Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Whoreson Welles posted:

Rice balls out, makes everyone who took a flier on him feel like a genius, then disappears until week 12.

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everyone whip your Rice balls out

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

Everyone whip your Rice balls out

Right on cue the guy in my league starts gloating about him, then we asked if he actually started him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK how you can trust any skill player in KC's offense who isn't TK.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm going full gently caress it and starting Noah Gray over Dawson Knox in 20-team league let's goooooo

Going great so far. Just so great! Love it! Shut up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

Right on cue the guy in my league starts gloating about him, then we asked if he actually started him.

Wish I had started him! Stashed on my bench currently. Looks good out there

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

mcmagic posted:

IDK how you can trust any skill player in KC's offense who isn't TK.

They haven’t had a reliable WR since Tyreek

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sun God getting my week off to a good start

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So…uh…why did I draft Gibbs?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He looks good. His time will come.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Montgomery is honestly not that good and they'll probably pivot away from him at some point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Anti-Hero posted:

Don't know, go ahead and drop him now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't know, go ahead and drop him now.

I'll definitely trade David Montgomery for him, straight up!

lol I should try this

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Wrong thread.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 8, 2023

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

you thought you were playing dynasty

(e: gibbs did look good)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Beersheets failed me!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

23.5 is not really what I hoped for from Mahomes.

Like 150 lost yards

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Would've liked for you Gibbs owners if he got the TD! My Lions fan buddy had both Sun God and Monty going. Not the worst scenario, but oof each of them getting the only offensive TDs of the game hurts.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 8, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I played vs Mahomes and Pacheco and I’m pretty happy being down only 28 points between the 2 of them.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Didn’t start LaPorta but good first game for him

I’ve also got Juwan Johnson, so maybe I’ll be ok on the TE front?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah I’m not worried about Gibbs. He slipped on a free TD that later went to Sun god and then he didn’t shoot a wide open gap that would have yielded another big play; judgment error that they’ll drill him on. Last year, Campbell ran Williams a lot even when Swift was healthy because he’s oldschool trust his vets mentality.

The difference in talent is obvious though and when the rookie stuff gets taught out of Gibbs (I think 3 weeks) he will shine. I drafted him and Kamara in my big money because I will get to come out very strong for second half that way.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Chiefs' insistence on not throwing to their best receiver (McKinnon) last night was baffling.

Pacheco and CEH sucked rear end even before Pacheco got banged up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

The Chiefs' insistence on not throwing to their best receiver (McKinnon) last night was baffling.

Yeah, he was top 10 in RB targets last year. Feels weird to just be an afterthought like that.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Gibbs looked explosive and his usage was exactly what Campbell suggested it would be. It’ll only go up from here and he’s going to be some player.

After losing Kelce I’m pretty delighted with just shy of 9 points from La Porta too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
https://imgflip.com/i/7yg23v

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 8, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bumhead posted:

Gibbs looked explosive and his usage was exactly what Campbell suggested it would be. It’ll only go up from here and he’s going to be some player.

After losing Kelce I’m pretty delighted with just shy of 9 points from La Porta too.

I think he'll blow up late in the season like Walker III did last year (for a couple of games at least).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Okay but we can blame Matt Nagy right

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

I think he'll blow up late in the season like Walker III did last year (for a couple of games at least).

Round here I call that "league winning upside"

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

kiimo posted:

23.5 is not really what I hoped for from Mahomes.

Like 150 lost dropped yards by one player

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

I mean, McKinnon had a HUGE drop himself

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Jingleheimer posted:

Toney is going to only have like 2 maybe 3 catches but one of them is going to be a 70yd TD pass.

Just quoting this for posterity

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
In 0.5 PPR redraft, would you rather stash Marvin Mims or Jalin Hyatt this year? In favor of Mims, the injuries to DEN wide receivers offer a clear path to playing time. On the other hand, I like Hyatt's coaching and QB situation more. If he's good, I think Daboll will get him involved. I wouldn't be counting on either to start immediately, they're more like fun insurance and maybe a cheap keeper for next year if they break out.

gloom fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 8, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think Mims is going to get on the field and get targets right away.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

Just quoting this for posterity

This is a bit of a stretch here, but I'm going to say I was kind of right. The word catch might not have been entirely accurate, and I never specified which end zone it was going to end up in.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Jingleheimer posted:

This is a bit of a stretch here, but I'm going to say I was kind of right. The word catch might not have been entirely accurate, and I never specified which end zone it was going to end up in.

That was why I quoted it. You were both incredibly right and incredibly wrong. :v:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

From the Aftermath thread:

Since I’m feeling sympathetic to all of the Mahomes drafters I’m willing to offer a trade, out of the goodness of my heart, for Sam Howell straight up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lost in last night's debacle is that Justyn Ross caught 100% of his targets. They need to give him more opportunities I say.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

gloom posted:

In 0.5 PPR redraft, would you rather stash Marvin Mims or Jalin Hyatt this year? In favor of Mims, the injuries to DEN wide receivers offer a clear path to playing time. On the other hand, I like Hyatt's coaching and QB situation more. If he's good, I think Daboll will get him involved. I wouldn't be counting on either to start immediately, they're more like fun insurance and maybe a cheap keeper for next year if they break out.

Mims because of opportunity. They've both got terrible QBs throwing to them so who knows how low that ceiling is.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone care to rate review and smash that like button in my 12t standard non ppr yahoo draft? I think I like it. I wish I would’ve grabbed more high end RBs since it’s non ppr but I like to take the best players available when possible.

QB Trevor Lawrence
WR Tee Higgins
WR DK Metcalf
RB Tony Pollard
RB Rachaad White
TE Travis Kelce
WRT Raheem Mostert
BN Christian Watson
BN Jamaal Williams
BN Tank Bigsby
BN Rashod Bateman
BN Allen Lazard
BN Dawson Knox (dropping for an upside RB when Kelce is back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1700213050513527145

LOL who would've seen this coming.

As I turn into a corncob for having this fucker in 2 leagues..................................................