Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1700213050513527145

LOL who would've seen this coming.

As I turn into a corncob for having this fucker in 2 leagues..................................................

Water wet. All my fellow Giants fans at the draft lusting over him cracked me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lol that the year everyone finally decides to draft elite TEs early they all pop up on the injury report before week 1. We play a cursed game

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anyone care to rate review and smash that like button in my 12t standard non ppr yahoo draft? I think I like it. I wish I would’ve grabbed more high end RBs since it’s non ppr but I like to take the best players available when possible.

QB Trevor Lawrence
WR Tee Higgins
WR DK Metcalf
RB Tony Pollard
RB Rachaad White
TE Travis Kelce
WRT Raheem Mostert
BN Christian Watson
BN Jamaal Williams
BN Tank Bigsby
BN Rashod Bateman
BN Allen Lazard
BN Dawson Knox (dropping for an upside RB when Kelce is back)

I like it. In 0 ppr I might start Williams over White.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Waller is one of those guys where every time I draft him, he gets hurt, and every time I don't draft him, he also gets hurt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boy am I'm glad I didn't draft him

because I was outbid / overdrafted 4 out of 4 times

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

because I was outbid / overdrafted 4 out of 4 times

This was my experience with Waller and Hockenson. Both went 1-2 rounds before ADP in like 4 snake drafts I did.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It's interesting to look at my dynasty team and see how quickly things can turn around with some good offseason moves. I had a good stock of draft picks at the end of last season where I ended up with the 3rd pick of the rookie draft and was looking at a promising rebuild. Here's how my starting roster looked at the end of last season. This is a 12 team PPR superflex league.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: James Cook
RB: Isiah Pacheco
WR: Justin Jefferson
WR: Garrett Wilson
WR: Nick Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Cole Kmet
Flex: Jauan Jennings
Flex: K.J. Osborn
SF: Mac Jones

I decided to say gently caress the long rebuild right before the rookie draft and just trade the picks to make my team good now, so now my team looks like this:

QB: Justin Herbert
RB: CMC
RB: Isiah Pacheco
WR: Justin Jefferson
WR: Garrett Wilson
WR: Davante Adams
TE: Mark Andrews
Flex: Mike Williams
Flex: James Cook
SF: Dak Prescott

I'm not going to list all my bench players because there's so many of then, but the useful ones are Mac Jones, Bateman, Penny, Gainwell, and Parris Campbell. I still want to add another RB and WR for more depth, but I think I'm going to wait a month and see what holes I'll need to fill between bye weeks and injuries.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I think I need a backup plan for Mandrews in PPR.

Who would you drop for Everett?

D. Achane
T. Burks
B. Cooks
M. Mims

I'm leaning Burks. I know people like him but that's a low volume passing offense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Coin flip between Mims and Burks imo.

Jeudy still seems to be a game time decision because of course it is. If he plays a lot of the early season appeal of Mims dies cause he’s pushed out of 2WR sets. Also everyone assumes Payton will fix Denver but they might still just suck rear end.

Burks is on a bad passing offense but he’s definitely the #2 and has a year under his belt which works in his favor.

If you’re not at all attached to your kicker I would drop him and put Andrews on IR if he is ruled out, that way you don’t need to drop either guy.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Coin flip between Mims and Burks imo.

Jeudy still seems to be a game time decision because of course it is. If he plays a lot of the early season appeal of Mims dies cause he’s pushed out of 2WR sets. Also everyone assumes Payton will fix Denver but they might still just suck rear end.

Burks is on a bad passing offense but he’s definitely the #2 and has a year under his belt which works in his favor.

If you’re not at all attached to your kicker I would drop him and put Andrews on IR if he is ruled out, that way you don’t need to drop either guy.

No kicker in this league and we can't put Q on IR. So it has to be a drop. I'm leaning Burks pretty hard. I honestly don't want any part of TEN offense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I meant put him on IR if he changes to O which is what I did with Kelce on Thursday. But I know different sites handle that in different ways. Anyway you are living the dream with no kicker so it doesn’t matter! I keep trying to get rid of them in my leagues but everyone’s like “no they are good actually because one time I won when my kicker that I selected completely at random scored 20 points” :eng99:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Docjowles posted:

I meant put him on IR if he changes to O which is what I did with Kelce on Thursday. But I know different sites handle that in different ways. Anyway you are living the dream with no kicker so it doesn’t matter! I keep trying to get rid of them in my leagues but everyone’s like “no they are good actually because one time I won when my kicker that I selected completely at random scored 20 points” :eng99:

I'll never go back to kicker leagues again. It rules not having to deal with them. And thanks for the advice. I'll wait to see what happens on Sunday. Thankfully mandrews is a 1PM game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
RIP Cooper Kupp

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Who do we like to stash on the bench with Christian Watson out?

