Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Al! posted:

aurora is fish cum

WTF?! Are you spying on me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

Is there a mod manager that's compatible with this game yet? Anybody have setup instructions if so?

vortex on Nexus

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

GreatGreen posted:

Is there a mod manager that's compatible with this game yet? Anybody have setup instructions if so?

there's a beta mo2 version for it but even xedit hasn't been updated.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

Eh, what parts of it are stuck in 2012 apart from the UI? Accessibility options is the only one I can see. The entire complaint since oblivion was bethesda was dumbing down RPG mechanics for le casual audience and didn't deserve their wild success. Goon extraordinaire totalbiscuit defined bethesda for the gamer audience when he called skyrim "wide as an ocean deap as a puddle" and it was mostly borne out in fallout 4 with the voiced protagonist shenanigans and a very forced backstory. Starfield explicitly feels like a course correction to focus on something like morrowind.

If they listened to their marketing department they could just keep contracting out their IPs to other studios to have a flow of content instead of spending years upgrading their engine.

This game is as deep and wide as a puddle but the puddle looks marginally different each time you load

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Al! posted:

you must not have spent much time on neon. aurora is fish cum

I only did the corpo questline, holy poo poo

also

victrix posted:

Al! posted:

aurora is fish cum
title

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

Ooooh. Sorry, you're right. Looked at the product sheet and yeah the 3D is referring to how the processor is layed out, not for graphics. I got it confused with their -G products.

So yeah the 5800X3D is cool and good, maybe get that.

Hello what is your avatar from.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
why did all the dinosaurs go extinct? because of 1 guy with a shotgun and a jet pack

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JerikTelorian posted:

Aside from the somewhat railroaded intro you can be a space trucker. There are missions to move goods and people around the universe. You can even get a space trucker ballcap.

Yeah this is probably my biggest disappointment so far. I thought one of the benefits of the NG+ would be that I could try a new build without having to claw my way up from level 1. It would have been awesome to load NG+ and already be a skilled Ryujin Ninja with high stealth and security and Sniping.

I'm sure there will be a mod for it though.

yep

like there are multiple traits that have unique dialogue but also conflict with one another so you can only choose one, asking a player to start from scratch to actually see all that is bonkers for a game with a ng+ that repeats indefinitely. especially since you assume your role in each new universe after that universe's you dies, so who is to say that that universe's you would even have the same traits as the real you in the first place? maybe the you in the previous universe was a freestar settler but the you in the new one is a uc colonist. like, there, i just gave them a canonical in-game reason to let you change traits, i thought about this part of the game more than bethesda apparently did.

it's a good example of why this game frustrates me even as i really like a lot of it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

fish cum is the new spice

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I think I'd feel better about the oblivion style conversation cam if the characters looked away once in a while. It's the staring with little to no blinking that gets me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well, I feel like a real piece of poo poo for the end of the crimson fleet quest.

Speaking of, the quest chain is over but I must have missed some evidence as I still have that in my quest log. Who knows where it was, unless I retrace my steps I'm probably stuck with that forever, aren't I? Maybe I'll look up the quest ID and console it.

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

heavenly piercing toke'n smoke'n

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yep

like there are multiple traits that have unique dialogue but also conflict with one another so you can only choose one, asking a player to start from scratch to actually see all that is bonkers for a game with a ng+ that repeats indefinitely. especially since you assume your role in each new universe after that universe's you dies, so who is to say that that universe's you would even have the same traits as the real you in the first place? maybe the you in the previous universe was a freestar settler but the you in the new one is a uc colonist. like, there, i just gave them a canonical in-game reason to let you change traits, i thought about this part of the game more than bethesda apparently did.

it's a good example of why this game frustrates me even as i really like a lot of it.

tbf you are not the 'you' of your universe as starborn. the 'you' of the universe you go to in NG+ is said to have died before they could make it to the lodge unless i missed something that says otherwise, thats why they're all so shocked to see you

doesn't excuse the fact it would be really smart to allow a reroll of that on ng+ of course

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

trizzNPH posted:

tbf you are not the 'you' of your universe as starborn. the 'you' of the universe you go to in NG+ is said to have died before they could make it to the lodge unless i missed something that says otherwise, thats why they're all so shocked to see you

doesn't excuse the fact it would be really smart to allow a reroll of that on ng+ of course

