Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Given that Tony Khan is 40 and CM Punk is literally only four years older than him, even if you don't take into account that Punk is a pro wrestler and Tony Khan isn't, this is a particularly dumb take

I mean I'm sure he was scared and he was probably saying it like as a legal justification, but if he really felt Punk was going to actually kill him with his bare hands and jiu jitsu skills, then, well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's a wrestler

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im not going to psychoanalyze the man but he's a wrestler

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
What TK really should have done was hit Punks nose with a rolled up newspaper until he calmed down :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I mean I'm sure he was scared and he was probably saying it like as a legal justification, but if he really felt Punk was going to actually kill him with his bare hands and jiu jitsu skills, then, well...

You're right, the scrawny guy who's not an athlete had nothing to fear from the pro wrestler who spars with Malakai Black

E: also keep in mind that prior to Brawl Out, Punk and TK had been absolutely chummy, whenever they'd appear together in public they were all smiles and joking and TK looked like he couldn't believe that he was sitting next to CM Punk. And then, after the first brawl a year ago, he still bent over backwards to keep him around and keep him happy.

Now imagine yourself in TK's place: just moments before the biggest show in your company's history, your employee and pal that you'd been previously getting along with so well, that you'd gone out of your way to try and keep happy, has just attacked another person right in front of you. And when you try to get him to stop, he then lunges at you as well, cursing you out, etc. He's a pro wrestler, while you are built like someone slapped a wig and suit on the tree from the Charlie Brown Christmas special.

I feel pretty confident in saying that he very likely was fearful for his life in that situation.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 8, 2023

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Well, sure, I get it. I mean that's why I don't want to just call him a wuss. But realistically Punk probably wasn't going to strangle him to death in front of witnesses. Although, he IS a wrestler...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think tony kahn might be out of his depth dealing with wrestlers who are all crazy people

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No, it was that he knocked over a bunch of heavy equipment onto people.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
owns that punk supporters are using language that makes punk some kind of wild animal that tony kahn was unable to control wrestling rules lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That does sound dangerous. I thought the thing was the "lunge." I put " lunge" in quotes because Dave Meltzer reported that he has backstage sources who say it was "much more than a lunge" but I don't thing he elaborated. Oh, Dave.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dave is kind of stupid but i love him

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Now I'm picturing Punk trying to do that elbow move the dude from Virtua Fighter/Shenmue does

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Well, sure, I get it. I mean that's why I don't want to just call him a wuss. But realistically Punk probably wasn't going to strangle him to death in front of witnesses. Although, he IS a wrestler...

This is a really stupid way to look at such situations and makes you look like a huge Internet Tough Guy.

:goonsay: Surely a rational person would know that physical interaction with lethal outcome is highly unlikely in that situation.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Well I see where this is going but I do maintain CM Punk murdering Tony Kahn seems highly unlikely

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well I see where this is going but I do maintain CM Punk murdering Tony Kahn seems highly unlikely

Just take the L

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Like yes, fearing for his life, I won't even argue that part is dumb. Now, to look at it after the fact as fans and think CM Punk was actually going to kil! Tony Kahn...I mean, sure, I guess a monitor could have fallen on his head. I'll stop there. This is dumb. Sorry.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if cm punk lunged at me I would simply neutralize him with a spanish fly

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Nobody is saying it is likely.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dude stfu

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

gently caress it, I am.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Like yes, fearing for his life, I won't even argue that part is dumb. Now, to look at it after the fact as fans and think CM Punk was actually going to kil! Tony Kahn...I mean, sure, I guess a monitor could have fallen on his head. I'll stop there. This is dumb. Sorry.

Well it's a good thing nobody's doing that!

What is being said is "It's plausible that TK did actually fear for his life in that situation". That's a bit of a difference from "I BELIEVE PUNK WAS GOING TO ACTUALLY MURDER TONY KHAN", which is an argument that only you seem to be making (and then arguing against) here.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk as jack torrance from the shining but he's mad about luke perry's son

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
no one thinks cm punk was going to kill tony kahn stop being a dumbass what people are saying is that cm punk is an emotionally unstable rear end in a top hat that could have seriously hurt tony kahn and people who arent billionaires by getting into a fight back stage surrounded by heavy equipment which is why he was fired with cause within a matter of days because legal saw the videos and immediately realized punk was a giant liability

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

lol yes it's a dumb argument, I realize that... now watch a year from now cm punk chokes someone to death for cutting him in line at the ice cream shoppe.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I remember triple h hosed up some backstage crew member's leg by pushing over an equipment box

if you watched the footage it super looked like nothing but I guess those equipment boxes weigh like ten thousand pounds and the edges are made of swords

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cubone posted:

if you watched the footage it super looked like nothing but I guess those equipment boxes weigh like ten thousand pounds and the edges are made of swords

Good against COVID, those boxes.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and furthermore tony kahn exposed the business by not allowing cm punk to brutally murder jack perry in a shoot fight for disrespecting him and should be blacklisted from wrestling

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The funniest part about guys like Cornette saying TK is a pussy for being scared is that they're comparing him to the old-school promoters from back in the day, many of whom were former wrestlers themselves and could handle themselves in a fight with unruly talent (or were packing a gun).

If TK has ever been in an actual fistfight in the whole of his life, I'd be amazed. The sons of billionaires don't get into fistfights. They don't have to.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you at least wait until the biggest ppv of the year if you're going to book punk murdering jack perry in a shoot fight

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jim cornette thinks its a good thing when the crowd literally wants to murder you because it means they are invested wrestling really did a number on that boy lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jim cornette and cm punk have a lot in common they both get into physical altercations over stupid poo poo and take the most minor and stupid poo poo about wrestling dead serious even when no one else gives a poo poo ... two sides of the same coin

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jim cornette and cm punk have a lot in common they both get into physical altercations over stupid poo poo and take the most minor and stupid poo poo about wrestling dead serious even when no one else gives a poo poo ... two sides of the same coin

I think it's really the same side of the same coin. Both have talked about their own progressive views and ideals and railed against conservative viewpoints, while also fully embracing the worst aspects of toxic masculinity.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

and jim cornette once overdosed on pepsi

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It would be one thing if people like Cornette and Punk were the only alternative for how entertaining wrestlers can be and act. Like, there are so many examples of great wrestlers with toxic personalities that one is tempted to suggest that being great at wrestling requires being a total shithead.

But then you watch New Day playing some video games or Daniel Bryan doing anything and you quickly realize that Punk and Cornette have no excuse. They are assholes.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they've both destroyed decades long friendships over AEW but in corny's case its even more pathetic because he was never employed by the company and instead decided anyone that likes AEW has to be his enemy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
corny you worked for TNA sit down lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can’t listen to Jim Cornette because the constant throat clearing makes me feel like I need a lozenge.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I can’t listen to Jim Cornette because the constant throat clearing makes me feel like I need a lozenge.

I don't listen to Cornette at all but this makes me want to hear him in a dual lecture with Zizek where the constant hrmpfs and snorts would drive any listener insane.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jim cornette thinks its a good thing when the crowd literally wants to murder you because it means they are invested wrestling really did a number on that boy lol

They don't want to murder Cornette because they are invested in wrestling, they want to murder Cornette because he won't stop calling them about coming over to gently caress Cornette's wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Not anything to do with Punk, AEW or anything..

Stevie Richards has a small YouTube channel where he goes over stuff like bad moves, how he takes moves, and his own botches.

It's pretty interesting, but, I am still a big mark for Stevie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-B8O9zQ9q8