Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Oh my God. I present to you, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Wonderful, Koko B Ware, and the Honky Tonk Man hawking unlicensed NES games in an infomercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAEtLoxk7JQ

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Hulk Hogan was the force behind esports?

I'm howling at how excited he is for mahjongg at one point

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I never thought I'd hear Hulk Hogan yelling about Color Dreams unlicensed classic Baby Boomer for NES. What a world we live in.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Holy poo poo the 3/26/1988 episode of nwa world championship wrestling. :dogstare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Holy poo poo the 3/26/1988 episode of nwa world championship wrestling. :dogstare:

haha yeah man, totally

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Alaois posted:

haha yeah man, totally

They did a promo with magnum where tully and JJ confront magnum because of interference in a different match. Barry comes out to get between magnum and tully so tully pops Barry, then pops magnum. when tully and jj act like they are moving to work over magnum, dusty comes tearing out, pushes tully and jj away, grabs a baseball bat magnum had during the promo, and starts laying into tully. during this David and Jimmy crockett and some other "commissioner" get hit and pushed away by dusty. dusty then chokesout tully with the bat before going to commercial. The sequence was pretty well down as a shocking brawl breaking out.

I really wasn't expecting this to happen and it caught me by surprise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hirez posted:

I'm howling at how excited he is for mahjongg at one point
he spent enough time in japan in the 80s its entirely possible he shoot played mahjong

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
akagi is based on hulk hogan's experiences playing mahjong in japan

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
look it up

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hulk Hogan wouldn’t have had time to play mahjong he was too busy time travelling via the international date line brother

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

But also the Hulkster was one of the greatest mahjong players of all time and he would have gone pro except he heard someone paid 3 little old ladies to break his fingers at his next game and he had to flee the country dude

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Clash of champions 1 was really good. All but the first tag team match were good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

akagi is based on hulk hogan's experiences playing mahjong in japan
hulk hogan and washizu had a match that lasted 20 years brother

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Thirteen Orphans is a reference to all the children left fatherless after Hulk tore a path of destruction all the way through puroresu.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The NWA-WCW 04-02-88 taping has a Flair promo where he comes out and talks about pills then takes one on camera for "energy". Is this a new angle or were they really hocking pills?

Edit: if you check out the episode I'm talking about also watch a bit longer for Arn Anderson's new hairdo

I guess babydoll was fired by this point too. That sucks. She was really starting to be comfortable and becoming a good heel.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 5, 2023

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

The NWA-WCW 04-02-88 taping has a Flair promo where he comes out and talks about pills then takes one on camera for "energy". Is this a new angle or were they really hocking pills?

Flair was just taking amphetamines and they happened to have a camera on him, no big deal

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

haunted bong posted:

Flair was just taking amphetamines and they happened to have a camera on him, no big deal

It was part of the promo though. He calls them performance enhancing vitamins that keep him up all night with energy.

He gives a bottle to David crockett at the end.

If it is a new angle then I'm ready for drug abuse Flair.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
them yellowjackets keep a tired man from slacking

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

haunted bong posted:

Somebody a while back showed me the credits to The Tonight Show when it had Carson and McMahon on it and while they were rolling you could see clear as day Ed doing a bump off whatever little holder he kept his coke in in front of God and everybody.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: if you check out the episode I'm talking about also watch a bit longer for Arn Anderson's new hairdo

I guess babydoll was fired by this point too. That sucks. She was really starting to be comfortable and becoming a good heel.

They were really real pills. They were probably just vitamin pills, but who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_RkJ1VrLcA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
the pills were meth

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 5, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

MrBling posted:

They were really real pills. They were probably just vitamin pills, but who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_RkJ1VrLcA

Lmao hell yeah. I would take one

https://ringthedamnbell.wordpress.com/2021/04/06/vita-horse-men-remembering-the-four-horsemen-vitamins/
The product was discontinued a couple months after introduction due to tully and arn leaving lol

Edit: lol at dusty being suspended for 120 days then immediately coming back as midnight rider

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 5, 2023

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: lol at dusty being suspended for 120 days then immediately coming back as midnight rider

I can never be mad at Midnight Rider cause RD Evans/Archibald Peck parodied it perfectly in Chikara when he lost a loser leaves town match and came back under a mask as "The Mysterious and Handsome Stranger" and fans would chant "we don't know you" at him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought he was clowning on Hogan with all his vitamin bullshit but there you go.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wrestlers never clown about their vitamins

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ric Flair, the Uncle Baby Billy of pro wrestling

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wrestlers never clown about their vitamins

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

JJ Dillon after watching the Midnight rider video on 4/9/88 nwa was funny.

How do i know its dusty? Im not blind i spent a fortune on these glasses!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Suplex Liberace posted:

JJ Dillon after watching the Midnight rider video on 4/9/88 nwa was funny.

How do i know its dusty? Im not blind i spent a fortune on these glasses!!

JJ Dillon and Cornette both had funny spots about the rider. It was just them yelling at the announcers and the crocketts about how loving stupid they are.

The 1988 Crockett Cup is a god damned mess too. Lmao at Windham becoming a horseman in an untelevised match for the tag team belts 2 days before the event.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

a million dollars!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

The 1988 Crockett Cup is a god damned mess too. Lmao at Windham becoming a horseman in an untelevised match for the tag team belts 2 days before the event.

House show turn wasn't as silly then as it would be now, although it was getting there.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
hulk hogan was mr. america and i have proof

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dawgstar posted:

House show turn wasn't as silly then as it would be now, although it was getting there.

I'm watching the NWA show the week after the crockett cup and they do air the heel turn match. The crocket cup wasn't a ppv or closed circuit soil had to imagine those at the event were confused.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hulk hogan was mr. america and i have proof

Mate, he passed a lie detector test, it wasn't him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ok so I watched Barry's heel turn and God drat it was a good turn and the followup of dusty as midnight rider charging into the heel dressing room to confront Barry only to get demasked, no shots of his face so no extended suspension, was pretty good. Kevin sullivan then comes out and talks about the reasons barry betrayed lex and how now the american dream is now broken was great too. The entire stadium was near silent for thr rotunda match that took place afterward.

The heels are ascendant.

Edit: lmao arn

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 7, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought you were watching old wrestling that’s just 2023 Arn Anderson in a wig

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Sitting on it, I think the only misstep with Barry's heel turn was it not happen during the Crockett cup final. That would have adequate everyone go crazy.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat you are flying through these. You will be in 1989 soon and that has Flairs 2 best feuds and his best matches. RIP Terry Funk

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Suplex Liberace posted:

drat you are flying through these. You will be in 1989 soon and that has Flairs 2 best feuds and his best matches. RIP Terry Funk

1989 creatively is only matched by how poorly it did financially. (1992 is similar.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

1989 creatively is only matched by how poorly it did financially. (1992 is similar.)

If the stories were good and matches were good why did it do poorly financially.?