Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

500excf type r posted:

if there is a god, please send this hurricane in a trick shot into the long island sound to make land fall in groton amen

Submarines are supposed to be underwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the sun shamans say today may well be the last 100+ day of the year. we shall see. if they are wrong they shall be EXECUTED.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i think cape cod or nova scotia are more likely

I wish a very merry hurricane season to all whites-only beach towns on the east coast 🥰

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Soap Scum posted:

I wish a very merry hurricane season to all whites-only beach towns on the east coast 🥰

There's Irish people too

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I yearn for a cone

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

500excf type r posted:

There's Irish people too

hm okay I take it back

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

i say swears online posted:

my dad just texted me and said "hey did i ever tell you about my cousin who was the only person to ever get blown off the mackinac bridge? her yugo was too light"

and yep, it's true

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/01/07/car-swept-off-mackinac-bridge/2502721002

drat they make sure to blame her for speeding

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
what two models are showing 200+ mph winds for Lee? :stare:

https://twitter.com/us_stormwatch/status/1699927007696765260

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yea this one. But honestly at this point the only people that should give a gently caress are those in the shipping or cruise industries. This thing is thousands of miles from land.

http://www.shiptraffic.net/2001/04/north-atlantic-ocean-ship-traffic.html

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It's going to be really difficult for Lee to hit anything other than far eastern Maine but more likely southeast Canada. The trough over the eastern US has been very consistently forecast and don't see any reason it won't be there given the flow pattern we're in already.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SirPablo posted:

It's going to be really difficult for Lee to hit anything other than far eastern Maine but more likely southeast Canada. The trough over the eastern US has been very consistently forecast and don't see any reason it won't be there given the flow pattern we're in already.

Wrong it's gonna hit 700 millibars and wipe the mid-atlantic off the map and then I won't have to go to work

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hurricane bruce lee is going to wipe out utah

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

PostNouveau posted:

Wrong it's gonna hit 700 millibars and wipe the mid-atlantic off the map and then I won't have to go to work

:blessed:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Now you’ve jinxed it! :mad:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9NMamsA-4U

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Real hurthling! posted:

i think cape cod or nova scotia are more likely

C'mon Martha's Vineyard!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Tbf Halifax is cursed to suffer an absolute catastrophe every generation. Look up "Halifax Explosion" and then get ready to read about two separate incredible disasters.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Zeroisanumber posted:

Tbf Halifax is cursed to suffer an absolute catastrophe every generation. Look up "Halifax Explosion" and then get ready to read about two separate incredible disasters.

oh my god the ships collided at 1 mile per hour and that caused the largest explosion in human history*

*manmade explosion, largest at the time of the explosion, obviously we've crushed this record since

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

celadon posted:

oh my god the ships collided at 1 mile per hour and that caused the largest explosion in human history*

*manmade explosion, largest at the time of the explosion, obviously we've crushed this record since

Boston mobilized so much support so quickly that the Province of Nova Scotia still sends the city a Christmas tree every year.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

flooding is perfectly natural and normal obviously. it's normal for three different places across the planet in different hemispheres to be under 30 meters of water. this has nothing to do with climate change. it's called weather

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
Phoenix is supposed to burn to ashes and then be rebuilt, it's cyclical

Vesi has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Sep 8, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
May Lee gain in strength and go straight up the gulf into Houston, move east into Tampa, and then destroy Savanah, Charleston, and especially Myrtle Beach.

Also Boston. gently caress Boston. Amen.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 06:22 on Sep 8, 2023

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Vesi posted:

Phoenix is supposed to burn to ashes and then be rebuilt, it's cyclical

lol

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

SirPablo posted:

I read something from a “weather enthusiast” on twitter last night that Lee might get so strong it plows through and changes the trough. does that make any sense at all

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah it's like when two dbz guys are shooting beams directly at each other and one eventually wins out

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

May Lee gain in strength and go straight up the gulf into Houston, move east into Tampa, and then destroy Savanah, Charleston, and especially Myrtle Beach.

Also Boston. gently caress Boston. Amen.

Hey! I live in Boston
yeah Boston should be erased and turned into a marsh

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I just looked at the track forecast models for Lee, most show it staying off the coast but one forecasts a direct hit on NYC 😬

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

One model member must always have a blood lust bias, it keeps the others in check

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Spaced God posted:

One model member must always have a blood lust bias, it keeps the others in check

everybody's got that one family member

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Petey posted:

I read something from a “weather enthusiast” on twitter last night that Lee might get so strong it plows through and changes the trough. does that make any sense at all

Why not? It might get so strong anything could happen. It might get so strong it reverses the earth's orbit and we go back in time

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Boston Lee Party

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Lee Cat Five Now Wow

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Cat 7 then Boston

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
hypercane

HYPERCANE

H̵̫̟͌ ̴͈̀͠͠Ỹ̴̛͚̟̈́͌ ̸̢̀̓͘͝P̶̳̪͐ ̷͎̤̗̳̌E̸̹͐͝ ̸̢̩͚͙͌̔͌̿Ŗ̸͕͇͖̑̍̚ ̷̛̝͓̖̎͗̓C̷̤̹̓̿̕ ̸̦̱̏̋̂A̵̙͐ ̶̘͑̌͐̾N̵̲̝̻̖͋ ̸̫͐͒̋͝Ę̸̫̪̬̏̈́

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smoobles posted:

Cat 7 then Boston

dropkick murphys - i'm upping ships to boston

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

smoobles posted:

Cat 7 then Seattle

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

titty_baby_ posted:

Why not? It might get so strong anything could happen. It might get so strong it reverses the earth's orbit and we go back in time

What no thats stupid. A storm on the earth cannot ever become so strong that it can overcome the sun pull on the earth.

Now reversing the earth rotation direction is not out of the question if this storm gets stronger...

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Lee is going to suck up the east coast into a stable orbit around the Earth

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mola Yam posted:

hypercane

HYPERCANE

H̵̫̟͌ ̴͈̀͠͠Ỹ̴̛͚̟̈́͌ ̸̢̀̓͘͝P̶̳̪͐ ̷͎̤̗̳̌E̸̹͐͝ ̸̢̩͚͙͌̔͌̿Ŗ̸͕͇͖̑̍̚ ̷̛̝͓̖̎͗̓C̷̤̹̓̿̕ ̸̦̱̏̋̂A̵̙͐ ̶̘͑̌͐̾N̵̲̝̻̖͋ ̸̫͐͒̋͝Ę̸̫̪̬̏̈́

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_from_Nowhere

dunno if anyones read this book by jg ballard but its kinda a fun read and weather related

basically a westwardly wind starts up at a few miles an hour across the whole globe and gets steadily stronger each day, day after day. soon people cant drive, soon rivers are picked up into the air, etc. and the main characters are trying to figure out how to get to what, if anything, would be safety