Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

univbee posted:

There is no PS4 version of MK1 at all.

Oh poo poo thought there was lmao yesssss two ps5 discs lets gooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

Never stop moving.

haveblue posted:

Melee while airborne if possible

Got it. Launching it, one of the games I really wanted after getting a PS5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

njsykora posted:

I'm always happy when a game has a designated dipshit.

Erend is one of the toppest lads, and if I could form a three man party like you can ins Mass Effect, I would go round and do every mission with Aloy, Erend and Talanah.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Lmao yess!!! YES!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMo1SUTal8

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like Erend because he's also pretty self-loathing, which adds an element of sadness to his general buffoonery.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Arist posted:

hell yeah

This is good. The ps5 controller is fantastic. Even the default vibration feedback is nice

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Imagine if instead of pouring money into some superfluous TV show they instead used to it creat factions 2 :unsmigghh:

Neil wanted to give us Factions 2, but Bungie told Jim Ryan that it wouldn't be a very good GaaS title, so we can't have it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo that owns

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I got a copy of Returnal, pristine condition for 20€ from a coworker that played the first 10 mins and shelved it.

I'm stopping every other videogame I'm playing and starting this. Any advice?

I think the tutorial explains this but just in case you miss it like I did - you can safely dash through any* projectile attack that isn't purple in colour.

*I may be a little wrong on that, perhaps there are some attacks that aren't purple that can't be dashed through but try it out in any case - dashing through projectiles often works better than trying to dash away from or around them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

homewrecker posted:

I think the tutorial explains this but just in case you miss it like I did - you can safely dash through any* projectile attack that isn't purple in colour.

*I may be a little wrong on that, perhaps there are some attacks that aren't purple that can't be dashed through but try it out in any case - dashing through projectiles often works better than trying to dash away from or around them.

Yeah I'm dark souling through proyectiles like a bullet hell game. Loving it so far and died a bunch. I miss a back button attachment for my dualsense or letting me play with my DS4+back buttons to have dodge/jumping on better buttons but I guess I'll try some rebinding.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homewrecker posted:

That's accurate, you can pass through anything that isn't purple if your dodge iframes match up (some attacks just make this harder than others). Purple attacks do not respect iframes at all and you will always take damage even if you're mid-dodge when you touch them

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQeghkYTZ4

Wishlisted this one right away.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is something so weird about being in the era of Splatoon-inspired shooters.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

There is something so weird about being in the era of Splatoon-inspired shooters.

It's giving me more bust a move vibes but in 3d. I hope I can convince my wife to coop it with me!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

exquisite tea posted:

I like Erend because he's also pretty self-loathing, which adds an element of sadness to his general buffoonery.

They flanderised him too much for this game. He was solid ally in HZD.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Keep thinking about how good AC6 is. Gets better every time I play it. I won’t stop till I am John “Armored” Core.

Radio Games forum will rue the day he did not play it - which is every day until he does

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
After playing all mk games back to back, i finally got to mk11 aftermath story mode which i havent done yet and ive said it before and ill drat well say again, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is the prime best casting forever and always as shang tsung. He's even better here than he was in the 95 movie. Just the way he acts when fujin is like "are you going to betray us, sorceror?" And shang is like :smuggo: would i do that...? :smuggo: so loving good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The MK movie gave us basically the pitch-perfect Kano and Shang Tsung and they're going to be chasing that basically forever. Honestly Johnny Cage too.

How mysterious the sequel which features none of them is absolute unfiltered garbage.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Aipsh posted:

Keep thinking about how good AC6 is. Gets better every time I play it. I won’t stop till I am John “Armored” Core.

Radio Games forum will rue the day he did not play it - which is every day until he does

it is so good

i am about 75% done with S ranks, hope to get it done this weekend

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For those who think BG3 is generous with its autosaves I just realised it hadn’t saved for over 90 minutes

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've put something like 1 hour and a half on Returnal today and enjoying it though progress is limited on the starting area and I did the "avenge" thing on a corpse ans spawned an enemy way too powerful for me loving a run.

