Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dick Fontaine posted:

just the usual. here’s a tesla. motherfuckers couldn’t even get the doors to shut

that's a feature Dick Fontaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Rains flood the playa

Tourists stuck in muddy cars

The effigy burns

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

who knew trust fund chem sex addicts wouldn’t be good stewards of the land?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
When you’re squatting on the playa
And you feel something spray-a

Diarrhea

Diarrhea

E: sorry wrong thread

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vamanos a la playa

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I wonder if they’ll ever try this thing again lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

19 o'clock posted:

I wonder if they’ll ever try this thing again lol

They've likely already started planning next year.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Poohs Packin posted:

They've likely already started planning next year.

They're going to have to burn 2 mans.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Overdog posted:

that was 2007. another awesome year

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dick Fontaine posted:

that was 2007. another awesome year

Aw man was it like TOTAL AND CONTINUOUS EGO DESTRUCTION or just kind of mid? :thunk:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Did the two burning men like fight each other. While burning.

That would of been cool.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Did the two burning men like fight each other. While burning.

That would of been cool.

paging Kaiju Cage Match

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

is burning man the same as wicker man or am i getting my men mixed up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

is burning man the same as wicker man or am i getting my men mixed up

BURN EM ALL!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Overdog posted:

they're gonna throw a muddy man and charge for it

naem
May 29, 2011

next year the rich will have raised walkways installed above potential mud and air conditioned roofs and their off road vehicles and helicopters will have valet service

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

next year the rich will have raised walkways installed above potential mud and air conditioned roofs and their off road vehicles and helicopters will have valet service

I'm thinkstorming hover platforms for VIP Membership.

naem
May 29, 2011

the roof, walkways and ac will cost hundreds of millions and will recreate the level of comfort and opulence that is usually reserved for the conference center of a Holiday Inn and Suites location in Gary, indiana, but will cause the extinction of several desert species

the hoverboots will be powered directly by the suffering of anyone staying in a tent

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

the roof, walkways and ac will cost hundreds of millions and will recreate the level of comfort and opulence that is usually reserved for the conference center of a Holiday Inn and Suites location in Gary, indiana, but will cause the extinction of several desert species

the hoverboots will be powered directly by the suffering of anyone staying in a tent

Progress demands sacrifice

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Those mud shrimp are way more cool and interesting than burning man. I want to learn more about the mud shrimp and the desert ecosystem.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
It’s all worth it to watch diplo press play.

)(

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Eeyo posted:

Those mud shrimp are way more cool and interesting than burning man. I want to learn more about the mud shrimp and the desert ecosystem.
I googled mud shrimp due to this thread and found no good description of their life cycle and how they survive in the desert.

Shrimp in the desert. That's actually interesting. Someone please explain the shrimp.

naem
May 29, 2011

Eeyo posted:

https://youtube.com/shorts/DIiH2QFRF1g?si=X2RcQP1oyWMA3UAB

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elukka posted:

I googled mud shrimp due to this thread and found no good description of their life cycle and how they survive in the desert.

Shrimp in the desert. That's actually interesting. Someone please explain the shrimp.

It's a lake

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They're like sea monkeys but in the sand. Dune monkeys? And now they are infused with psychadelic drugs.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/oS_MCdverzE?si=plInwXad9yZXqMAr

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Elukka posted:

They congregate around underground moisture and given enough time and enough of them they'll form a Sandworm

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

neat!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

They congregate around underground moisture and given enough time and enough of them they'll form a Sandworm

WE RIDE!!!!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KULL KATYAL

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 7, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Elukka posted:

You can just buy the desert shrimps and grow them:

https://www.amazon.com/TRIASSIC-TRI...ps%2C407&sr=8-5

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Desert Bus posted:

You can just buy the desert shrimps and grow them:

https://www.amazon.com/TRIASSIC-TRI...ps%2C407&sr=8-5

They sound like hard mode sea monkeys

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Tucson Sea Monkies

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

MrQwerty posted:

They are actually way easier and super neat

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
notice me sen playa

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/wir7jmefyec?si=rJoCRHyEoXiUsU0E

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Mud on La Playa

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

just out of pure curiosity, how has no one rolled up to this festival of stoned rich folks and just taken all the valuables by force ?

and i only read the first few pages and last few pages so far, but how many stories of helicopters coming in to save someone super rich while leaving everyone else stranded still have popped up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Blue On Blue posted:

just out of pure curiosity, how has no one rolled up to this festival of stoned rich folks and just taken all the valuables by force ?

and i only read the first few pages and last few pages so far, but how many stories of helicopters coming in to save someone super rich while leaving everyone else stranded still have popped up?

Do you think that wealthy people walk around with like jewels and stuff? Because this is like my 6 year old nieces conception of a rich person.