Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Maroon Hawk posted:

All I’m asking for other than backwards compatibility is Discord integration

I'd risk bricking mine when Miyamoto sees it hacked and online, just to get rid of that.

:69snypa: another bad snipe by me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Sorry y’all don’t have friends to play with :smug:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Sorry y’all don’t have friends to play with :smug:

yeah if there's one thing we can say for sure about people way too into Discord, it's that they have lots of friends and are socially very well adjusted

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
the Super Switch should integrate something healthy and normal, like SomethingAwful

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can hear it now

Commercials and presentations where they shoehorn in “Switch to tv mode” and “Switch to portable mode” every chance they can

What will be the first game to use the gimmicky title “Switch 2 _______”

Switch 2 Mario
Switch 2 Zelda
Switch 2 Donkey Kong

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone pick up Rune Factory 3?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

WarpDogs posted:

yeah if there's one thing we can say for sure about people way too into Discord, it's that they have lots of friends and are socially very well adjusted

Are you gonna pitch Facebook integration instead

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the big reason the switch might not have it is if they have to substantially change processor architectures or something. idk. they've had BC consoles and non-BC consoles so i dont think you can make a determination either way

Good thing there's an entire family of SoC's based on Tegra that are made by Nvidia that have been made over the last ten years (mainly for the vehicle market) since the X1 the Switch uses.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I can't imagine nvidia wouldn't develop a custom chip for nintendo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

icantfindaname posted:

I can't imagine nvidia wouldn't develop a custom chip for nintendo

They didn't develop one last time, unless you count the additional gig of Ram. The Tegra X1 was an already existing, off-the-shelf system.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Switch II Men

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Nintendo swUtch

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Can't wait to order a Swiitch and its eventual successor, the Swiiitch.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Swiitch

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Nintendo Vers

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

they tend to name their consoles after whatever new aspect they add. if they're basically just boosting the specs, streamlining the handheld and all that, yea, something along the lines of swiitch or switch^2 or switch power or whatever.

but if there's some new aspect to it, then it'll have a name indicating so. no idea what that might be.

i just want them to make the joycons or whatever they come up with more reliable.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Shares of NTDOY dropped 30% in after-hours trading following the unveiling of the Japanese corporation’s next major gaming system, the Nintendo Diarrhea.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Kevyn posted:

Shares of NTDOY dropped 30% in after-hours trading following the unveiling of the Japanese corporation’s next major gaming system, the Nintendo Diarrhea.

I'll still buy it

Cha Cha Cha

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

They didn't develop one last time, unless you count the additional gig of Ram. The Tegra X1 was an already existing, off-the-shelf system.

That was before Nintendo sold 120 million switches

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Steve Yun posted:

I can hear it now

Commercials and presentations where they shoehorn in “Switch to tv mode” and “Switch to portable mode” every chance they can

What will be the first game to use the gimmicky title “Switch 2 _______”

Switch 2 Mario
Switch 2 Zelda
Switch 2 Donkey Kong

Sorry buddy that isn't dumb enough to be a Nintendo Console Name

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

they tend to name their consoles after whatever new aspect they add. if they're basically just boosting the specs, streamlining the handheld and all that, yea, something along the lines of swiitch or switch^2 or switch power or whatever.

but if there's some new aspect to it, then it'll have a name indicating so. no idea what that might be.

i just want them to make the joycons or whatever they come up with more reliable.

The new Switch will be the Power Switch

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone pick up Rune Factory 3?

I did! Used up the last of my gold coins. I'm debating if I want to play 5 or 3. I got 4 on the switch, too. What's up?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I really enjoyed RF4 on 3ds and switch and bought RF5 but it was steaming garbage. Hoping RF3 is good but I'll probably wait for a sale.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Meowywitch posted:

Sorry buddy that isn't dumb enough to be a Nintendo Console Name

What about

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kyoujin posted:

I really enjoyed RF4 on 3ds and switch and bought RF5 but it was steaming garbage. Hoping RF3 is good but I'll probably wait for a sale.

Haven't played 4 yet, but I played 2 and 3 on DS. Had a great time with 3 in particular.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Steve Yun posted:

What about

Yeah there's no way, if "Switch" is part of the name, that it isn't SwIItch

The only question is what will the official pronunciation be? (Switch 2. Don't overthink this.)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Pronounced swtwotch

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The new gimmick is just more power so it'll be called the Nintendo Power

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Zweitch

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

maybealabia posted:

The new gimmick is just more power so it'll be called the Nintendo Power

Power Switch

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it will be called the swiltch

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The new system will be so great it will be magical

The Nintendo's Witch

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
The Switcher

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
The Switch From Mercury

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Steve Yun posted:

Pronounced swtwotch

This is my favourite.

"swu-tootch". Nice.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Guess people are giving up on switch pro rumors huh

until now I'd been assuming "Switch Pro" was synonymous with "Switch 2" in this thread and just meant 'the next big Nintendo console' so I probably misunderstood a bunch of posts

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Maybe they'll go with the dual screen thing, but instead of top/bottom like the DS there will be a screen on the front and on the back of the console.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm going to bet Metroid Prime 4 will be a launch game for the Super Switch while also being the last big Nintendo game for the Switch.

Just like BOTW for the Switch and Wii U or Twilight Princess for Wii and GameCube.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
We haven't had a console that generates smells

Nintendo Smellovision

Launching with Yoshi haha just joking haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

OhFunny posted:

I'm going to bet Metroid Prime 4 will be a launch game for the Super Switch while also being the last big Nintendo game for the Switch.

Just like BOTW for the Switch and Wii U or Twilight Princess for Wii and GameCube.

I still hope it's a vr capable system and Metroid is the thriller app