Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

never thought I'd be in some sort of pie pan hell, but, well,

I have 0 interest in doing the STARMAP quests. At this point in log in to to do chores in the morning and that’s about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

I have 0 interest in doing the STARMAP quests. At this point in log in to to do chores in the morning and that’s about it.

Yep, that one, corn of interest and flexible spending are all parked for me. I’m growing pine trees to GM them and working on levelling up cooking with pies but other than that I’m being casual.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

why are apple pies so valuable? i feel like adding a thousand max stamina when I'm constantly sitting at several million & selling OJ weekly is pretty pointless but i saw a pie go for 300 gold

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

oldskool posted:

why are apple pies so valuable? i feel like adding a thousand max stamina when I'm constantly sitting at several million & selling OJ weekly is pretty pointless but i saw a pie go for 300 gold

Early / mid game that would be an insane benefit. Later in the game it just means you accrued a little more each day at reset. Even "late but not end game" as it were it's still a great benefit. Plus there are a startling number of patreon supporters who are just swimming in gold and want to finish everything ASAP.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

oldskool posted:

Ruggan posted:

Yeah all things considered this temple isn’t bad and it certainly isn’t very grindy.

Math on apple pie - at max tower level it’s equivalent to approx 100 oj per day, or 1.25g per day. At 125g per pie, that’s a 100 day breakeven. At 250g per pie, that’s a 200 day breakeven. Up to you on whether it’s worth shelling out for in trade chat.

In terms of permanent upgrades you can buy with gold, and comparing that to the return of just buying LN, very few have a breakeven point less than a year. That makes this a somewhat attractive option.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oldskool posted:

its basically like a passive 90-ish OJ worth of stamina being generated every day once you're at T199 for each one you eat

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
The one drawback to fishing for corn is I am 180 popcorn short for the last corn of interest. :negative:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

possibly dumb question, but do you still get all your resource saver / crafting discounts applied through the craftworks?

edit: just read the library article on it and it does.

also found a really helpful article that made me rethink how i use the craftworks.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Sep 8, 2023

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
There's a new pet - the Stinky Skunk - 10b silver - gives nothing unique, but provides some helpful items like bone broth and corn oil.

As an aside, I stopped collecting from my pets since they introduced the crunchy omelette meal. My inventory growth outpaces the rate at which they gather items so unless I stop playing they'll never fill up. Which means I currently have 521,000 uncollected items from pets.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Unponderable posted:

There's a new pet - the Stinky Skunk - 10b silver - gives nothing unique, but provides some helpful items like bone broth and corn oil.

As an aside, I stopped collecting from my pets since they introduced the crunchy omelette meal. My inventory growth outpaces the rate at which they gather items so unless I stop playing they'll never fill up. Which means I currently have 521,000 uncollected items from pets.

And it requires cooking level 25 which gives me a reason to actually cook stuff.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

H110Hawk posted:

The one drawback to fishing for corn is I am 180 popcorn short for the last corn of interest. :negative:

you just got like 500 corn prize bags from doing the quest

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Unponderable posted:

Haha. But if you ever collect with a crunchy, you’ll void won’t you?

I personally collect around 75-100k for that reason.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Considering there's like 150 different items (number I pulled from my rear end but feels right) even with a crunchy that's well under 10k each. Okay maybe some of the items you get from multiple sources would overflow, but 90% of that is garbage you can fill your inventory with by casting a few LNs or using a few APs.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

you just got like 500 corn prize bags from doing the quest

And I opened them all.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Slimy Hog posted:

And it requires cooking level 25 which gives me a reason to actually cook stuff.

:same:

I'm being lazy and hoarding my gold for now though, I'll wait for Stir/Taste/Season all to go on sale.

Blockhead
Jun 6, 2003

turtle power
If anyone has an Apple Pie they would like to sell I’ll buy it for 250g. Blockhead in game. I could use the stam boost.

Edit: they seem to be going for around 300g in trade so I’ll even pay that instead.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What's the best way to get gold eggplant that isn't getting lucky growing it, I need 10 for a quest and have one after growing like 2500 of them.

On the plus side, I also have 2 Runestone 20s before I actually needed them so that's nice, especially after the Leek Hell I recently escaped.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

IcePhoenix posted:

What's the best way to get gold eggplant that isn't getting lucky growing it, I need 10 for a quest and have one after growing like 2500 of them.

On the plus side, I also have 2 Runestone 20s before I actually needed them so that's nice, especially after the Leek Hell I recently escaped.

I can send you the rest but your mailbox is full.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Open the gold item grab bags. Pop a mastery meal and open all the fish, runestone, and item ones, then craft spheres. (if your level allows.) just make sure not to void them.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

corn of interest completed, woof

that oak production is pricy as hell, I don't think I'm going to push it past 500 for now

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Xerol posted:

Considering there's like 150 different items (number I pulled from my rear end but feels right) even with a crunchy that's well under 10k each. Okay maybe some of the items you get from multiple sources would overflow, but 90% of that is garbage you can fill your inventory with by casting a few LNs or using a few APs.

