Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Imagine having your flag hid for fighting Nazis in tyol 2023.

Makes me glad that ponytailed cryptofacist tried to publish his Azov book back when it was still cool to hate Nazis

:snipe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

I guess gaffe is the right word for this, but in a way it's also a flex. Not only did he not suffer any criminal or professional consequences for it but much of the country has forgiven him now. Including and especially Democrats.

Americans love war and genocide, what is he guilty of that requires forgiveness?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Orange Devil posted:

Should've bitten his throat out imo

sadly i probably wouldve been perforated with a million bullets before reaching him he had a bunch of armed saudi guards around him.

also on top of that id have been labelled an alqaeda terrorist or something, so in the geand scheme of things it just wasnt worth it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm sure it's been posted a million times but that clip of Zyuganov and Putin is fascinating:

https://twitter.com/boris_molotov/status/1699468914466464015?s=20

People mock it but what does it say that the Communist Party leader gets a seat at the table of power like this? What does it say when Russia's response to international sanctions has been nationalizations and autarky while Ukraine's response has been to let western capital plunder and colonize it? My view on the conflict has done a 180 since it began and I have learned more, there's no respectable argument against Russia being the more progressive side in this conflict and they deserve to win.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
that guy red af

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

pink rear end pinko

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Orange Devil posted:

You realize you got legit serious issues dating back to far before your brain damage right? Saying this from a place of love.

I don't know about all that, I just think for a variety of childhood reasons (ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND) I turned out to be good at soldiering and school, and since those are the only two fields I've worked in, it's worked out professionally.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Mykraine

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fizzy posted:

Ominous news for this thread - There is one regular poster in this thread who is known to be religious and has recently expressed the ambition of winning military honors.

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wekraine

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1700135684323881181?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yea see the good guys of history don't talk like that, it's always some weird loving lib who says stuff like that, usually while committing some unspeakable crime

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao did the CIA and NSA really turn over the backdoors to these clowns

there’s been videos of drones recovering radios from casualties, so there’s definitely some key extraction taking place

recently some hackers published a report on how they were able to crack a common radio encryption protocol with a 90s era laptop :nsallears:

https://twitter.com/0xabad1dea/status/1689951698410708992

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fizzy posted:

Ominous news for this thread - There is one regular poster in this thread who is known to be religious and has recently expressed the ambition of winning military honors.

What's the worst that could happen?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

oh poo poo, your country is good and moral and correct? that's wild man, that's neato

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Red is the color of communism fyi

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

What's the worst that could happen?

you know, this is the kinda thing you really don't want to hear from somebody who's in service to the british monarch

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i consider myself fairly religious but i would much rather sit on my rear end and game than win any honors or die in a war.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Al-Saqr posted:

i consider myself fairly religious but i would much rather sit on my rear end and game than win any honors or die in a war.

even the class war? Revolutions need martyrs and soldiers, if you can't see yourself sacrificing yourself for something greater than yourself, dunno how committed to a better world you really are (not you specifically Al-Saqr, just anyone making this argument in general)?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

why would they not show the flag of belarus

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

I didn’t notice this before, but did he say “..Iraq too” at the end ?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

He’s right that Ukraine is a choice, once the US decides to change its mind it will disappear.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

he's not wrong

anyone that actually looks into the geopolitical history that led us here and then sides with NATO anyway is a monster

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ardent Communist posted:

even the class war? Revolutions need martyrs and soldiers, if you can't see yourself sacrificing yourself for something greater than yourself, dunno how committed to a better world you really are (not you specifically Al-Saqr, just anyone making this argument in general)?

lol wake me up when that happens for now im sniffing my own farts and playing warhammer until then.

also im a massive shitbaby coward trust me yoh dont want me in the revolution.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

also im a massive shitbaby coward trust me yoh dont want me in the revolution.
you can be a cook or a seamstress in the revolution, not everyone needs to be a soldier but everyone's welcome

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

he's not wrong

anyone that actually looks into the geopolitical history that led us here and then sides with NATO anyway is a monster

Stop treating the NATO excuse like it is anything real. NATO has been on Russia's border since its founding (Norway). Russia now has a vastly longer border with NATO than they did at the start of the war, and all they have done is continue to drain military resources from that border to use them in Ukraine. Russia is not afraid of NATO being on their border. What caused the war is that they view Ukraine as the natural slave of Russia, and they want to punish disobedience and exploit them as a colony, just like most of the rest of Russia outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg.

