Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AndyElusive posted:

Just want to say that I popped into this thread expecting a lot of hate for the new show and after browsing the last few pages I'm surprised at the lack of vitriol.

Goons have really grown up.

I don't hate it, I just think there's a lot of ways it could have been better.
Even at it's worst it's no Kenobi or Rise of Skywalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's a big advantage for this show over a lot of the other crap that it feels like the creative team making it really cares deeply about these characters and their history and are super excited to hang out with them. Now if only that creative team knew how to write or edit we'd really be cooking

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kenobi was aggressively bad in between scenes that were at least good ideas. Rise of Skywalker felt like the disorganized ideas for a whole trilogy jammed into one movie. Boba Fett wasn't sure if the premise actually was.

Ahsoka at least got on the off ramp to the fireworks factory, but missed the light and now it is taking forever to turn into the parking lot

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder how they're going to use the purrgil to follow Morgan and co.
Do the ships ride in their mouths?

fitting that the new republic's police force appears to essentially be one elderly man

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So when the New Republic scrapped the fleet, do you think they bothered to put Home One in a museum, or did they just send her straight to the Brearker's Yard with nary a thought?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I cannot wait to see how incompetent the New New Republic is in the next batch of sequel films.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

My understanding is by the time the new republic scrapped the fleet half of the planets in it were actively supporting the first order and just waiting for a chance to secede. So probably whatever was most passive aggressive

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Home One is probably orbiting Coruscant and full of disinterested children on field trips

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

No Mods No Masters posted:

My understanding is by the time the new republic scrapped the fleet half of the planets in it were actively supporting the first order and just waiting for a chance to secede. So probably whatever was most passive aggressive

The Mon Cals don't support Notzis

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So when the New Republic scrapped the fleet, do you think they bothered to put Home One in a museum, or did they just send her straight to the Brearker's Yard with nary a thought?
According to some canon anthology the ship was part of the Resistance fleet by the time Leia was doing her own thing. :unsmith:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jerkface posted:

Huyang is going to use his tiny head arms to lasso one

:colbert:

No but really it was awesome to see him just pummeling the absolute poo poo out of those HK droids. I'm sure somebody's complained about Huyang being overpowered, but it makes sense that he wouldn't have survived thousands of years without being willing and able to whoop rear end when the time comes.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hazo posted:

No but really it was awesome to see him just pummeling the absolute poo poo out of those HK droids. I'm sure somebody's complained about Huyang being overpowered, but it makes sense that he wouldn't have survived thousands of years without being willing and able to whoop rear end when the time comes.

I actually like him being subtly better, in most ways, than "modern" droids

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Hazo posted:

When did this happen? All I remember is 1 ambushing him and then Sabine shooting it in the back and it falling on him and knocking him down.

It was actually very bizarre to me why this ancient Jedi training droid is so crappy at fighting.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
He held his own for some time with the assassin droid, but was starting to lose when he called out for help.

Still pretty impressive and unexpected, though it makes sense a training droid would have some moves.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Gonz posted:

I cannot wait to see how incompetent the New New Republic is in the next batch of sequel films.

The Republic will continually fall until it excises the insidious threat lurking in every shadowed corner of the galaxy: capitalism.

maybealabia posted:

I actually like him being subtly better, in most ways, than "modern" droids

Pretend I wrote RETVRN here in Aurebesh.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Just realized that Baylan is done by the actor who did Titus Pullo in HBO's Rome - totally underrated! He's killing it here, too.

It was probably discussed already, but man there are a lot of close-up face shots of his apprentice, especially in Episode 3. She's got the wide-eyed, head down eyes up stare dialed in.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Sombrerotron posted:

What I *actually* believe is that this intergalactic hyperspace route will finally bridge the both literal and figurative gap between the Star Wars and Star Trek universes.

I wouldn't even be mad, honestly

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

CornHolio posted:

I wouldn't even be mad, honestly

Mariner’s head would explode.

Also, I hope Shin isn’t a one series and done antagonist. They need to populate this era of the storyline with some new young characters. Young Avengers this poo poo.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
She can be Sabine's Maul.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Shin’s cool. I hope she gets a proper conversation with Sabine at some point.

In Star Wars the old white guy mentor always dies when poo poo’s about to get serious. I assume we’re gonna get to see the evil version of that.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
I hope she gets turned, we need more women Jedi for the chuds to rage over.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Her lightsaber is orange, not red. Baylon's seems more red to me. I'm curious how much we're supposed to read into this.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Whatever the meaning, Orange looks better than Red, IMO.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stegosnaurlax posted:

I hope she gets turned, we need more women Jedi for the chuds to rage over.

Wasn’t she slicing and dicing good guys in the very first sequence of the show? You usually don’t get a redemption arc from that unless it’s part of a sacrifice where your death helps the good guys win.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Cartoon Man posted:

Wasn’t she slicing and dicing good guys in the very first sequence of the show? You usually don’t get a redemption arc from that unless it’s part of a sacrifice where your death helps the good guys win.

Ah they're just meaningless soldiers/ crewmen. She's perfect for a redemption, the underling who was maybe indoctrinated by Baylan from childhood, led to believe the Republic were the villains etc.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 7, 2023

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cartoon Man posted:

Wasn’t she slicing and dicing good guys in the very first sequence of the show?
Not to mention subjecting Sabine to a little wanton Force torture in the most recent episode; Baylan had to call her off twice before she actually listened.

At least with Baylan, one gets the impression that he is a fundamentally honourable man who finds no joy in what he does.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Cartoon Man posted:

Are you new to star wars? Because getting a pass for dark side behavior is the way the justice system works.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ventress and Ahsoka settled up eventually and Ventress did worse

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Ventress also sacrificed her life for a man. :barf:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Until it happens on screen it's not canon

She's out there waiting for the cameo Dave

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They're setting up the inevitable betrayal where shin kills baylen.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

No Mods No Masters posted:

the best way to improve obi wan would be to cut 100% of it

Hold on just a minute, you only need to cut 97% of it. The 3% comprised of Obi Wan Kenobi, Disgusting Space Fish Butcher ruled and I won't hear any criticism of it. A slice of life miniseries showing our PTSD-ridden desert hermit hacking away at the galaxy's most repulsive creature would have been great, and it's a shame about everything that got in the way of that being the show

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

HootTheOwl posted:

They're setting up the inevitable betrayal where shin kills baylen.

Are they? I can barely tell what their relationship is since they don't ever really talk to each other beyond what is minimally necessary to advance the plot.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

koolkal posted:

Are they? I can barely tell what their relationship is since they don't ever really talk to each other beyond what is minimally necessary to advance the plot.
She basically turned to the camera and winked when he asked her to release her

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

IT BURNS posted:

It was probably discussed already, but man there are a lot of close-up face shots of his apprentice, especially in Episode 3. She's got the wide-eyed, head down eyes up stare dialed in.
They are absolutely doing blink edits on her.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I also kinda hope Morgan, makes it, too. It’d be interesting if Baylon bites it and Morgan looks at Shin and goes “so how do you feel about casting green fire balls”?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Admittedly it's a little wish casting on my part since I know IRL Ray Stevenson is dead so if he survived he's just going to go back to his home planet anyways

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I mean it's a been a while since they tested the digital homunculus waters at this point, and the character is getting a lot of positive reception. At the same time baylan is not so major people would get that mad, perhaps.

Seems like as good of a candidate for the procedure as any

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Have him get disfigured and he has to wear a helmet over his entire head, also he's Welsh now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We'll see how the strike goes before they all become actual AI action figures