Don't they explicitly say that you vanished, not died?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

trizzNPH posted:

right, but you are still assuming that role. so you could justify rerolls by saying that because you are assuming that you's role, you are playing the part of, say, a freestar settler because that's who that you was, and people in the freestar collective would be none the wiser that it isn't the you from that universe. given that starborn seem to have a lot of intrinsic knowledge about the multiverse, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

this all assumes you need an in-game justification for rerolls, which i don't think you do in the first place and it's just an unnecessary way to gate things off and necessitate a brand-new save, but rather the fact that it's this easy to make a justification for rerolls just highlights how dumb it is that you can't do them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ImpAtom posted:

Don't they explicitly say that you vanished, not died?

when you talk to the the emissary he says that you usually die in most universes he has been to so my assumption is that you are dead in most every universe you travel to, except for the ones where you are explicitly not meant to actually continue in which are pretty obvious when you reach them

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

heavenly piercing toke'n smoke'n
oh def, there's no reason for a justification there at all mechanically just let me go through chargen physically and trait wise at the start of a NG+. it's not like it's fallout where you have stats you had to allocate that might break if you redid them at level 40 ng+...

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I just console commanded the traits and background I wanted for NG+

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Hello what is your avatar from.

The video for They Might Be Giants - Hotel Detective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-dwPTQjGg

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I am pretty sure I have outgrown the Frontier at this point. I just can't get enough storage and having to run back and forth to the safe in the Lodge is annoying.

I'm probably going to hijack some pirate or ecliptic ship and use that as a foundation for something larger.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Gonkish posted:

I am pretty sure I have outgrown the Frontier at this point. I just can't get enough storage and having to run back and forth to the safe in the Lodge is annoying.

I'm probably going to hijack some pirate or ecliptic ship and use that as a foundation for something larger.

You could do some quests. Just saying.

Do some quests.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I’m still early into the game and taking my time with things. I recognize some of the flaws people have brought up but to me it’s something I’m used to from prior Bethesda games. I never really expected it to get any better than it was so I never had high expectations to break. The game is fun.

So far my impression of the game is that it’s intended to be this hopeful nasa punk type representation of humanity triumphing through the stars. But that’s the skin deep impression I get.

Without getting into spoilers. Are people posting here talking about UC and Freestar being liberal fascist factions as a meta commentary in response to Bethesda’s own biases or because the game story is actively trying to tell you beneath the slick coat of paint the settled systems are actually a terrible place to live and the pirates were right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

when you talk to the the emissary he says that you usually die in most universes he has been to so my assumption is that you are dead in most every universe you travel to, except for the ones where you are explicitly not meant to actually continue in which are pretty obvious when you reach them

At least from what I recall Vasco confirms you are the same person who 'vanished on the way here.'

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m still early into the game and taking my time with things. I recognize some of the flaws people have brought up but to me it’s something I’m used to from prior Bethesda games. I never really expected it to get any better than it was so I never had high expectations to break. The game is fun.

So far my impression of the game is that it’s intended to be this hopeful nasa punk type representation of humanity triumphing through the stars. But that’s the skin deep impression I get.

Without getting into spoilers. Are people posting here talking about UC and Freestar being liberal fascist factions as a meta commentary in response to Bethesda’s own biases or because the game story is actively trying to tell you beneath the slick coat of paint the settled systems are actually a terrible place to live and the pirates were right.

My impression is that Bethesda went through great pains to make basically any interpretation correct (cowards path)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kaddish posted:

Well, I feel like a real piece of poo poo for the end of the crimson fleet quest.

Speaking of, the quest chain is over but I must have missed some evidence as I still have that in my quest log. Who knows where it was, unless I retrace my steps I'm probably stuck with that forever, aren't I? Maybe I'll look up the quest ID and console it.

Why would you feel bad those UC jagoffs had it coming.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Has anyone gotten the DLSS mod working with Gamepass? No matter what I tried, the game would crash on load with an error.
Edit: Also I was trying the mod off Nexus, is that the correct mod?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kraftwerk posted:

crimson fleet are unironically the good guys

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Kraftwerk posted:

UC is deffo fascists, it only ever becomes more clear the more you learn about what they do and have done. Freestar is more of a lets be cowboys in space and act like it, which is pretty poo poo in the southern US way but better than actual fash.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

The video for They Might Be Giants - Hotel Detective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-dwPTQjGg

Thank you.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
somebody had a guide for cheesing fitness, what was it again?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mr. Pool posted:

My impression is that Bethesda went through great pains to make basically any interpretation correct (cowards path)

nah, at least as far as the uc goes they are very deliberately portrayed as real shitheads trying to appear as the grown-ups in the room. the museum you go through practically beats you over the head with it and overall the game makes it pretty obvious they are basically the united citizen federation from starship troopers (the movie version, ie very much not the good guys). i genuinely cannot see how anyone could possibly interperet them any other way. then again a lot of people didn't understand that starship troopers was satire, so.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Considering the first time I talk anyone from the UC is them coercing me into being an informant over a 58 credit fine, yeah that tracks that they're fascist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Private Speech posted:

UC is deffo fascists, it only ever becomes more clear the more you learn about what they do and have done. Freestar is more of a lets be cowboys in space and act like it, which is pretty poo poo in the southern US way but better than literal fash.

