Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/4t3JgDQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Bus Ted

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
jonelle monae was amazing

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

christ almighty how is Russell Mael 74 years old and still singing this song the way he did when it came out fifty years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DShvZ1YGBc

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

lol reminds me of this dude who took a mall cop job in minneapolis and did a journal about it like he was in fallujah
https://twitter.com/daviss/status/1652032086331604992?s=20

during the 2020 protests in DC I was kept up all night two nights in a row by military helicopters hovering over my street and I didn't go bawling to the internet like I lived through the loving firebombing of Dresden, I got up in the morning and went grocery shopping. and I'm a pathologically nonviolent trans woman who has never even touched a gun in my life. what the hell is wrong with these rightwing ninnies

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

during the 2020 protests in DC I was kept up all night two nights in a row by military helicopters hovering over my street and I didn't go bawling to the internet like I lived through the loving firebombing of Dresden, I got up in the morning and went grocery shopping. and I'm a pathologically nonviolent trans woman who has never even touched a gun in my life. what the hell is wrong with these rightwing ninnies

obamna

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

stress-test my seasoned combat chassis lmfaaoooo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

poor guy had to see graffiti, oh my stars and garters, I hope he didn't have to go to the hospital

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

going kinetic at the mall of america imax

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

woop woop

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

the beehive is a good place for ü know wút

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Consummate Professional posted:

the beehive is a good place for ü know wút

misbeehiving

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

petit choux posted:

The placement of those mirrors, a side view of myself pissing. Just what I always wanted.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

tacodaemon posted:

-Top Tier Crazy-

I'm the tiny satan-worshiping dragon kings.

More seriously this type of crazy is always more fascinating than the generic coverup for bigotry that tends to come with conspiracy nutters as reading through it it seems more like someone whose brain just broke and couldn't handle that the world is chaotic.

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
witching hour

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the great Trump

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lpzie posted:

the great Trumpkin

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I believe

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Posting at the quaalude rohrer number

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tacodaemon posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republicans-try-find-new-term-life-stave-electoral-losses-rcna103924

WASHINGTON — Republican strategists are exploring a shift away from “pro-life” messaging on abortion after consistent Election Day losses for the GOP when reproductive rights were on the ballot.

At a closed-door meeting of Senate Republicans this week, the head of a super PAC closely aligned with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., presented poll results that suggested voters are reacting differently to commonly used terms like “pro-life” and “pro-choice” in the wake of last year’s Supreme Court decision that overturned Roe v. Wade, said several senators who were in the room.

The polling, which NBC News has not independently reviewed, was made available to senators Wednesday by former McConnell aide Steven Law and showed that “pro-life” no longer resonated with voters.

“What intrigued me the most about the results was that ‘pro-choice’ and ‘pro-life’ means something different now, that people see being pro-life as being against all abortions ... at all levels,” Sen. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., said in an interview Thursday.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., said the polling made it clear to him that more specificity is needed in talking about abortion.

“Many voters think [‘pro-life’] means you’re for no exceptions in favor of abortion ever, ever, and ‘pro-choice’ now can mean any number of things. So the conversation was mostly oriented around how voters think of those labels, that they’ve shifted. So if you’re going to talk about the issue, you need to be specific,” Hawley said Thursday.

“You can’t assume that everybody knows what it means,” he added. “They probably don’t.”

Abortion is now banned in 14 states, and several others have pursued restrictions. Eleven states, including Missouri, have enacted abortion bans with no exceptions for rape and incest.

Sen. Todd Young, R-Ind., summarized Wednesday’s meeting as being focused on “pro-baby policies.”

Asked whether senators were encouraged to use a term other than “pro-life,” Young said his “pro-baby” descriptor “was just a term of my creation to demonstrate my concern for babies.”

Senators who attended Law’s presentation said he encouraged Republicans to be as specific as possible when they describe their positions on abortion, highlighting findings that he said could have a negative impact on elections. Many senators in attendance represent states where Republican-led legislatures are pursuing abortion restrictions.

“People require more in-depth discussions; you can’t get away with a label anymore,” said Sen. Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyo. “What we’ve learned is you have to dive in and talk to people about very specifically where you are on that subject if you’re running for public office.”

Senators in the room stressed that the meeting was more conversational and not a political strategy session, emphasizing that Law, the head of the Senate Leadership Fund super PAC, was not trying to persuade any lawmakers about their own messaging.

“I think it was purely informational depending on what state you’re from, because it’s different every state,” said Sen. Mike Braun, R-Ind.

