Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They'll correctly identify certain things that have gone wrong and then in a brief paragraph at the end propose a set of solutions which are literally current government policies that are also supported by Labour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Have we tried taxing the poor to build an iron dome against small boats? It's a loving stupid idea but I've got to get my Spectator article count up this month so I can great reset the wokes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Everone knows it was Jeremiah Crumblins and that evil EU what broke britain. It was on the news and everything

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I bit the bullet and read it and it’s just nothing. A wet fart. The Tories have nothing left to say, time to hand the briefcase to Keith so he can become the subject of Daily Mail moaning about how hosed everything is.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

big scary monsters posted:

I know everyone else loves stuffing, but I am right and the rest of the world is wrong. This is my chocolate orange.

- me sitting by myself at the snack table during the orgy

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Tories of Cameron , May, Johnson and Truss should have thought a bit more long term you see , whilst engaged in a short term bout of absolutely loving the country to keep Nigel Farage and the Daily Mail happy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Big Sainsburys do a taste the difference pork with crackling that is really easy, even a dickhead like me can cook it.
It's this one by the way:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 7, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

- me sitting by myself at the snack table during the orgy
Snack table is the best place to be at an orgy :yum:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I once met one of my mum’s direct reports at the bar of an orgy once. Strangest post-coital chat I’ve ever had.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jakabite posted:

I once met one of my mum’s direct reports at the bar of an orgy once. Strangest post-coital chat I’ve ever had.

:what: That didn't translate.

---

Thunder & lightning is cool, power cuts... not so much.
At least it rained.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

We make this stuffing that is just a log of sausage & apple, wrapped in bacon, with chestnuts.

It’s the best loving thing, and so indulgent.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-bramley-stuffing

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

yung lambic posted:

We make this stuffing that is just a log of sausage & apple, wrapped in bacon, with chestnuts.

It’s the best loving thing, and so indulgent.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-bramley-stuffing

Always a fan of recipes that are “get some sausages and make one giant sausage and wrap bacon around it”

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lol

https://twitter.com/BarneyMarsh2/status/1699718599391232339

e: This nugget of gold just popped up on my feed:

https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1699823609999462460

:toot:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 7, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

TBEU trolling gold

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

The trick to avoid falling off a big chimney is to remember you can only do it once.

I get the fear just watching him doing his steeplejacking thing. What a guy.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Everyone should watch this

https://twitter.com/women4wes/status/1571188447720652800?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
why?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

How is it this difficult? There must be an easier way.

I guess easy is how rhe Chinese takeaways do it.

1. Buy belt sander
2. Apply belt sander to pork skin
3. Roast.

This is the most simplified protocol I've found that works reliably. I used to try all sorts of other things like using sodium bicarb, vinegar etc etc. Really it's just boil porķ, perforate skin, season, fridge overnight then shove into oven the next day. Buy a fatty cut of pork and even if you don't get all the steps right it will be fine.

Apart from needing the forethought to prep the night before I would say it's easier than having to do a roast chicken. You just can't go ezmode and shove a chicken in a bag in the oven.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Your mum is in it

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

The Tories of Cameron , May, Johnson and Truss should have thought a bit more long term you see , whilst engaged in a short term bout of absolutely loving the country to keep Nigel Farage and the Daily Mail happy

If the Tories had any balls (or bothered learning anything from their Russian paymasters) they'd just have the wings of Farage's plane fall off mid flight the moment he got too uppity.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Z the IVth posted:

If the Tories had any balls (or bothered learning anything from their Russian paymasters) they'd just have the wings of Farage's plane fall off mid flight the moment he got too uppity.

Im pretty sure they tried this and the gammon gently caress walked away

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
TfL bans ads featuring cheese!!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cheese-advert-banned-tube-london-underground-tfl-food-b1105490.html

quote:

TfL has banned adverts featuring an artisanal cheese company from the London transport network on the grounds they promote an unhealthy diet.

