Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chicken Butt posted:

Rae Stern is very much still alive, though under 24-hour private nursing care. Howard provides regular updates -- in her voice, through his trusty megaphone, of course. E.g.: "My son, my son. My life is such suffering. There was a leak in the hallway yesterday. What kind of place is this? You're paying top dollar, and there are leaks?"

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

parthenocarpy posted:

God drat the Gary pitch is so great. I forgot Jimmy Kimmel had gary recreate the pitch three times, hitting a woman in the audience right on the forehead. Then Kimmel gets Robin on the show. With high heels, she nails the pitch, because of course she gets the chance to outdo Gary.

I think I remember that the woman in the audience died? Unrelated probably

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

Unrelated probably
This is a bold claim

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Is “The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll” too obscure to use for a parody song about this terrible sequence of events?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did Ben and Rey get divorced ?

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN STEVE LANGFORD

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mexican Radio posted:

I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN STEVE LANGFORD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMZIg0btqMU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Are they replaying the 9/11 show?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Are they replaying the 9/11 show?

No but Demi Lovato is in the studio for an interview arm chair psychologist session.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Sand Monster posted:

No but Demi Lovato is in the studio for an interview arm chair psychologist session.

Her terrible ordeal when she had to deal with viewing sugar-free frozen yogurt is a tragedy akin to 9/11 anyway

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Sand Monster posted:

Pre-Evolved Howard: "How about anal? Is that on the table?"

Evolved Howard: "You crave the love that your mother denied you, don't you? You really just want someone to take care of you."*

*because everyone has the exact same core psychological story as Howard

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Listened to some of the 9/11 broadcast the other day and it's pretty wild listening to poo poo unfold in real time through the show's lens. So much false information flying around like a third plane hitting the WTC and bombs in the capitol building

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Chicken Butt posted:

Pre-Evolved Howard: "How about anal? Is that on the table?"

Evolved Howard: "You crave the love that your mother denied you, don't you? You really just want someone to take care of you."*

*because everyone has the exact same core psychological story as Howard
I love anal

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I love teen anal, boff

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Seamless username/post combo

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Listened to some of the 9/11 broadcast the other day and it's pretty wild listening to poo poo unfold in real time through the show's lens. So much false information flying around like a third plane hitting the WTC and bombs in the capitol building

I remember that night logging on to an IRC channel for Something Awful and it was chaos. Tons of "my friend saw" and "I heard", some of it intentionally trolling and some of it people genuinely scared. That day was such chaos that every city had a "suspected car bomb" somewhere. Crazy times.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Personally, remembering all of this just makes me want to go bowling.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Chicken Butt posted:

Personally, remembering all of this just makes me want to go bowling.

Or looting.

Lifespan posted:

I remember that night logging on to an IRC channel for Something Awful and it was chaos. Tons of "my friend saw" and "I heard", some of it intentionally trolling and some of it people genuinely scared. That day was such chaos that every city had a "suspected car bomb" somewhere. Crazy times.

Omg I did the same exact thing (different IRC channel though), it really was wild. I remember one guy making lame jokes until the second plane hit and then he apologized and was appropriately freaked out.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 13, 2023

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've probably mentioned it before but my wife and I watched 9/11 in the same room at the Safari Inn in Burbank as Patricia Arquette & Christian Slater run out of, after fighting a pre-Sopranos James Gandolfini in "True Romance". I didn't realize until a year or two later on a rewatch. The room in reality is much smaller than is portrayed in the movie.
That motel is also filmed as the motel where the astronauts stayed before going on Apollo 13 despite not even being in Florida. Movies, huh? Fake as hell.

Then we tried to rent an apartment on 9/12/2001 and the 2 story building in Toluca Lake we went to go look at was closed because clearly they were the next in line for Al Qaeda. We still lol at that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Not one buyback

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Douche

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

King of All M...agazine covers

https://www.danspapers.com/2023/09/howard-stern-2023-dans-cover-interview/

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How is he 500x better at painting than he was at photography? Or for that matter, 500000x better than he is at Photoshop?

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

beep by grandpa posted:

Not one buyback

You’re a seven year intern and all you’re doing is tending bar. gently caress you.

E: And you take that credit and you wear it like a badge of loving honor.

The Robins Taley fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 15, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hey Gorilla must have gotten a couple bucks for doing that bad Vice shock jock documentary.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That Vice documentary has such a funny dynamic to me, but I don't know quite how to describe it. I guess in normal "documentaries" the commentators are equals to the subject or have some other interesting relationship that justifies their reason for being recorded.

For the Vice show, it's a bunch of people who are only known because they had a relationship with Howard at some point in the past, almost all hosed up their own lives through no fault of Howard, and they're now sitting there grousing while the documentary subject is sitting in a mansion in Florida with millions in the bank.

gently caress doing a show about Howard; the really interesting documentary would be about how all these fuckups and retards failed to capitalize on being part of one of the biggest entertainment programs in the world for years and are still bitter about it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kylej posted:

all these fuckups and retards

Not to be language police, but do we really need to do this?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
the forums have evolved, robin

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He was out of his mind back then.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Hi, this is kylej. Yesterday I said a few comments that offended a few people. Unfortunately, I didn't represent myself properly on how I wanted to explain myself.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Fuckups and conquerors.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Where do you think I work, an accounting firm?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
What I meant to say was that, generally, people from the Stern show are unsuccessful in their life's endeavors. It doesn't matter if you are unintelligent, slow, commonly fail at goals, or Italian...

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Sir, this is the Howard Stern thread. Howard built his million dollar house on the backs of those retards.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, I get that, I really do. What was it, like only ten years ago that Gary was renamed "the conquerer"? It's a relatively new sort of change I guess.

I'm just saying :shrug:

At the same time, I'm continually thinking up show references about this.

There should be a zero point zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

At least you didn't call me that 300 times while I'm trying to work. 300 times?! Do you want me to call you that 300 times?

Now I'm picturing a Ronnie voice clip, spelling it out loud.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjPBi4NXJI&t=114s

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Yeah, I get that, I really do. What was it, like only ten years ago that Gary was renamed "the conquerer"? It's a relatively new sort of change I guess.

I'm just saying :shrug:

At the same time, I'm continually thinking up show references about this.

There should be a zero point zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

At least you didn't call me that 300 times while I'm trying to work. 300 times?! Do you want me to call you that 300 times?

Now I'm picturing a Ronnie voice clip, spelling it out loud.

What's he saying, Robin?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What the EFF is going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Remembering the bit where Howard offers Gary the chance to become normal by pushing “the retard button” located inside his rear end in a top hat and Gary loudly refusing