Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Warbird posted:

Oh hey, the only good Star Trek property in nearly 30 years is back. Hell yeah.

Do they dump all the episodes at once or do them weekly? Can’t remember. I’m not reactivating Paramount unless I can binge LD and cancel immediately, it’s a garbage service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Paramount does weekly episodes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently the recasting of Prismo in Fionna & Cake was due to agent shenanigans. Kumail says he was never asked and Adam Muto says they hit up his agent and never heard back.

That sucks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although an unsurprising recast is Lemongrab.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Paramount does weekly episodes.

Well turns out this poo poo rear end service survived my streaming sub purge (must be tied to my apple account) and they’re running three unskippable ads before the show? What the gently caress

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
It's called money. Mad cash. A spree.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Warbird posted:

Oh hey, the only good Star Trek property in nearly 30 years is back. Hell yeah.

Don't sleep on the lower decks crossover with SNW, which was quality

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I really like Fionna and Cake. I also watched all the Distant Lands stuff, and Adventure Time media just flies by. I had to check if one of the episodes of Fionna and Cake was only 11 minutes because it felt like it was super short.

Whereas stuff like the recent Futurama fully feels its 22 minutes.

Also I could watch hours of Choose Goose just going around and saying stuff.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

First two eps of Lower Decks were good. Going back for a second watch and seeing that the umbrella panel was upside down the entire time was pretty cool.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like that the characters are moving on a little in Lower Decks, and Mariner isn't being allowed to backslide and remain static.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I like that the characters are moving on a little in Lower Decks, and Mariner isn't being allowed to backslide and remain static.

And also that Jack's not a perma-jerk and may actually, in his own meathead way, be the best officer on the Cerritos.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Although an unsurprising recast is Lemongrab.

Wonder if it's the same voice actor who's going to do Rick & Morty.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i am a moron posted:

Well turns out this poo poo rear end service survived my streaming sub purge (must be tied to my apple account) and they’re running three unskippable ads before the show? What the gently caress

Paramount is somehow the worst streaming service. They try as hard as possible to make the experience suck.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Paramount+ has ads? :raise: I don't have ads.

I'm subscribed through Prime Video which uses its own player, maybe that's why. Or possibly they don't do it in the UK for whatever reason.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Bula Vinaka posted:

Wonder if it's the same voice actor who's going to do Rick & Morty.

imagine the reaction to a nonbinary drag queen that guest starred on Steven Universe being the new voice of Rick and Morty

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Okay, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. Inside Job's a good show, this 007 episode is particularly really good.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Okay, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. Inside Job's a good show, this 007 episode is particularly really good.

Yeah I put it off for a long time and I regret that, show got a few real laughs out of me

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Can I just say that I absolutely love the revelation in the msot recent Fionna and Cake episode that Fionna and Cake's universe not only 100% exists and is not just a fntasy of the Ice King's, but was created by Prismo because he wanted to just make something that was wholly and originally his, and he didn't realize until he was halfway done he was just creating a gender-swapped version of Finn and Jake. The entire scene where Prismo realizes this and just goes "Eh, I'll just lean into it" is golden.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’ve read that like 4 times and it makes less sense every time I do so.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It makes perfect sense to me :confused:

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i'm mid adventure time season 6 and things are getting pretty crazy. just watched pyjama wars, evergreen and astral plane.

i can't believe i've still got like 100 episodes to go. how did they make so much of this and are kind of still going.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

That show's cancellation is what got me to kill my netflix subscription.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

roomtone posted:

i'm mid adventure time season 6 and things are getting pretty crazy. just watched pyjama wars, evergreen and astral plane.

i can't believe i've still got like 100 episodes to go. how did they make so much of this and are kind of still going.

They needed a lot of setup to pull on your heartstrings later. Also, Bacon Pancakes is a bop.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

roomtone posted:

Its got a sort of unique feeling of a world that can just keep on expanding and never run out of material. By the end they've established multiple different time periods they could tell stories in, lots of new places that look interesting and could sustain their own series (like Wizard City) and a huge cast that is super fun to hang out with, although some are only good in small doses.

The show also seems like its divided into two distinct periods, the Pendleton Ward period which was more goofy comedy, and the Adam Muto period, where the lore expanded and things got darker as characters aged. Or maybe it always would have ended up like it did but they couldn't do the really weird stuff when Finn and the audience were too young.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

When does Harley Quinn get good? I'm like 9 episodes in and it's leaving me cold, do I have to hang on until a later season or is it just not for me?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Strange Cares posted:

When does Harley Quinn get good? I'm like 9 episodes in and it's leaving me cold, do I have to hang on until a later season or is it just not for me?

Has she assembled her crew yet? It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember that once Ron Funchess's King Shark, Tony Hale's Psycho-Man, and Alan Tudyk's Clayface become regulars they really help break up the flimsy wishy-washy Harley-Joker overall plot.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Hazo posted:

Has she assembled her crew yet? It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember that once Ron Funchess's King Shark, Tony Hale's Psycho-Man, and Alan Tudyk's Clayface become regulars they really help break up the flimsy wishy-washy Harley-Joker overall plot.

Yeah that was a while ago, she just joined the legion of doom.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Strange Cares posted:

Yeah that was a while ago, she just joined the legion of doom.

Yeah. If you don't like it by mid way through season 1, you won't like it. In fact, second half of season 1 and season 2 are the high points. If you're not already on board, you won't be.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah seems like it might not be your style of humor. I think the next big arc involves meeting Sy Borgman and setting up their not-Legion-of-Doom base in his abandoned mall, and Harley's relationship with Ivy.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 11, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neito posted:

And also that Jack's not a perma-jerk and may actually, in his own meathead way, be the best officer on the Cerritos.

Yeah Commander Jack Ransom is an excellent mentor and exactly the kind of support Mariner needs to confront some of her own issues and grow as a person, it's been a great direction to take both characters.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah. If you don't like it by mid way through season 1, you won't like it. In fact, second half of season 1 and season 2 are the high points. If you're not already on board, you won't be.

Hazo posted:

Yeah seems like it might not be your style of humor. I think the next big arc involves meeting Sy Borgman and setting up their not-Legion-of-Doom base in his abandoned mall, and Harley's relationship with Ivy.

Yeah I think I'm gonna get off the train, then. Thanks!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm sure it won't happen, but it would be incredible if Ransom keeps those gigantic chompers.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

If it’s not clicking fit you at that point it’s not going to. Are you at least willing to die for Kite Man?

E: oh there were more posts. Whoops.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Warbird posted:

If it’s not clicking fit you at that point it’s not going to. Are you at least willing to die for Kite Man?

E: oh there were more posts. Whoops.

I'll admit, Kite Man did find a special place in my heart

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Strange Cares posted:

I'll admit, Kite Man did find a special place in my heart

:hellyeah:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

roomtone posted:

God I love those episodes so much. There’s so much amazing stuff in season 6, gently caress. The three episodes Jesse Moynihan boarded solo are phenomenal.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Oh poo poo a Kite Man spinoff?! Yes!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/harley-quinn-spinoff-kite-man-noonans-hbo-max-1235242493

For anyone wondering.

“The series will focus on lovable loser Kite Man and his new squeeze, Golden Glider, as they moonlight as criminals to support their foolish purchase of Noonan’s, Gotham’s seediest dive bar.”

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

What the hell? I mean, I really liked Kite Man in Harley Quinn, mainly because of how he played off of the other chatacters and what he represented for Ivy but I never thought "This guy needs his own show."

I'll still give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Heh, it reminds me a lot of when they announced a live action Aladdin spinoff of like the one white guy side character in it