Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bethesda games have got to be the only ones where people go "i played 100 hours and it sucks and i hate it and hate you for liking it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
alright well I wasn't going to NG+ but I think I will so I can drop the broken quest in my journal that I can never otherwise be rid of

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

starfield treats islamist varuun heretic literature the same as smuggled human organs and xenowarfare tech lol

transporting my posts has been classified as a class a felony

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
going to the chunks store and asking if they have a veteran's discount.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Hootington what’s the most esoteric Fortnite collab? My vote is either El Chapulin Colorado or some character from a stupid Brandon Sanderson book (can’t remember the name)

Those 2 are good. Guggimon, Gildedguy, monopoly, or KAWS are also headscratchers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

alright well I wasn't going to NG+ but I think I will so I can drop the broken quest in my journal that I can never otherwise be rid of

im pretty sure this is one of the major reasons they did ng+

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Frosted Flake posted:

Not being able to craft ammo is criminal.

there’s a mod that lets you craft ammonia. it’s fair

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

bethesda games have got to be the only ones where people go "i played 100 hours and it sucks and i hate it and hate you for liking it"

no GGGggamers do with halos or cods or train simulators or binding of Isaac and paradox games. actually paradox might be worse

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

there’s a mod that lets you craft ammonia. it’s fair

im crafting ammonia with my colon as we speak

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Oldest Man posted:

transporting my posts has been classified as a class a felony

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

some of the complaints are so adjunct to the reality i live in i cant even start to crack them. now the colors are wrong????

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Popy posted:

I live the mod free lifestyle

Remember just say no to mods

ban this sick filth

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

im crafting ammonia with my colon as we speak

lmao. I swear IOS autocorrect has gotten way loving worse the past couple of years

also app seems to autocorrect after hitting post

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I bought 200 shells for my coach gun at the beginning of the game and I haven’t dipped below 200 yet.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

my bony fealty posted:

one of my fondest gamer memories - losing my poo poo over this screenshot. the possibilities seemed endless. what if Morrowind, but your sword strikes actually hit every time? and you had a horse?

:same: that screenshot in particular. And the Radiant AI hype, woah people on actual schedules that would move around on their own and travel to other places? I only played Morrowind a year before it came out too so the prospect of MW but better was appealing.

The radiant AI didn't pan out, but I was a teenager and it was a game and I really liked it. I mean, my handle here and everywhere else from 2005 on is skooma.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Starfield’s environmental storytelling keeps surprising me. Was Skyrim’s this good?

the lady had a tusk under her bed

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Al! posted:

some of the complaints are so adjunct to the reality i live in i cant even start to crack them. now the colors are wrong????

Dark black colors look bad, things tend to be more of a washed out grey than a black color. But that's it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Space-Chintu, you son of a bitch!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Srice posted:

there's a certain kind of gamer that gets their rocks off by being the person to hate a thing the most

This is a cottage industry on Youtube.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
beat AC6 (NG). went with carla over ayre. the last boss was hard as gently caress, basically balteus mk II. I suffered the fromsoft curse where I got it to a tenth of its hp before dying on the first try and then not even coming close for 2 hours. I only got the kill because my missile finished it off a moment before its body doubles hit me. I'm really not sure what's the "right" way to beat it, couldn't dodge the sword attacks for the life of me.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

lol somebody stuff morrowind through the nvidia ray tracing ai thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OgXkioOBBo

gently caress yeah

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
oh hey if you open a twitch stream for 30 mins you can get an ENDLESS Dungeon beta key. the original game was an underrated coop game, hope this one is good

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

or you know the giant mural with walk-brass in the sky temple. Or the thieves guild quest has you assassinate an otherwise innocent altmer.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

my emissarys voice changed mid runthru lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Lpzie posted:

my emissarys voice changed mid runthru lol

it's called puberty guy it happens to all of us

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

wow the big UC hard decision guy was an insane war criminal. Who would have thunk.

I will still support them, because I'm no traitor.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

whys he wearing uggs?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:drat:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hell yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I gotta cowboy up and work on ac6 some more this weekend. I feel like once I get over that act 1 hurdle it'll start clicking

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Hootington posted:

He was very hands on with the background story and trying to tie everything together. The last year everything has kind of fallen apart.

maybe they can get the ready player one guy to take over

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I gotta cowboy up and work on ac6 some more this weekend. I feel like once I get over that act 1 hurdle it'll start clicking

yeah same, it's so good. people always described the other armored core games as being very fiddly mech optimizing games, but it seems like you just have to be good at virtual on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Schmoe Cwead posted:

maybe they can get the ready player one guy to take over

The story people don't control the collab stuff. They just get told to work it in.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMo1SUTal8

lol ok this is actually p awesome

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Al! posted:

yeah same, it's so good. people always described the other armored core games as being very fiddly mech optimizing games, but it seems like you just have to be good at virtual on

as someone who grew up playing them yeah, pretty much every mission required an almost perfect design or you would run out of ammo/die and have to start all over

this game is way less spammy on the trash mobs and plays much smoother (armored core games had tank controls until like 2011) so this is the perfect point to step in

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I appreciate that the checkpoint system in ac6 is so generous

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also the deepest, darkest secret of ac6 is its a sequel to 4/4A, 5, and verdict day. the closed plan in 4A worked and following the events of verdict day, humanity went interstellar. but since this is armored core the corps immediately seized a great deal of control on the colonization efforts until rubicon was discovered and everything stopped for the new gold rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Al! posted:

In AC4A the stagger system was things hitting your mech hard enough to throw it off balance so you had to do things like attach weights to your arms or legs or w/e in order to maintain your center of mass or asjust it so you can go faster or fall over less easily

AC6 is basically the ps1 games again in comparison