Reed or Mingo? I can throw Watson in to IR and I've got a free bench slot now.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

mcmagic posted:

RIP Cooper Kupp
Is Van Jefferson worth picking up? Or any other LAR receivers? The team seems like it’s gonna be a mess this year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

gloom posted:

Is Van Jefferson worth picking up? Or any other LAR receivers? The team seems like it’s gonna be a mess this year.

If you don't need him to start I'd scoop him and see how it goes. Wouldn't be comfortable putting him in for Kupp tho.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea Van might be worth a stash but I def wouldn’t start him this week.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm starting Higbie in a flex spot this week. I wouldn't want to rely on Van.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Thanks, we run short benches so it doesn’t seem like he’s a must add.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Do not start the Van.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I grabbed van in dynasty as a lotto ticket. Maybe!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I could prepare some boring backup plan for MAndrews...

or observe that Taysom Hill still has TE eligibility...

:getin:

football is back baby

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1700606881755013414

Definitely dropping Burks over Mims if I need a Mandrews replacement.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Bouta do my BML draft! 14 teams, most of which have been auctioning for 15+ years.

Shots of tequila to start, after every break, and for every procedural error. Note: This does not lead to fewer procedural errors.

Letsgo!!!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dunno I kind of feel good about Burks. I'm even tempted to start him

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

I could prepare some boring backup plan for MAndrews...

or observe that Taysom Hill still has TE eligibility...

:getin:

football is back baby

Seems good, a couple of NO RBs are hurt or suspended

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
If Mandrews misses wouldn’t Likely be better than the average waiver wire TE like Everett?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Saturday night Mark Andrews owner freakout!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1700606881755013414

Definitely dropping Burks over Mims if I need a Mandrews replacement.

Wait what Phillip Dorsett still exists

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I kinda like Zay Flowers now that Andrews is out. He's going to catch a lot of that underneath stuff I think.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I picked up Everett and dropped Mims. Kept Burks.

I'm not handcuffing Mandrews.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Handcuffing TE's isn't a thing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Grabbing Likely isn't just handcuffing Andrews. If he isn't able to go, Likely is going to be in a pass heavy offense with a lot of plays designed to go to him. Honestly, unless you got a top five tight end, you should be considering grabbing Likely in your leagues if Andrews isn't available. He has an incredibly high ceiling playing against a team that is probably going to be one of the worst in football.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sataere posted:

Grabbing Likely isn't just handcuffing Andrews. If he isn't able to go, Likely is going to be in a pass heavy offense with a lot of plays designed to go to him. Honestly, unless you got a top five tight end, you should be considering grabbing Likely in your leagues if Andrews isn't available. He has an incredibly high ceiling playing against a team that is probably going to be one of the worst in football.

Do you like him over Schulz?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anti-Hero posted:

Do you like him over Schulz?

Absolutely. I might not know what I'm talking about, but Houston is gonna get smoked.

EDIT: Likely was good last year in the games Andrews was out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Figures, the one year I go a bit early on TE and get Kelce and Andrews in various leagues. Is Likely a better option than Juwan Johnson? Freiermuth is also availabile.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 10, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sataere posted:

I want in on Dolphins Chargers. If Everett wasn't available.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sataere posted:

Absolutely. I might not know what I'm talking about, but Houston is gonna get smoked.

EDIT: Likely was good last year in the games Andrews was out.

Everett is available, as well. I can play him or Likely over Schultz, whom I drafted with one of my last picks as I missed out on the Top TEs (dodged a bullet there)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My opponent still has Andrews starting but with the news he probably won’t go, I’m considering trying to thwart his options. I have Engram but Higbee and Likely are sitting in FA. Do I take either one of them and drop Engram? Am I overthinking this?

I could also either drop Lazard or Thielen but I already have a thin WR bench as it is in a 3WR league.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hello, my name is Matt Stafford and I'm throwing to a Van, down by the river!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Whoreson Welles posted:

My opponent still has Andrews starting but with the news he probably won’t go, I’m considering trying to thwart his options. I have Engram but Higbee and Likely are sitting in FA. Do I take either one of them and drop Engram? Am I overthinking this?

I could also either drop Lazard or Thielen but I already have a thin WR bench as it is in a 3WR league.

You're wildly overthinking it. Do not drop Engram. And those are 2 decent choices for him, so grabbing only 1 of them barely even helps you.