I read the in game recommendation about using 3D headphones and yeah, the sound is fantastic and turned on (and on mac) both trigger thing ans vibration on the dualsense and now I get these features, not so much with Demon's Souls remastered that was fighting against me instead.

Great game, it keeps me engaged and I stopped playing anything else completely.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Returnal is incredibly good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Returnal is so good and it definitely has the best use of 3D audio and haptics in any PS5 game so far

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Issaries posted:

They flanderised him too much for this game. He was solid ally in HZD.

Yeah, the more distance I get from HFW, the more disappointed I feel with it. Las Vegas was wonderful, and I liked the gradual build of Aloy and Beta’s relationship but otherwise in hindsight, it feels like a bit of a dud and didn’t inspire me to pickup the DLC this time round.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The end of biome 4 is an all time game moment

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Only bummer for me and returnal is that I got on a streak and beat the last few biomes on my first go, so I didn’t get to use a lot of the neat devices and shortcuts I painfully looked forward to.

But yeah I absolutely loved it all in all.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

triple sulk posted:

The end of biome 4 is an all time game moment

That was the biome I died most in by far but it was so worth it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, I'm just surprised there wasn't a ton of laser tag themed shooters popping up at any point. Especially with how popular Star Wars is.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

RareAcumen posted:

Honestly, I'm just surprised there wasn't a ton of laser tag themed shooters popping up at any point. Especially with how popular Star Wars is.

More so than laser tag, it’s also a cool take on objective based shooters. Go out and make this entire map a huge mess of awesome neon colors is very satisfying and lets you change your gameplay experience through the weapons you use. Sometimes I would just go paint rolling and enjoy filling in the map without stressing much, sometimes I go for shooty guns. Reminds me of how much I loved overwatch before it got ruined by literally everyone involved.

It’s biggest problems were rooted in Nintendo never wanting to have decent online infrastructure in 2023. Joining a party, staying in it and talking with friends without getting disconnected due to errors were all pains.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I love splatoon and games like it because I’ve been struggling with games with realistic violence for a couple years so I am cool with more in that genre

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Definitely. The art style and music make it really fun and chill compared to how stressful online shooters can feel.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Picked up Jedi Survivor on sale and Im about 6 hrs in, once you get past the fairly generic intro the game is a lot of fun, enjoying exploring Koboh, feels like everything is much improved from the first game.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

AcidCat posted:

Picked up Jedi Survivor on sale and Im about 6 hrs in, once you get past the fairly generic intro the game is a lot of fun, enjoying exploring Koboh, feels like everything is much improved from the first game.

I’m a bit jelly you get it to play it fresh with the latest performance patch. We suffered for your enjoyment.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Absolutely. That game needed way more time in the oven.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

univbee posted:

There is no PS4 version of MK1 at all.

Which makes no sense at all, after all there is a Switch version...

They are leaving money on the table for sure, but hey, this is the PS5 thread, so LETS GO!!!!

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Kind of unimpressed with the likeness but cool nonetheless

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

XtraSmiley posted:

Which makes no sense at all, after all there is a Switch version...

They are leaving money on the table for sure, but hey, this is the PS5 thread, so LETS GO!!!!

We've reached the point of the next gen releases where developers are starting to drop support for last gen. Both of the next gen consoles are almost three years old at this point.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

We've reached the point of the next gen releases where developers are starting to drop support for last gen. Both of the next gen consoles are almost three years old at this point.

Yeah, but if that was really the case there wouldn't be a Switch version. If you're going to bother making a lesser version for that, might as well just port that to the 100+ million PS4 user base.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Isn’t the Switch version a streaming solution? I guess you could do the same for the PS4, but still…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I know I said Death's Door was sort of a Zelda-like but then they literally gave me a hookshot :laffo:

Its pretty good though, it feels nice and breezy to be only five hours in and over halfway done with a game

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I’m a bit jelly you get it to play it fresh with the latest performance patch. We suffered for your enjoyment.

lol this is exactly why I'm waiting, but as soon as it hits $40 or less...