I mean the Freestars are run by the worst kind of capitalists and are afraid to do anything to them because it just isn't done. They also suck.

(The game clearly wants you to treat the UC and the Freestars as the two Good factions and side with one of them despite the fact they are all scum.)

The Crimson Fleet are backstabbing murderers who show no care or dignity to anyone which, ironically, makes them feel at least like they're straightforward about their lovely behavior.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

nah, at least as far as the uc goes they are very deliberately portrayed as real shitheads trying to appear as the grown-ups in the room. the museum you go through practically beats you over the head with it and overall the game makes it pretty obvious they are basically the united citizen federation from starship troopers (the movie version, ie very much not the good guys). i genuinely cannot see how anyone could possibly interperet them any other way. then again a lot of people didn't understand that starship troopers was satire, so.

Because the game is not well written and almost universally tries to paint the UC as the Good Guys who don't want you to hurt or murder people and discuss their code of honor they expect you to uphold and poo poo. You're introduced to them through your first real companion and an affable friendly guy, whereas the Crimson Fleet is introduced with you being told to murder someone and then when you step into their base you see one guy kill another over some credits.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Nah I don't see how the literal "service guarantees citizenship" faction is anything like UCF.

e: As I said Freestar is pretty terrible in the Texas republicans way, but there's a long way from that to all the overt and covert crap UC does. Best you can say is that some of the people they kill are bad.

A lot of the bad things about UC are spoilers though.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 8, 2023

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Holy LMAO:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16czc5q/somehow_managed_to_purchase_the_key_was_able_to/

"Do not sell it. I sold The Den thinking that would somehow fix the bug, and The Den is now gone."

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 8, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Nah I don't see how the literal "service guarantees citizenship" faction is anything like UCF.

e: As I said Freestar is pretty terrible in the Texas republicans way, but there's a long way from that to all the overt and covert crap UC does.

No, they do the covert crap stuff too. They're all business people pretending to be cowboys. Like their leading council is full of utter power-mad shitheads and the closest thing they have to any kind of 'helpful' people are less than a dozen people for every planet in the system, each of which is told to just let anything that might cause loss of profits to slide.

Like gently caress even the Ranger questline is just mission after mission of "gently caress you, newbie, stop being loving stupid, of course we're not going to actually solve any problems, how dare you accuse the obviously guilty person of anything don't you know how rich they are?"

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
the razorleaf is cool but it's really cool when you rearrange it and add more missiles

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

ImpAtom posted:

No, they do the covert crap stuff too. They're all business people pretending to be cowboys. Like their leading council is full of utter power-mad shitheads and the closest thing they have to any kind of 'helpful' people are less than a dozen people for every planet in the system, each of which is told to just let anything that might cause loss of profits to slide.

Like gently caress even the Ranger questline is just mission after mission of "gently caress you, newbie, stop being loving stupid, of course we're not going to actually solve any problems, how dare you accuse the obviously guilty person of anything don't you know how rich they are?"

Is that better or worse than some of the "research" UC did though? Not like UC cares about the common man either way, see the well and new atlantis, cydonia, new homestead, etc.

Freestar just seems like standard space capitalism with pretensions of rural life to me, which is better than fascism.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 8, 2023

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ImpAtom posted:

You're introduced to them through your first real companion and an affable friendly guy, whereas the Crimson Fleet is introduced with you being told to murder someone and then when you step into their base you see one guy kill another over some credits.

nope, the actual introduction to the uc is the very first place you travel to after getting the frontier: a secret base built illegally in freestar space in which scientists were experimenting on a captive terrormorph that then escaped and killed all of them.

again, uc being bad really is not subtle, at all.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
the UC seem like they suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Peachfart posted:

Has anyone gotten the DLSS mod working with Gamepass? No matter what I tried, the game would crash on load with an error.
Edit: Also I was trying the mod off Nexus, is that the correct mod?

I am successfully using the top DLSS mod from nexus currently with no issues. The game pass filepath is different from steam obviously but the game directory is laid out the same and I just followed the instructions.