Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Grammar are bullshit anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Grammars is*

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Leave my gramma outta this, she never did no one wrong

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The dude who played Frissier?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
You can tell an interrobang from an exclamation point just as easily as you can tell a period from a comma.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Ima comma over dere and teach yoo one thing or too

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I'm Australian and 38 and have just worked out that John Farnham and Jimmy Barnes are not the same person

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm Australian and 38 and have just worked out that John Farnham and Jimmy Barnes are not the same person

Are you about to realise that Jimmy Barnes was also the lead singer of Cold Chisel too?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inceltown posted:

Are you about to realise that Jimmy Barnes was also the lead singer of Cold Chisel too?

Pretty sure you're referring to noted lyricist "Farnsy"
e: or possibly Barnsy

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Sep 4, 2023

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Tree Bucket posted:

Pretty sure you're referring to noted lyricist "Farnsy"
e: or possibly Barnsy
Mossy...

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm 37. I realised and forgot and realised this about three or four times over the years, though it did stabilise to "different people" about fifteen years ago

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Komojo posted:

I just accidentally discovered that I can move it by swiping left or right on the space bar.

Mother. Fucker.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

credburn posted:

You can tell an interrobang from an exclamation point just as easily as you can tell a period from a comma.
I'm not sure this is the level of scanability we should be aiming for,

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Mother. Fucker.

You can also delete multiple words by swiping back from backspace, and bring up the settings on Gboard by holding down the comma.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hbomberguy is not Australian.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
The fluid simulation tool "EmberGen" is not pronounced like "embiggen" with a stupid accent.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Whenever an early figure if rock/pop dies I always feel surprised that they were still alive and thought they died in the 20th century. But pop/rock music as we know it only started in the 1950s and most of the early pioneers of music were born in the 1930s, so it shouldn’t be surprising that many only passed in the last 10-15 years.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Whenever an early figure if rock/pop dies I always feel surprised that they were still alive and thought they died in the 20th century. But pop/rock music as we know it only started in the 1950s and most of the early pioneers of music were born in the 1930s, so it shouldn’t be surprising that many only passed in the last 10-15 years.

theres also a different kind of thing in there i think, at least for me

like when youre young and become aware of celebrities theyre generally older than you, so theres a period where a lot of the big stars from your childhood suddenly seem to die within "a few years"

then you get a bit older, and the ones who didnt die back then start dying and now youre like wait i thought they died, everyone else did

soon, if you live that long, there will be nobody who was famous when you were a kid

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

otoh the rolling stones are still alive against all odds so

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My brother and I were talking about musicians that will be dead soon and the answer was " a lot"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also like the entire US government lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

They pioneered sucky naff music.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

hawowanlawow posted:

also like the entire US government lol
If you say it out loud it won't come true.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In 10 years anyone who was famous in the 60s will be dead

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Somehow Kissinger returned

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

FreudianSlippers posted:

In 10 years anyone who was famous in the 60s will be dead

There's bound to be a few stragglers; we've still got plenty people famous in the '50s hanging about! Like... uh... Noam Chomsky? And Glynis Johns. And, uh, that old lady from The Archers.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Somehow Kissinger returned

That fucker already looked like an old man 50 years ago, how the hell is he still around?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

1 posted:

That fucker already looked like an old man 50 years ago, how the hell is he still around?

He was never alive in the first place.

Pure anti-life runs through his barren veins.

He will survive us all and our children and our children's children until the heat death of the universe.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's hidden his phylactery well

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I thought Bob Newhart died years ago. On the contrary - he just celebrated his 94th birthday and is by all accounts still going strong.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

Just released a new video too

I thought the stones doing music videos was weird in the 90s, let alone in 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I thought Bob Newhart died years ago. On the contrary - he just celebrated his 94th birthday and is by all accounts still going strong.

I hope Bob Newhart lives to 120 and Henry Kissinger dies tomorrow in a very embarrassing way

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.
Also still alive and happy (though they've barely been on screen this millennium): John Astin (93 now, and who only retired from teaching acting at John Hopkins a couple of years ago) and the Smothers brothers (both in their mid 80s now).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Also alive and still working: Dick Van Dyke

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Phy posted:

Just released a new video too

I thought the stones doing music videos was weird in the 90s, let alone in 2023

Should get them to play Cohen and the Horde in an actually good discworld live action.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Also alive and still working: Dick Van Dyke

Here's something I just realized/found out: a Van Dyke beard is named for a Flemish painter, not Dick Van Dyke, who doesn't seem to be strongly associated with a beard style after all... as far as I can tell? Not sure where I got that idea.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
There are surprisingly few well known rock groups where all the original members are dead. The last man standing from Buddy Holly and the Crickets only went in 2022.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

rollick posted:

There are surprisingly few well known rock groups where all the original members are dead. The last man standing from Buddy Holly and the Crickets only went in 2022.

This is a dark trivia hole youve got me thinking through now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Right now only about 1/3rd of boomers have died so it makes sense that bands that became popular in the late 60s-70s still have living members.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

rollick posted:

Meanwhile all the original Ramones died 1-2 decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

Meanwhile all the original Ramones died 1-2 decades ago.

Looking it up, they all died relatively young from different causes, three of them by cancer. A lovely run of luck.