Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

verbal enema posted:

Beat NG++ last night and cried a bunch

I want more

Play a gimmick build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

War Wizard posted:

Play a gimmick build.

Rn I'm trying to rebeat the game with the coral moonlight sword only

I still load in with other weapons though cuz manual purging is awesome

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I also have no loving idea what I used to beat Iguana I was so goddamn hammered

Pretty sure the spinny laser blade was used cuz that thing rules

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The hardest fight I've had on NG+ by a mile is G4 Volta, because he's in a tanky AC that has both a zimmerman and a songbird, which instantly makes him more dangerous than like 90% of other AC fights in the game so far.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
NG++

Oh gently caress this fight. Almost got that loser Iguazu down on my first try with my mobility loadout but couldn't hold out AP wise. Tried again with ol' reliable facemelt and it felt like the game changed it's tactics based on what I brought that time because the spiders just ran away and fired from a long distance between doing dual spinny lazer poo poo eating me up. And then I ran out of chaingun ammo at the end and still couldn't convert it.

I've burned through the levels from chapter 2 to here all day so I probably just need to take a break.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm not a fan of setpiece bosses and was a bit bummed at first when I realized the ice worm was one but it won me over and it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as a cutscene. There are missions more tedious/boring I had to redo on the second and third loops I would've liked to skip before skipping that one.

All or nothing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love the laser knife. Such a cool look whenever you finish an AC with the backhand stab.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I want to do an all lasers all the time run for NG+ after getting through NG with a combination of shotguns and dakka dakka machine guns. Also want to give tetra legs a good attempt since I focused on bipeds and tanks the first time around.

Any fun loadouts you’d recommend?
The key thing to know about tetra legs is that they can fire heavy weapons without stopping to brace, but mostly only while hovering, so you want to use the big coral generator so you can hover indefinitely. As a bonus it has pretty good energy weapon power.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sydin posted:

The hardest fight I've had on NG+ by a mile is G4 Volta, because he's in a tanky AC that has both a zimmerman and a songbird, which instantly makes him more dangerous than like 90% of other AC fights in the game so far.

Makes you wonder how poo poo he is as an AC pilot to not make it up the wall with that build

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Its funny how npc difficulty is directly affected by how meta their loadout is

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Makes you wonder how poo poo he is as an AC pilot to not make it up the wall with that build

He drove up to the main gate and slowly started hovering up

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

I love the laser knife. Such a cool look whenever you finish an AC with the backhand stab.

The key thing to know about tetra legs is that they can fire heavy weapons without stopping to brace, but mostly only while hovering, so you want to use the big coral generator so you can hover indefinitely. As a bonus it has pretty good energy weapon power.
This thread revealed to me you get to keep moving while using the plasma thrower, which is probably an entertaining way to spice up a quad legs run.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

should be able to finish my s ranks tomorrow and i'll be done with platinum wahoo

Same. Only missions I have left are both IBIS missions and both ENFORCER missions

:blastu:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Ng+ got V.II snail down. Dude was a chump once I switched to a bubble gun and just stun needled him to death. Going against Walter now and goddamn is he tough. His giant melee attacks are annoying af and seem impossible to dodge. Game good af tho. Excited to get into ng++ soon!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

You know, something I haven't seen praised enough is the starting mech.

I should clarify. It's not that it's an amazing design for use in the game. Only a couple parts make the grade for general use, and the overall stats are middling if you're feeling generous.

But that's part of why it's so good.

The initial AC in Fires of Rubicon feels great to use, with fast recharge, decent boosting, and enough firepower to quickly drop mooks. The design is recognizable, and in general, it's not a chore to use it. But it also has so many areas where it can improve that buying gear is exciting, and the core can take most basic changes to the loadout without breaking, allowing you to start building "your" design right from completing the second mission.

AC4's options might have let you start with something better, but it also asks the player to commit to a style before knowing how things work. AC6's starter is maybe the best as a starter in the whole series, giving something useful enough to use without being too useful to discard.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chiasaur11 posted:

You know, something I haven't seen praised enough is the starting mech.

I should clarify. It's not that it's an amazing design for use in the game. Only a couple parts make the grade for general use, and the overall stats are middling if you're feeling generous.

But that's part of why it's so good.

The initial AC in Fires of Rubicon feels great to use, with fast recharge, decent boosting, and enough firepower to quickly drop mooks. The design is recognizable, and in general, it's not a chore to use it. But it also has so many areas where it can improve that buying gear is exciting, and the core can take most basic changes to the loadout without breaking, allowing you to start building "your" design right from completing the second mission.

AC4's options might have let you start with something better, but it also asks the player to commit to a style before knowing how things work. AC6's starter is maybe the best as a starter in the whole series, giving something useful enough to use without being too useful to discard.