The Senate Leadership Fund did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A national strategist who worked on Senate races last year said: “The issue of abortion was problematic for Republicans last cycle, so it’s no surprise [the Senate Leadership Fund] is polling public perception of the issue. It’s the smart thing to do.”

The National Republican Senatorial Committee, the campaign arm of Senate Republicans, “is encouraging Republicans to clearly state their opposition to a national abortion ban and support for reasonable limits on late-term abortions when babies can feel pain with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother,” a source familiar with the organization’s strategy said.

The NRSC, the source said, is “encouraging candidates to contrast that position with Democrats’ support for taxpayer-funded abortion without limits.”

Christina Reynolds, a spokesperson for Emily’s List, an organization that promotes female candidates who support abortion rights, said Republicans’ shift in messaging is “underestimating” voters’ understanding of the issue, adding that “wrapping it up nicely” would not change voters’ minds about abortion.

“I think their messaging was not the problem. Their position is the problem, and they’re going to be stuck with those positions,” Reynolds said. “At the end of the day, voters are clear in poll after poll and in election results after election results that they believe that people should have the right to make their own health care decisions, that they support abortion rights, that they supported Roe v. Wade.”

An NBC News poll conducted in June found that 61% of all voters said they disapproved of the Supreme Court’s 5-4 Dobbs decision, which left the legality and conditions of abortion up to the states.

Abortion is shaping up to be a potent issue on the presidential campaign trail. At last month’s GOP debate, former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley said her opponents were not being honest with Americans about what would be legislatively feasible when it comes to potential federal restrictions on abortion.

“Can’t we all agree that we are not going to put a woman in jail or give her the death penalty if she gets an abortion? Let’s treat this like the — like a respectful issue that it is and humanize the situation and stop demonizing the situation,” she said.

Asked about potentially abandoning the term the anti-abortion movement has used for decades, a spokesperson for the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List Pro-Life America used the descriptor that is part of the organization’s name and swiped at abortion-rights groups.

“The pro-life movement serves both mother and child. We recognize the need to love and support them both. Today, the pro-abortion side opts to cut women from their communication entirely, choosing instead to speak to ‘pregnant people.’ Now more than ever, the pro-life movement needs to continue emphasizing its commitment to both women and children,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

Cramer, asked what terminology senators should use instead of “pro-life,” said: “I think it’s more of a ‘I’m pro-life, but … .’ Or it’s ‘I care deeply about the mother and the children, and we should always have compassion. But I believe that after 15 weeks where the child can feel pain, they should be protected.’

“Whatever your position is, articulate it; don’t try to fool anybody. That’s where you get in trouble,” he added.

This is the long-form version of that gif where that guy with a Nazi armband is asking some black dude to stop and debate before getting knocked out with a single punch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

reagan reagan

lmao fuckin braindead piece of poo poo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mexi posted:

lmao fuckin braindead piece of poo poo

Turn on your monitor

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

titty_baby_ posted:

Post more.pics of your house

posting bitchell, that’s a sixer.
using the R word, that’s another sixer.
encouraging pfc to post/talk about his house, better believe that’s a sixer

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

PDP-1 posted:

old mummy dude, just hanging dong while talking about how the wheel of time has been put back into balance. flabby old mummy dude rear end everywhere during his big final important speech

10/10

is he jewish or european

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

wonder what wrecked the jurassic park bus...

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Stupid Boxes posted:

witching hour

Cut is making wonderful progress

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I wonder what it's like to be young in America today.

Oh gently caress, oh no

Lol imagine thinking some online ticket site is where young people are looking for local musical entertainment.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
posting bitchell is allowed
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1700104112266711229

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Good Citizen posted:

lol family court is probably the thing that radicalizes people the fastest. Like flip a coin and if it’s heads the dude goes completely insane

When I won custody, my lawyer, the judge, and basically everyone around me couldn't understand why I wanted to make child support reasonable instead of ruining my ex-wife's life with payments that would leave her unable to afford her own bills.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Sherbert Hoover posted:

When I won custody, my lawyer, the judge, and basically everyone around me couldn't understand why I wanted to make child support reasonable instead of ruining my ex-wife's life with payments that would leave her unable to afford her own bills.

Makes more work for lawyers and judges fighting you, everybody wins (except the child)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux posted:

everybody wins (except the child)

This applies equally to a lot of things in America now

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

chesebro

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol imagine thinking some online ticket site is where young people are looking for local musical entertainment.

boomers love the internet. it’s all that is real to them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
gently caress you its fridya