And for people still clinging to the NATO idea: if that was Russia's issue, then it was solved after 2014, because NATO was not going to let in a country at war with and occupied by Russia. Yet that did not stop them from full scale invasion. Russia has not been subtle about this people, Putin made a big speech about how they couldn't let Ukraine escape their grasp, oh I'm sorry 'slavic brotherhood and history', their propagandists have filled the airways with how Ukraine and the idea of Ukraine must be erased. It's not NATO. It was never NATO.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Officer Sandvich posted:

Stop treating the NATO excuse like it is anything real. NATO has been on Russia's border since its founding (Norway). Russia now has a vastly longer border with NATO than they did at the start of the war, and all they have done is continue to drain military resources from that border to use them in Ukraine. Russia is not afraid of NATO being on their border. What caused the war is that they view Ukraine as the natural slave of Russia, and they want to punish disobedience and exploit them as a colony, just like most of the rest of Russia outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg.

And for people still clinging to the NATO idea: if that was Russia's issue, then it was solved after 2014, because NATO was not going to let in a country at war with and occupied by Russia. Yet that did not stop them from full scale invasion. Russia has not been subtle about this people, Putin made a big speech about how they couldn't let Ukraine escape their grasp, oh I'm sorry 'slavic brotherhood and history', their propagandists have filled the airways with how Ukraine and the idea of Ukraine must be erased. It's not NATO. It was never NATO.

not sure what NATO being an 'excuse' for Russia has got to do with anything?

NATO is itself evil. Before this war it was evil. It will continue to be an evil destabalising force after the war. It is the military arm of the neoliberal religion currently seeking to conquer the entire globe so that all may know the unquestionable power of market.

Whether or not Russia merely used the dark forces on their border as an excuse is neither here nor there.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
hanging around outside the warhammer shop with a truncheon, waiting for some hapless fool to wander too close to the panera bread. hope they like freehanding insignia because i got a lot of helmets that need painting

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Officer Sandvich posted:

That's right, they must be American slaves instead.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Officer Sandvich posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Blackrock shall not be denied.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

Blackrock shall not be denied.
reading this in war2 grunt voice

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Officer Sandvich posted:

One would think that even an especially stupid liberal would be able to just look at a map, and understand why "having NATO on the border" with Ukraine is not exactly comparable with "having NATO on the border" with Norway.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Syq?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pomeroy posted:

One would think that even an especially stupid liberal would be able to just look at a map, and understand why "having NATO on the border" with Ukraine is not exactly comparable with "having NATO on the border" with Norway.

You didn't do poo poo when we put bases to your north, west and east, but now that we go south it's a problem? curious!

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

e;nvm

Jon Pod Van Damm has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Sep 8, 2023

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Officer Sandvich posted:

thanks for keeping up the fight against the tankies

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Pomeroy posted:

NATO is not the threat; they are instead the freedom Ukraine seeks, and that Russia seeks to deny them. Now of course the "realists" love that, because they indeed think that Ukraine (and much of eastern europe) is rightfully the possession of Russia. But I would hope that anyone posting on Something Awful would not deny the right of countries to choose their own friendships.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I love whenever someone just declares that it wasn't nato, like its simply inconceivable that nato could do anything to antagonize its primary enemy

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Officer Sandvich posted:

NATO is not the threat; they are instead the freedom Ukraine seeks, and that Russia seeks to deny them. Now of course the "realists" love that, because they indeed think that Ukraine (and much of eastern europe) is rightfully the possession of Russia. But I would hope that anyone posting on Something Awful would not deny the right of countries to choose their own friendships.

I deny the right of any country to even exist, let alone anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol at the realists faction, I hope that takes off