I checked this against my own numbers and most items, with 38k to collect, are at about 140-160 individually. I think some of the runestones can come from 3 different pets so around 450 of those. So I think a good guideline would be to collect when the total items are about 50-60x your inventory cap. (headmath: 38k = 450, x1.5 from crunchy = 675, my inventory is about 10k, so I'd need about 15x as many items to collect to max out, 15x38 = 570k total items to collect corresponding to ~10k of an item that's collected by 3 pets).

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

corn of interest completed, woof

that oak production is pricy as hell, I don't think I'm going to push it past 500 for now

I’m enjoying the starmap quest just for the variety… except the stupid pie pans.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

On the list of "petty grievences" about Farm RPG i have, the fact that the new pet is called "Stinky Skunk" while all the other real animals are just the animal's name is probably the pettiest.

Still called my pet "Penelope" after "Penelope Pussycat" - the poor cat that Pepe Le Pew is always harrasing - in a fit of pique tho.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I was totally paying attention last night when I bought the skunk. Whoops.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

I was totally paying attention last night when I bought the skunk. Whoops.

Lol. I almost did that too.

At some point I probably should go through and buy L8, but for now I’m just saving for the 10T upgrades.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
How do you actually get an apple pie? Is it only through the monthly gift bag/completing dailies?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I think so. Waiting for the 28th for mine.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Tower level 69 (nice)

Could use 100 cotton if anyone has spare going

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Beasteh posted:

Tower level 69 (nice)

Could use 100 cotton if anyone has spare going

Can’t be mailed.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

rafikki posted:

Can’t be mailed.

Ah that's fine I'll need to spam some grape juice tomorrow then

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What perks do y'all spend your gold on? I was kind of picking and choosing between stuff at first and then I decided to go for a big QoL goal to save my tapping finger and buy both Sprint Shoes. I've earned my way back up to 80 now and not sure what I want next.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I tend to save up for "expansion" perks ( crops grow faster, expand orchard, ect. ) over QOL, but end up getting the QOL when I get annoyed too much.

Except "Inventory Monitor" which should literally just be base game mechanic.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yes I'm sure should also just be a default

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Twincityhacker posted:

I tend to save up for "expansion" perks ( crops grow faster, expand orchard, ect. ) over QOL, but end up getting the QOL when I get annoyed too much.

Except "Inventory Monitor" which should literally just be base game mechanic.

A ton of the upgrades fall into the category of "should be a base game mechanic" but gold isn't too horrible to come by

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kaboobi posted:

yes I'm sure should also just be a default

I got this one too yeah lol. I suppose if I'm asking what I should target I should just list everything I've bought so far.

Reinforced Netting
Resource Saver II
Lemonade Squeezer
Sprint Shoes I
Sprint Shoes II
Collect-o-matic
Bulletin Board
Yes I'm Sure
Iron Depot
Pet-o-Matic I
Pet-o-Matic II
Mailbox upgrades (currently at 20 max mail)

And I'm currently sitting on 80 gold wondering if I should save it for something bigger or just start dropping it into cheaper stuff. I suppose the two irrigations or the two storehouse max inventory upgrades would be what I decide between if the latter.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Inventory is basically the most important thing in the game, but the storehouse expansions honestly isn't a huge deal, I basically just use it as a display case for crap. the +inventory growth silver upgrades are the important ones in there.

Growing crops faster is super important to get a lot of the annoying grindy stuff in the middle way lower, you're basically always going to be grape juicing any of the 48+ hour long ones

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Forklift 1+2, Irrigation Systems 1+2, Fertilizer, extra grape juice, toolbox, and extra wishes are all must-haves, even fairly early on.

After that, the orchard upgrades you want to keep up with to keep your inventory topped out each day.

Next up fish supplier and large net launcher eventually when you're at the point where you're getting piles of nets every day

The rest is most QOL stuff. The wine cellar, banking, and livestock stuff is mostly unessential.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Forklift 1 and 2 are what I was talking about when I said storehouse max inventory upgrades yeah.

Is the silver cost really that big of a deal on crafting? I've always been gated by materials, not money.

Also oh jeeze thank you and duckbar for the gold infusion to buy some of these.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

IcePhoenix posted:

Forklift 1 and 2 are what I was talking about when I said storehouse max inventory upgrades yeah.

Is the silver cost really that big of a deal on crafting? I've always been gated by materials, not money.

When you start collecting enough runestones to bulk craft spheres it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

IcePhoenix posted:

once you're crafting like 1000s of things at once (especially with expensive things) it adds up VERY quickly