Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

pantslesswithwolves posted:

TIL that GG Allin is problematic for a number of reasons

Also gently caress that pants making GBS threads pedophile rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah "Confederate Railroad: Is named Confederate Railroad" and "Gwen Stefani: appropriated japanese culture" seemed a bit odd but I don't see any known sex pests missing so it is at least thorough if perhaps overambitious

e: WELP

"G Herbo: Pled guilty to wire fraud." is a great one as well.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

quote:

Gwen Stefani, No Doubt: Repeatedly appropriated Japanese culture.

Meanwhile Gucci Mane and DMX don't even rate a mention?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I know he's not huge name, but I'm a little shocked R.A. the Rugged Man isn't on there for like, everything.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm lolling at things like "supported George Bush"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics/elon-musk-biography-walter-isaacson-ukraine-starlink/index.html posted:

Elon Musk secretly ordered his engineers to turn off his company’s Starlink satellite communications network near the Crimean coast last year to disrupt a Ukrainian sneak attack on the Russian naval fleet, according to an excerpt adapted from Walter Isaacson’s new biography of the eccentric billionaire titled “Elon Musk.”

As Ukrainian submarine drones strapped with explosives approached the Russian fleet, they “lost connectivity and washed ashore harmlessly,” Isaacson writes.

Musk’s decision, which left Ukrainian officials begging him to turn the satellites back on, was driven by an acute fear that Russia would respond to a Ukrainian attack on Crimea with nuclear weapons, a fear driven home by Musk’s conversations with senior Russian officials, according to Isaacson

I would say that this is probably something that an American defense contractor should not be doing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Love this list because a single search taught me that whoever wrote it can't tell the difference between a song about "problematic" subject matter and the song being "problematic".

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It wasn't really a secret I seem to remember him saying he was going to do it. It was around the time he had a personal phone call with putin and started to push the "russian peace plan"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ded posted:

It wasn't really a secret I seem to remember him saying he was going to do it. It was around the time he had a personal phone call with putin and started to push the "russian peace plan"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Love this list because a single search taught me that whoever wrote it can't tell the difference between a song about "problematic" subject matter and the song being "problematic".

Given the complete misunderstanding of lyrical themes in some of these entries I was half expecting Garth Brooks being on there for The Thunder Rolls being about a man's serial adultery against his wife. Never mind the kickass bonus verse where she puts a bullet in the cheating bastard, which got dropped from the album release and caused the music video to get removed from airplay.

There's some pretty rad metal covers of that song out there that do it justice.

I wonder where my deluxe edition of Double Live is...

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

it truly astounds me that ian miles cheong, the man who got conned into writing incel corner for milo yiannopolous for free has had a non-neglible impact on the war of russian aggression

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

yeah "Confederate Railroad: Is named Confederate Railroad" and "Gwen Stefani: appropriated japanese culture" seemed a bit odd but I don't see any known sex pests missing so it is at least thorough if perhaps overambitious

e: WELP

I dont disagree with calling out double standards or bad themes in music where warranted, but that list is like somebody just found out about being Woke and overcompensated for their new discovery.

That said, Gwen had quite the Japanese/Juku Girl fetish going there for a while in the 2000s.

Then there's this:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/gwen-stefani-im-japanese-controversy-allure/index.html

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 8, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I dont disagree with calling out double standards or bad themes in music where warranted, but that list is like somebody just found out about being Woke and overcompensated for their new discovery.

That said, Gwen had quite the Japanese/Juku Girl fetish going there for a while in the 2000s.

Then there's this:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/gwen-stefani-im-japanese-controversy-allure/index.html

quote:

In the article published on Tuesday, Stefani, 53, spoke extensively about her Japanese influences, at one point telling writer Jesa Marie Calaor, while remembering a trip to Japan, “My god, I’m Japanese and didn’t know it.”

This just shows a profound lack of self-awareness on her part; usually when someone thinks they’re turning Japanese they really think so. It’s quite the phenomenon- No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 8, 2023

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

David Draiman, Disturbed: Opened his tour with a lecture on the dangers of wokeness.

Surprised me because I recently watched a video of him giving a lengthy speech about how inclusive Disturbed concerts were to a scared little girl in the front row. Turns out their link goes to an article in The Hard Times....a satire site.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

CBJSprague24 posted:

"That's a pretty big pile of stones you got there and these walls are kinda see through, you know?" I mean, hers might have subsided but mine hasn't

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Retrowave Joe posted:

David Draiman, Disturbed: Opened his tour with a lecture on the dangers of wokeness.