The posters put forward by business premises provider Workspace featured three panels, reading: “From crunching numbers to selling cheese online, it all happens at Workspace”.

It's a world gorn mad! Rat onna stick anyone?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 8, 2023

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Just Another Lurker posted:

:what: That didn't translate.

There’s nothing to translate. I met someone at a swingers party, got talking about careers after we’d done the deed and it turned out my mum was her boss. It was extremely odd and funny. She sent me a pic of a works zoom meeting a week later. We didn’t talk again after that. Bit too close to home

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jakabite posted:

There’s nothing to translate. I met someone at a swingers party, got talking about careers after we’d done the deed and it turned out my mum was her boss. It was extremely odd and funny. She sent me a pic of a works zoom meeting a week later. We didn’t talk again after that. Bit too close to home

You just translated it, because i had no loving idea what your original post meant. :tipshat:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
So apparently our Ex-PM Sanna Marin, who I viewed as someone Corbyn-esque politics wise, decided to quit her job as MP for the social democrats. She's coming over to you guys, she's joining the Tony Blair institute!!! Woooo?????.............

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In a sane world 'the Tony Blair Institute' would be a joke name for a prison.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

TfL bans ads featuring cheese!!!!
So you can't drink on the tube, but you can advertise getting shitfaced as a solution to your woes on the tube, where all ages can see it.

But you can't advertise cheese.

Can you still consume cheese on the tube?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

For re-education, re-education, re-education?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I miss drinking Ophir, too bloody expensive for me nowadays.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Can you still consume cheese on the tube?

TfL would prefer that you do not eat or drink while using public transport, but if you must do, please do not make a mess or throw your food at any MPs you may see

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

kingturnip posted:

TfL would prefer that you do not eat or drink while using public transport, but if you must do, please do not make a mess or throw your food at any MPs you may see

Reminds me of the brief but wonderful period during which milkshakes were thrown at right wing personalities - Farage and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon if I remember correctly.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sebzilla posted:

It's like forming the Arch of Honour in Disco Elysium but with your entire forearm
make siswet the minister for restoring respect

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Reminds me of the brief but wonderful period during which milkshakes were thrown at right wing personalities - Farage and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon if I remember correctly.
And the war criminal guy tipped a yogurt down himself and claimed he was milkshaked because poppy.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Guavanaut posted:

And the war criminal guy tipped a yogurt down himself and claimed he was milkshaked because poppy.

Old news now he's got the Finnish lady to join his institute.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Sarkad too.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Michael O'Leary (Ryan Air) got covered in ice cream yesterday... which was nice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Z the IVth posted:

Their Russian paymasters were literally paying them (and Farage) to bring about what the frog face Nazi oval office was being uppity for.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Guavanaut posted:

Much like in that one Discworld novel, it's for people who think they are Tony Blair. Most of the shadow cabinet is kept there

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sadly a year ago today
Her glorious majesty passed away
Now she’s in heaven with another job
Dutifully noshing Captain Toms knob

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Much like in that one Discworld novel, it's for people who think they are Tony Blair. Most of the shadow cabinet is kept there
Just like how in a sane world the Adam Smith Institute would be a Georgist style institute for land wealth reform, rather than a bunch of libertarians who think they are Adam Smith because they read a Spectator synopsis of a book about him.

Jedit posted:

Their Russian paymasters were literally paying them (and Farage) to bring about what the frog face Nazi oval office was being uppity for.
I'm not sure how much was Russian paymasters and how much was the formerly more pro-EU party of Heath and Thatcher and Cameron becoming scared of UKIP splitting the vote once all the tabloids decided that Brexit was the solution to all problems (principally the problem of offshore investments being investigated, but they never mentioned that one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

I get the fear just watching him doing his steeplejacking thing. What a guy.

I feel like this documentary desensitised me a bit, watching it made me feel tingly in my palms and heels, it's a guy climbing that cliff with no ropes or anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRVZ4SW7WU