Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/katemckenna8/status/1699925138488148324?t=vXyW1SzKeIATDALMqNCwKA&s=19

Fun Cargo cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Just remembered that VIA's big new rail line in the Toronto-Montreal corridor is going to be all P3 contracts lol

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

DaysBefore posted:

Just remembered that VIA's big new rail line in the Toronto-Montreal corridor is going to be all P3 contracts lol

Just what Ottawa needs, more p3 trains

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

CPC: Americans and those wishing to join them

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

... high speed rail to the new Hudson Bay port?

https://twitter.com/apapenheim/status/1339500029741035520

yeah I agree, the perfect train system doesn’t stop in New Brunswick at all. I’ll vote for whoever makes this happen.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i never noticed the stop before winnipeg is the snake pit and there is no calgary stop so i think the map is good now

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

ZShakespeare posted:

It's not like they have to do anything they promise in their platform anyhow. Once they get in they'll just do whatever the gently caress ghoulish poo poo they want.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

that’s an f-14, so Top Gun appropriate.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Wow, this year or last the CAQ and Liberals I’m Québec voted for a 10k raise/ year for MNAs (Quebec Solidaire voted against) and now the leader of QS is donating his 10k raise to food insecurity type operations.

pretty classy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you would think transport infrastructure would be more important to the all the resource extraction companies but nope

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

just more targets for antifa

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

you would think transport infrastructure would be more important to the all the resource extraction companies but nope

The only thing in this country with more agency than white Anglo-Saxon gerontocracy are the finite natural resources transported by exclusive rail infrastructure.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

i never noticed the stop before winnipeg is the snake pit and there is no calgary stop so i think the map is good now

VIA doesn't stop in Calgary as is so we're already halfway to perfection

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Adenoid Dan posted:

I read an interview with a homeless guy who came very close to going through with MAID based on his poverty and inability to get appropriate support (he got that through the community after his case was reported on) and he was very emphatic that he didn't want people going after doctors approving this because he made a rational choice based his circumstances and it wasn't his doctor's fault they couldn't prescribe what he needed to live.

So yeah, pretty much this.

I bet it's pretty hard on the doctors to have patients like this where they know what they need, it's reasonable and achievable, they are healthy and could have many years left and the only option that is open to them is a dignified death.

Rational autonomous actors in the free market

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

New Winnipeg Jets CPC logo about to drop:

Erin O'Toole's chosen mission statement “Through adversity, to the stars” that I don't remember ever hearing anyone say is also changing:

quote:

New merchandise being unveiled at this week’s policy convention in Quebec City will showcase that, too: T-shirts branded with the words “Common sense” on the front, and “Bring it home” on the back — catchphrases that have been mainstays of Poilievre’s political rhetoric since he became leader.

Ah, memories of Mike Harris.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
some sort of revolution of common sense.

that went so well for us the last time

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know if there are any wires left to strip out. They can hardly sell Air Canada and Petro Canada twice.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't know if there are any wires left to strip out. They can hardly sell Air Canada and Petro Canada twice.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂŤÂ̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓gĂŤÂ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
In Montreal for the first time and some important observations as a simple Alberta boy:

- they have Winks here but it's called Couche Tard (problematic?)

- underserved homeless people in the midst of a psychotic episode will shriek in frenglish until they find out that whoever they're shouting at is monolingual and then will immediately switch to perfect English or French nonsensical ranting. This place is truly cultured

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

3 years of mandatory french where I learned nothing but greetings, apologies, the alphabet, and counting from a French teacher who got really mad if we did any of those things without a proper accent has prepared me for the experience of saying hello and then apologizing after somebody expects me to do more than say hello and apologize for not speaking French

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

oh canada, our home and native oil and gas company

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

There’s still the ‘don valley park way’, ‘QEW,’ hell why not the 409.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

3 years of mandatory french where I learned nothing but greetings, apologies, the alphabet, and counting from a French teacher who got really mad if we did any of those things without a proper accent has prepared me for the experience of saying hello and then apologizing after somebody expects me to do more than say hello and apologize for not speaking French

two years of french immersion and a subsequent decade of french classes prepared me to understand one in five words being spoken by anyone from quebec

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I wish we had better rail lines in Canada. We wanted to take a trip to Disney next year but didn't want to drive down from Winnipeg. Our options are fly or try to figure out the nightmare that is Canada and the US's rail system.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

and also spend about a week on the train.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

infernal machines posted:

and also spend about a week on the train.

Enjoy your time at the death camp :)

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Randalor posted:

I wish we had better rail lines in Canada. We wanted to take a trip to Disney next year but didn't want to drive down from Winnipeg. Our options are fly or try to figure out the nightmare that is Canada and the US's rail system.

Drive

Do it in 3 days. Winnipeg to Wisconsin (Madison would be good). Wisconsin to Tennessee (Nashville). Tennessee to Orlando.

Flying almost guarantees covid and car rentals in and around Orlando are inevitably overpriced.

Fwiw this is based on a lot of family life experience in the past. And the flying experience/cost has only got worse.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

A high speed rail system that hits both Inuvik and Iqaluit but not Yellowknife, impressive.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

ZShakespeare posted:

It's not like they have to do anything they promise in their platform anyhow. Once they get in they'll just do whatever the gently caress ghoulish poo poo they want.

they could send more Michaels to the prc

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Isizzlehorn posted:

Drive

Do it in 3 days. Winnipeg to Wisconsin (Madison would be good). Wisconsin to Tennessee (Nashville). Tennessee to Orlando.

Flying almost guarantees covid and car rentals in and around Orlando are inevitably overpriced.

Fwiw this is based on a lot of family life experience in the past. And the flying experience/cost has only got worse.

hey now. I'm 7/8 not getting covid while flying.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Enjoy your time at the death camp :)

Disney is only a death camp for the workers silly.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
im boycotting the entire existence of florida

my next american family trip will be to the thriving working class metropolis of flint, michigan to tour the cities 5 premier bowling alleys

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

eXXon posted:

We believe that workers aged 65 and over should not pay taxes on working income.

you think they'll specifically disallow income from a corporation you are a director or shareholder of?

like how the gently caress is this going to work for people that incorporate long term and continue earning and paying out salary past 65?

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

Drive

also you can literally be this guy!

https://youtu.be/8L4cttwNaDs?feature=shared

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

trains rule

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

ZShakespeare posted:

hey now. I'm 7/8 not getting covid while flying.
:hmmno:

RBC posted:

im boycotting the entire existence of florida
:hmmyes:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CLAM DOWN posted:

trains rule

Tory scum

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I loving love trains but not in a horny or obsessive way

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

you think they'll specifically disallow income from a corporation you are a director or shareholder of?

like how the gently caress is this going to work for people that incorporate long term and continue earning and paying out salary past 65?

"F🍁CK TRUDEAU"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Puppy Burner posted:

"F🍁CK TRUDEAU"

we’re gonna get so many op eds from upper Canadians making 100,000 a year+ arguing the conservative platform is anything but a brand new truck with this flag driving to a McMansion in the suburbs