Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Great old one warlock kicks rear end. One of my deception options was “Greetings. I suffer from a deep malaise that comes from beyond the stars.” Lol

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Great old one warlock kicks rear end. One of my deception options was “Greetings. I suffer from a deep malaise that comes from beyond the stars.” Lol

lol

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Recruiting a fungus-bro to help you with duergar genocide in the underdark absolutely rules. I didn't love having to kill him afterwards, but thems the breaks I guess.

Also, the relationship system in this game is loving hilarious. Gale likes it when I help people, Astarion likes it when I do random murders, but everyone likes it when I pet the dog.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

im going to kill the dog

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

im going to kill the dog

[cspam approves.]

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Dongicus posted:

im going to kill the dog

i picked the dialog option where i yell at his owners corpse and the (bitch went psych) dog went aggro and i forgot to turn on the option to just incapacitate him lol. realized it way after the fact and with my no save scum rule im stuck being a monster

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I leave the dog and his dad alone because the pupper doggo community’s influence on the game makes me want to puke.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I leave the dog and his dad alone because the pupper doggo community’s influence on the game makes me want to puke.

this. i'm so sick of heckin pupper crap

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I killed the dog on accident in my evil game lol, but had to remake my game because the multiplayer got bugged out and assigned a non-origin character to the wrong person

i wish that wild shape didn’t cause npcs to freak out, but I am enjoying owlbear so far, just be careful not to bite off more than you can chew in fights

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dogs are cringe + Undertale

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I’ve never met the dog :twisted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

I killed the dog on accident in my evil game lol, but had to remake my game because the multiplayer got bugged out and assigned a non-origin character to the wrong person

i wish that wild shape didn’t cause npcs to freak out, but I am enjoying owlbear so far, just be careful not to bite off more than you can chew in fights

This crap made me stop my necromancer because I’d have to leave my zombies outside town or have every npc run around like an annoying rear end in a top hat when I’m trying to talk to them. Bard has been by jam hence.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This crap made me stop my necromancer because I’d have to leave my zombies outside town or have every npc run around like an annoying rear end in a top hat when I’m trying to talk to them. Bard has been by jam hence.

lol That's sick. I freed a mind flayer and he just stands on top of a hill in town waiting to talk to me and normies walk by and like Roller Coaster Tycoon guests recoil at the sight of it when they get within 3m. Then they get tired and walk away.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i have a cat at my camp!

hamsauce666 posted:

Recruiting a fungus-bro to help you with duergar genocide in the underdark absolutely rules. I didn't love having to kill him afterwards, but thems the breaks I guess.

this bummed me out too. definitely making a different choice next time! :)

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Pragmatica posted:

Hell yeah. This is the first huge RPG I've played in a long while where I straight up can't wait for my second playthrough. Game's good, folks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pragmatica posted:

i have a cat at my camp!

Is it the scared cat? He's the best I think it wound up with his owner being murdered off screen because she disappears from the camp but the cat stayed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Amazing game. I waited for the PS5 version. I spent all of the past 2 weekends playing and am only just starting to look at the mountain pass area. I sided with the druids but I stayed neutral with the goblins right up to the point where I killed all their leaders. It's amazing that they gave all the bad guys names and personalities and voiced lines and you can just hang out in their camp get drunk and try to wrestle an owlbear cub. I definitely have to do an evil playthrough whenever I finally finish the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love sneaking around enemy areas before they turn hostile and shoving people down holes like I'm playing some kind of bootleg shadow tactics

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JK Simmons punted my girlfriend Shadowheart off the tower roof and killed her immediately. And that's why he's the GOAT

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My evil milf escaped a nautical disaster and the rest of my party washed up dead on some shore somewhere. This game is tight lol.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wormskull posted:

My evil milf escaped a nautical disaster and the rest of my party washed up dead on some shore somewhere. This game is tight lol.

That sequence is great, spent hours yesterday playing it over and over finding new ways to gently caress it up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Act 2 ending kicked rear end but all my characters are losing their minds. Lae'Zel congratulated on finding three discs but ive only found two. Shadowheart jnterrupted a plot conversation to demand that I don't forget the thing I promised to do and I have no idea what she's talking about. I was fed up with NPCs running away from one remaining fungal zombie so I killed it and that made Dame Aylin swear revenge for it and attack me and all the harpers ganged up and killed her. Also a Harper said he felt positive about things now that Jaheira is leading them even though he was literally standing on her corpse.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 14, 2023

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’m near the end, and the elder brain is pissed off.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Wormskull posted:

lol is this the dueling boats fight with the duergar? In one game I was a berserker barbarian and yeeted every one of them off

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

[MC not even looking up from his newspaper] uhuh it's great honey

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

[MC not even looking up from his newspaper] uhuh it's great honey

I think she looks great.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im still in Act 1 and I get how Gale is obnoxious espeically to the IZ disposition but IMO he has nothing on Wyll. I cant stand Wyll. And his new Spoiler horns look terrible

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gale was the homie. Wyll joins and immediately dumps all his problems on you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't think I've used Wyll once but I appreciate having a relatively straightforward personality amidst a gaggle of super special freaks. Like in a party where two separate people have had their hearts replaced with magical bombs by divine/infernal magic it's okay if one guy is a little dull

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I keep karlach around because she's cooler than lae'zel and is one of the only characters clearly having fun being an adventurer, like you're supposed to

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

hype to be reunited with my pc this weekend. been playing on the steam deck and it’s interesting how it looks sometimes lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

I keep karlach around because she's cooler than lae'zel and is one of the only characters clearly having fun being an adventurer, like you're supposed to

Yeah, no.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
none of them have personalities, they just have backstories

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was trying out some of the origins and their cool too. Lae'zel gets a powerbottom twink companion on the space ship.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

Laezel is a funny r*tard which is the most important trait in these kinds of games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fish out of water ftmfw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lae'zel pwns. Easy favorite.