Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

it's gonna be lit when he scans todd howard and puts him into death stranding 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

welp gale's dead

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i haven't upgraded my pc in 10 years so the nme stuff was new to me although i still got a 250gb ssd for windows when i built this machine.

now im thinking it's time to upgrade, was going to wait until black friday though to pick up some stuff.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Srice posted:

it's gonna be lit when he scans todd howard and puts him into death stranding 2

sam, bug gameman here

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

Half of the games thread is just people trying to calculate starfield sales and comparing made up numbers to speculation of sales for other games.

It is embarrassing.

lmfao

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i remember paying $250 for a 1tb mx500 and now you can get a 4tb version for 3/4 that now :argh:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al! posted:

i thought people were saying it was underperforming on concurrent players vs fo4

because its out on gamepass unlike FO4 which was just on steam.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm happy for everyone into starfield

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lostconfused posted:

Personally I think Starfield could have been better
and yes. bethesda games require a particular strain of scrambled eggs OCD lizard G-G-G-Gamer brains to enjoy, which i have, so im having fun. but even while having fun, i'm often thinkin' "man this X shoulda been just slightly better and woulda vastly improved the whole experience" like outposts or inventory or letting you play snowrunner in space.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

I’d like some future sci fi setting where the government isn’t a liberal conception of either dystopia, utopia or a presentist End of History.

Give me the Space Mughal Empire or Space Manchu/Meiji where warriors are forced to be civil servants or something.

It'd just end up being insanely racist and they know it, and you'd just be engaging with the setting through NGO equivalents anyway.

Someone needs to be brave enough to bring Peter Watts in and make some aliens that are truly alien

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm not. gently caress those freaks (me, my friends)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Buck Wildman posted:

yeah its great. I managed to get the bioweapons warcrimes factory online. Its so pretty. :cheerdoge:

Xaris posted:

and yes. bethesda games require a particular strain of scrambled eggs OCD lizard G-G-G-Gamer brains to enjoy, which i have, so im having fun. but even while having fun, i'm often thinkin' "man this X shoulda been just slightly better and woulda vastly improved the whole experience" like outposts or inventory or letting you play snowrunner in space.

if the game eventually has an automatron tier DLC which adds things like using your extra ships for automated trade routes or something then you can actually play a rich titan of industry.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

I'm not. gently caress those freaks (me, my friends)

as soon as the credits rolled on bg3 I clicked new game I can't judge

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Xaris posted:

what would a good snowrunner in space game be like though? like would it be Real Newtonian Physics simulation or would you have convenient scifi engines that produce thrust using only electricity instead of needing reaction mass?

would you just spend all your time taking off and burning to orbit and then landing on another planet, because actually traveling in space is really dull unless you're doing KSP orbit transfer bullshit in which case it's a lot of spreadsheet work and oops didn't bring enough fuel so now I'm stuck on a deep-space trajectory for the next 15 years and can't get anywhere... also is your pilot immortal or do they get old and retire so you're constantly churning through replacement dudes who work a few decades and then retire, like a roguelite?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Dreylad posted:

i haven't upgraded my pc in 10 years so the nme stuff was new to me although i still got a 250gb ssd for windows when i built this machine.

now im thinking it's time to upgrade, was going to wait until black friday though to pick up some stuff.

I thought my Sandy Bridge could still hack it but then CODMW 2019 came along and I CTDed all the time. :rip: I replaced it with a Ryzen 3600 and the CTDs went away.

Black friday deals will hopefully be good. AMD is the meta now. I upgraded to a 5600 last year for 120 bucks and it was just a drop in part since I had the motherboard already. I finally got a 3060 and it was under 300 bucks. Flash storage is cheap. RAM is better than it used to be price wise.

This is probably a good time to upgrade. Quick, do it before cryptocurrency has another surge or they figure how to monetize AI on random consumer cards.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
itd be zero g asteroid field dodging in a space tractor trailer or han solo kessel speedruns using blackholes n poo poo. like space s.t.a.l.k.e.r.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

silentsnack posted:

what would a good snowrunner in space game be like though? like would it be Real Newtonian Physics simulation or would you have convenient scifi engines that produce thrust using only electricity instead of needing reaction mass?

would you just spend all your time taking off and burning to orbit and then landing on another planet, because actually traveling in space is really dull unless you're doing KSP orbit transfer bullshit in which case it's a lot of spreadsheet work and oops didn't bring enough fuel so now I'm stuck on a deep-space trajectory for the next 15 years and can't get anywhere... also is your pilot immortal or do they get old and retire so you're constantly churning through replacement dudes who work a few decades and then retire, like a roguelite?

Your best bet for something like this imo would be a cargo shuttle bopping between moons and space stations in the same gravity well, maybe some interplanetary action. It would be the best way to ensure you're not staring a black screen in cruise for hours since the meat of the game would be handling rendezvous, orbital mechanics, docking, landing, and probably debris and asteroid fields.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

silentsnack posted:

it's kerbal space program next question

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

welp gale's dead

good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

at least I'll have the hand to remember him by

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

at least I'll have the hand to remember him by

use it to wipe your rear end then toss it into the bushes

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

silentsnack posted:

what would a good snowrunner in space game be like though?

already exists and it's called rebel galaxy outlaw

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

silentsnack posted:

it's Elite Dangerous, or this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1069190/Flight_Of_Nova/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
rebel galaxy is just poorly emulated freelancer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

whoa

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

use it to wipe your rear end then toss it into the bushes

maybe I'll play as him on my next playthrough

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm
Still in a truck
snooooooowwwwwruuuuuunnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrr

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

been telling all companions "btw I'm a Murder Man" as soon as I recruit them honesty is the best policy imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
snowrunner should take the trucks out, leave the 4wd’s in

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Does X4 still run like total rear end

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Half of the games thread is just people trying to calculate starfield sales and comparing made up numbers to speculation of sales for other games.

It is embarrassing.

Obsessing over other threads trying to kick up forums wars instead of playing a good game, sad stuff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

maybe I'll play as him on my next playthrough

you get a unique required dialogue option if you do that, "hello, my name's gale and i'm legally obligated to tell you i'm a

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Does X4 still run like total rear end

is x4 the 5th x game

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

silentsnack posted:

They made Snowrunner in space. It's called Mars First Logistics and everyone should play it.

https://youtu.be/S5d_DuyExzk?si=AwXUvsemYXhVBMeG

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

snowrunner should take the trucks out, leave the 4wd’s in

they’re making that just saw an ad on steam for it

“explorations a mud runner game” or something

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
5 attacks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gumball Gumption posted:

Obsessing over other threads trying to kick up forums wars instead of playing a good game, sad stuff

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Love Arn, what the video game goons do can't hurt you. Just try to have fun, less hate.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

not trying to start forums wars, just want to snicker about the guy who cranked his runspeed up to 10 to prove to other people they weren't having fun and seeing new things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

not trying to start forums wars, just want to snicker about the guy who cranked his runspeed up to 10 to prove to other people they weren't having fun and seeing new things

I'm going to kill that guy (actionable threat [calling boba on discord for pipe bomb lessons atm])