:hmmyes:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

thats game design, baybeeee

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Sindai posted:

Another great feature about the laser knife. That guy everybody is complaining about, G4 Volta, cannot deal with you getting all up in his business with constant melee attacks. Granted, I reserved enough weight to rain down Songbirds from above, but that's kind of the key. That enemy can't dodge very well. Carve him up like a roast turkey, you won't be taking any shots while he's in ACS overload.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I think people assume it's a gear progression game and move off the starter asap.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

brand engager posted:

I think people assume it's a gear progression game and move off the starter asap.

Well yeah I wanted to blow poo poo up with 'zookas

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
God drat I love this game. I've been taking my time with it (that's what I do with games I don't want to spoil for myself super quickly) and am only in Chapter 3 but I loving love it. From just doesn't miss, god drat. And it keeps so much of the original Armored Core vibes. It's nearly perfect, I even like the story and the general vibe.

I had been running a tetrapod build with songbirds and various guns but I've just switched to an almost all Elcano light build, and man it's way more fun imo. Especially normal missions, hovering is okay but having massive dodges, huge jumps and still packing dual long range shotguns and shoulder laser cannons? Yes please. It's just a more fun, risky way to play the game that really tests your ability. Heavy ACs with tank treads are way OP, frankly.

I did want to ask something. I'm not on NG+ like y'all still going through it slowly and pretty sure I opened my first chest in a mission just recently. I didn't even know there were chests. Are the chests worth it? Like is there gear in there that is worth having and using? Should I just look up the missions that have chests and go find them

brand engager posted:

Yeah that's one interesting but unintuitive thing about the game. Just because some new weapons become available in a new chapter doesn't in any way mean those weapons are better than the ones at the start.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
raven-kun... please don't burn my rubicussy 👉👈

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Songbearer posted:

man gently caress you

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Songbearer posted:

:yikes:

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Songbearer posted:

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

My RaD themed NG+ quad. Went medium weight bird leg in Normal so I wanted a big chunky dude with explosions and I love Carla and RaD so I'm real happy with how it turned out. Missile swarms from the right shoulder and left gun with enough delay to gently caress with enemy's dodge, minigun for constant pressure and Earshot because I loving love Earshot, goddamn. Quad legs are super satisfying and look drat cool which is the real reason to use them. Next run is with a superlight bird and melee fun.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Songbearer posted:

verbal enema posted:

man gently caress you

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Play posted:

I did want to ask something. I'm not on NG+ like y'all still going through it slowly and pretty sure I opened my first chest in a mission just recently. I didn't even know there were chests. Are the chests worth it? Like is there gear in there that is worth having and using? Should I just look up the missions that have chests and go find them

They have good stuff in, chainsaw, fancy sword, 2 entire mechs of parts. Someone had a post recently that was a list of missions with them but not where so you don't have to run around all over every map.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Googling AC6 hidden parts gives you multitudes of webpages that can show you where each chest is. Most are like not missable because they are in quite obvious spots, but there are a few tricky ones.

Also I just slammed both enforcer missions and both IBIS missions for S ranks :toot: I am the perfect mercenary

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
coll gross aheago decal creep

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

verbal enema posted:

coll... gross aheago dec *static* ... creep

as u blow up from my superior AC piloting

Play
Apr 25, 2006

EthanSteele posted:

They have good stuff in, chainsaw, fancy sword, 2 entire mechs of parts. Someone had a post recently that was a list of missions with them but not where so you don't have to run around all over every map.

Nice, guess I don't need an excuse to replay some missions anyways

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
beat ng+, so I've done both endings I could have:

the second last missions for both go hard, I love them

teaming up with rusty while his kickass theme blasts, beating up snail, awesome

but infinite boosting to take out a whole fleet in space while Carla zaps them with a big laser and keeps score, so cool, and then having a rematch with rusty, big feels

just incredible set pieces

liberator's final boss is cooler aesthetically, but fire's final boss is a better fight though somewhat repeating the chapter 4 boss a bit

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

They 100% should have had more missions where you get infinite assault boost

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Azuth0667 posted:

The non-AC bosses are kind of a drag.
I actually really liked them but I think they needed to rethink when some of the parts unlocked and smoothed that out a bit. That big lull in the middle of the game where you get nothing was really a low point for me.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I kinda wish we got more non-AC style bosses. Seemed like the game frontloaded them. Later on it's mostly ACs or bosses that are basically souped up ACs.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
spent a few hours slamming my head against the hardest boss in the game (the decal editor)

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017
I also spend way too much time with decals

I'll post a better one with HDR when I'm not at work

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017
Also I don't know why I can't get that to be the correct orientation sorry

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Gwely Mernans posted:

Also I don't know why I can't get that to be the correct orientation sorry

i think its better this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Been playing a melee build (stun baton/laser lance) with an AR in my right arm and some missiles. It is chewing through NG++ and it rules. You Zimmerman enjoyers are missing out.