestler performing whatever move.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

and it goes further back than that. Farmer Burns used to complain about these dang kids in 1915 killing the business too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

True. I was very young watching the Rock 'N Rolls and looking back now, sure, for example I can see their double dropkick finisher barely connected a lot of the times but I certainly didn't care at the time and the crowds sure didn't either.

haunted bong posted:

Also, and I cannot stress this part enough, Ricky Morton isn't an rear end in a top hat

Also valid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Cornette got dusty holes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The name on the marquee is WRESTLING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL3LJMQmKpA

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Cornette (and Brendan Schaub among a bunch of other people) got scammed out of a ton of podcast money by an insanely obvious con man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ftBeP16TA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fentry posted:

Cornette (and Brendan Schaub among a bunch of other people) got scammed out of a ton of podcast money by an insanely obvious con man:

thats unfortunate

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Anyone got the burger towel rant on hand? I would like to have explained to me that, yes, of course I need a burger towel.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fentry posted:

Jeez, Mr. Interviewer, do shut up and let the person whose story you're trying to get actually tell said story.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope cornette gets into a feud with minoru suzuki after suzuki called him an old man yelling at clouds

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

IGgy IGsen posted:

Anyone got the burger towel rant on hand? I would like to have explained to me that, yes, of course I need a burger towel.

found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgzjXKAKPI&t=284s

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Fentry posted:

not watching this but; GET WORKED, DICKHEAD (the dickhead is Cornette not you OP)

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

LvK posted:

not watching this but; GET WORKED, DICKHEAD (the dickhead is Cornette not you OP)

My live reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACgkwyuA-w

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Stealing from Jim Cornette is a unanimous W

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fentry posted:

I dunno, I have trouble believing that you could trick Brendan Schaub.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a work

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

my live reaction to your live reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl_NpdAy3WY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
TBQH Cornette isn't wrong about the burger stuff or the joy of making sure you abide by the ol' Boy Scout creed of BE PREPARED w/r/t condiments on the road.

"Worst person you know made a good point," etc.