Surprised me because I recently watched a video of him giving a lengthy speech about how inclusive Disturbed concerts were to a scared little girl in the front row. Turns out their link goes to an article in The Hard Times....a satire site.

:lol: Had me going in the first half.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This just shows a profound lack of self-awareness on her part; usually when someone thinks they’re turning Japanese they really think so. It’s quite the phenomenon- No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark.

:japan:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Plus they drink their liquor hot, like wtf?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

bulletsponge13 posted:

I know he's not huge name, but I'm a little shocked R.A. the Rugged Man isn't on there for like, everything.

what has he done besides nearly beating down Tim Pool and being the illest lyricist the world slept on? oh and his label not wanting Alliyah to meet him back when

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Meanwhile Gucci Mane and DMX don't even rate a mention?

the record conclusively shows Gucci Mane did nothing wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz8EbJwvF5k

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

what has he done besides nearly beating down Tim Pool and being the illest lyricist the world slept on? oh and his label not wanting Alliyah to meet him back when

His lyrics, for one, but he also has a lot of old school opinions, and has said some anti-trans/anti-gay views in the past.

Considering some of the other dumb reasons they have, he would definitely make the list.

He's super drat talented.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Turns out Jimmy Fallon is a douchebag.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/national...9bEb-iMbMmLl2R4

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/53rdWRS/status/1700142461404827971?s=20

Cool video. It is kind of depressing to think that all these "once-in-a-lifetime" weather events are just gonna be normal for our lives

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Coasterphreak posted:

Plus they drink their liquor hot, like wtf?

In my limited experience, they serve it with club soda and ice, with or without lemon.

They call that a highball and it's pretty good.

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/53rdWRS/status/1700142461404827971?s=20

Cool video. It is kind of depressing to think that all these "once-in-a-lifetime" weather events are just gonna be normal for our lives

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 8, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

NO ONE loving WANTS THIS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/08/nancy-pelosi-running-reelection/

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

AGEIST!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Get it girl!!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Me, at 83, after seeing my equally geriatric wife beat nearly to death with a hammer by a crazy person: You know, I'm not done with my job

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol dang, gradually learning ultra blue districts are also not good for democracy. My district’s rep knows they have a job for life unless they are primaried & GOP barely bothers to run candidates to lose by 80%, so gets a pass on iffy decision making & grand standing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Term limits

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
it was never a secret

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Starlink is being installed on ships throughout the CG and Navy to provide connectivity at sea; can't wait for Elon to decide he doesn't want to support the woke military anymore

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Unredacted Grand Jury Report was released.

E- could Ukraine issue an international warrant for Musk

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oooh I hope he gets to find out how loyal his bodyguards can be.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Mark Meadows can get hosed.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.gand.319225/gov.uscourts.gand.319225.69.0.pdf

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That Works posted:

Term limits

And/or the same retirement age every other job has.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I've been offline for most of the day huffing drywall dust and learning that nailguns are useful, but in the snippets I've seen like this one:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1700269134229954627

Sure doesn't look like by this logic Donnie is going to be able to get his side of the RICO case kicked to federal court either. Also, Meadows got cross-examined and all his poo poo put on record for absolutely zero benefit. Oops!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ded posted:

it was never a secret

You launch spy satellites that the DoD uses to drone people to death, you stupid motherfucker.

I can't wait until the Government forces you to sell your space company to Northrop for pennies. Eat poo poo Elon.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol dang, gradually learning ultra blue districts are also not good for democracy. My district’s rep knows they have a job for life unless they are primaried & GOP barely bothers to run candidates to lose by 80%, so gets a pass on iffy decision making & grand standing.

They really aren’t. DC’s Democratic Party filed a lawsuit aimed at keeping a ranked-choice ballot initiative off the ballot, in a city that went like 9:1 for Biden and Clinton over Trump, and argued that minority voters would be “confused” by the concept. Our minuscule Republican Party also joined in on the suit, which goes to show that both parties have a vested interest in keeping our lovely status quo going so long as it benefits him.

Democracy should be as messy as it needs to be and the fact that both parties are against this, as well as term and age limits, are all the more reason why we need them, and also 3rd/4th parties as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Elviscat posted:

You launch spy satellites that the DoD uses to drone people to death, you stupid motherfucker.

I can't wait until the Government forces you to sell your space company to Northrop for pennies. Eat poo poo Elon.

Inshallah