Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

DaysBefore posted:

These are some scary mfs

like all things Bethesda it’s very easy to gently caress with their AI using jet packs and geometry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DaysBefore posted:

These are some scary mfs

one time in new vegas I was running across the desert at night and I turned a cliff corner straight into a pack of night stalkers and I had to take a break lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You can tell the good CEO is evil because he's actually Grey Fox / Lucian Lachance

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Buddykins posted:

"you are my star in this field of stars. this starfield."

They actually do say the titular name of the game at one point.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ng+2 talk barrett just asked me to take him to a temple to get some powers and it's a whole thing, tons of dialogue. wow.. todd howard has done it AGAIN ! a masterpiece!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Anyone find out what's up with Phill Hill and the ancap spacesteaders? LIST? He wouldn't tell me where the money for the "free stuff" comes from.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Anyone find out what's up with Phill Hill and the ancap spacesteaders? LIST? He wouldn't tell me where the money for the "free stuff" comes from.

I'm not there yet so have even less idea than you do, but you said they're ancaps so this should answer your question anyway:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I wish the guns were balanced to work like guns and not like loot so the Ion and Grendel could be viable all the way through.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

starfield should have just had fps time to kill theres plenty rpg stats to level up besides damage.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

yeah never get attached to gear in starfield, unique items are very few and will always be outclassed by random leveled loot you pick off of bandits spacers

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Bro Dad posted:

yeah never get attached to gear in starfield, unique items are very few and will always be outclassed by random leveled loot you pick off of bandits spacers

It sucks. Waiting for the obsessively detailed realism mods that differentiate between caseless and cased 12 ga, in 00, #4 and a variety of slug and flechette loadings.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

omg it doens't matter where in the lodge i am noel seeks me out and won't stop talking about my vital signs..

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Bro Dad posted:

this should be illegal game design. it fucken pisses me off. the people need their special treats!!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also starfield literally does not have any unique weapons. ive played through several faction questlines and the closest thing to a unique was a recolored laser pistol that was immediately outclassed by half the poo poo I picked up at the next bandit camp

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Lpzie posted:

omg it doens't matter where in the lodge i am noel seeks me out and won't stop talking about my vital signs..

the most boring Constellationer

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bethesda unique weapons have been disappointing for a few games. Like oh hey here's the Super Killomat Blaster as a quest reward, thank u for going on a nine hour adventure to save us. It's a normal gun with a +damage against Guys in Yellow Pants modifier. No cool special model or anything

Which I guess I get because now the objective is to find weapons with more betterer Adjectives instead one incredibly badass thing that carries you for the whole game. Still the Unique Uniques mod for Skyrim was a godsend for me lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

am I stupid because I can tell the weapons are scaling but I have no idea how to check other than comparing raw damage numbers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

dark urge playthrough bumming me out so I'm gonna go back to trying to grind away at 100% for yakuza ishin. ghostwire tokyo has also been sitting in my backlog for awhile now so I may bust some ghosts

jealous you get to play through ghostwire for the first time. its a tremendous game. you can 100% it but its literally like collecting all the figments in psychonauts or trying to 100% just cause 2

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Starfield’s environmental storytelling keeps surprising me. Was Skyrim’s this good?

it was but it was somehow both too esoteric and bland.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

thank you I was a little worried nobody was gonna get that

hello my ragtime gaaaaaaaal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wheres the ufo bethesda. where my goddamned ray gun. you better not sell it as dlc again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao
Fortnite is a mess

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao
Fortnite is a mess

hes just an executive. the grunts do the real creative work

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

am I stupid because I can tell the weapons are scaling but I have no idea how to check other than comparing raw damage numbers

it's silly, the tiers of weapons aren't the colors, it's the prefixes like "advanced", "calibrated", etc. the colors are about the bonuses not the numbers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grapplejack posted:

Install the StarUI Inventory mod

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah tiers just reference how many affixes are on the item, but ive easily gotten 3-star gear where all the affixes are lovely poo poo like +5 damage against robots

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh Donald Mustard was a real guy? I heard that and just assumed it was from a Mega64 video or something

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
StarUI is so good/vanilla is wildly bad

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Al! posted:

hes just an executive. the grunts do the real creative work

He was very hands on with the background story and trying to tie everything together. The last year everything has kind of fallen apart.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

its really funny that they let the star/sky/falloutui guys handle their pc inventory system

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr Hootington posted:

He was very hands on with the background story and trying to tie everything together. The last year everything has kind of fallen apart.

Donald mustard~ 🥺

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1700150940714635528

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

jealous you get to play through ghostwire for the first time. its a tremendous game. you can 100% it but its literally like collecting all the figments in psychonauts or trying to 100% just cause 2

I got as far as the main menu before I had stuff to do but I'm gonna work on it some tonight

Al! posted:

hello my ragtime gaaaaaaaal

lol not quite

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Not being able to craft ammo is criminal.

The probably should have also let you do advanced modifications like change calibre or something.

The modifiers are neat and go above and beyond what you can modify crafting the gun, but I hate when I get an epic gun that’s modifiers are about bashing damage or effectiveness in space.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kings

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
really liking neon. It's like a foodcube version of cyberpunk.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stupid cloud streaming keeps disconnecting.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Xaris posted:

V/M is big brain UI design, it rules

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Hootington what’s the most esoteric Fortnite collab? My vote is either El Chapulin Colorado or some character from a stupid Brandon Sanderson book (can’t remember the name)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

really liking neon. It's like a foodcube version of cyberpunk.

lol thats a perfect one