Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Okay that makes sense. I'm glad it was just the way the game is. I'm just extremely blood thirsty and want deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Sankis posted:

Okay that makes sense. I'm glad it was just the way the game is. I'm just extremely blood thirsty and want deaths.

To be fair, you didn't miss out on much. That wouldn't have been a particularly bloody death.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
James :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah RIP
https://twitter.com/jimmybuffett/status/1697853740752179630?s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What the hell?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

surrounded by his music makes it sound like they blasted five or six of his singles at once from different corners of the room

RIP tho

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
last call for Boat Drinks 😔

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Well that gives me a real case of the Mondays

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31Dh89Amk0

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
really seemed like the kind of guy who would die at age 92 or something

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

When in the hell did that happen?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Warbird posted:

When in the hell did that happen?

Episode 515, in June 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

El Jeffe posted:

Episode 515, in June 2020

a fever dream of an episode

it was great

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Sivart13 posted:

really seemed like the kind of guy who would die at age 92 or something

Jimmy Buffett dying of a rare skin cancer feels like a dark turn from the writers' room, tbh.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
If you ask the druid in Baldur's Gate III whether he has any hobbies he says he enjoys carving wooden ducks.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Modern Leper posted:

Jimmy Buffett dying of a rare skin cancer feels like a dark turn from the writers' room, tbh.

I figured he'd had cancer or something else terminal when it was mentioned that he'd taken an unannounced medically-related detour to Boston after leaving the Bahamas for his home base

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Huntington Mayor says he plans to file to run for Governor of W.Va. https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/04/huntington-mayor-says-he-plans-file-run-governor-wva/

Will the brothers be kingmakers???
no

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

External Organs posted:

Huntington Mayor says he plans to file to run for Governor of W.Va. https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/04/huntington-mayor-says-he-plans-file-run-governor-wva/

Will the brothers be kingmakers???
no

The boys threw an illegal parade and he didn't even try to declare martial law. Obviously he lacks the strength of a true leader.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
If the recent other McElroy election proved, the ability to put up with the boys translates directly to… losing horribly.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Today's Munch Squad was wild and a welcome change from the usual "new holiday donut" stuff.

But not as wild as the return of Les Mis birthday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zero One posted:

But not as wild as the return of Les Mis birthday.

I'm a curmudgeon as I felt that was the worst audience "question" and I worried the kid was about to have a goddamn meltdown just standing there.

Just a grumpy old sack of poo poo, me.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I loved it, she was clearly immensely nervous but I thought it was endearing and it seemed like the audience did too. She got an ovation!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

It's tough being a minor celebrity in a tiny online niche community.

I would know,having been a minor celebrity in a very tiny online niche community.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Every time MBMBAM starts to win back some good will with me they release a live show

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

grittyreboot posted:

Every time MBMBAM starts to win back some good will with me they release a live show

This one's a got a real strong second half.

History is watching, White Castle.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they released this instead of trying to record given their recent loss

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

I wonder if they released this instead of trying to record given their recent loss

Monday was a federal holiday lol

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I used to go to live shows but found them a bit too much -- particularly the TAZ ones where they get an applause for almost every line. I'm happy for the crowd that's loving the show, truly, but it feels weird just finding a thing 'nice' when people next to you are having what looks like a religious experience.

At least they've sort of worked out how to navigate the audience questions knowing there's that much fervor in the crowd.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They also had live shows on Thursday and Friday in Seattle and were at PAX West on Friday and Saturday.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a mid-30s dad, I appreciate them taking an audience question from a father of three in this latest live ep. Sometimes an audience question will come from someone in high school or college and I'll wonder if I am too old to engage with this show anymore.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

C-Euro posted:

As a mid-30s dad, I appreciate them taking an audience question from a father of three in this latest live ep. Sometimes an audience question will come from someone in high school or college and I'll wonder if I am too old to engage with this show anymore.

lol.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

C-Euro posted:

If you are a mid-30s dad you might actually be too young to relate to the mcelroys

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Uje-mulKQ

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Today's TAZ has one heck of an intro

Edit: Travis says a thing a few minutes before the episode ends and it feels like a sentiment many listeners have had, then Justin drops a bombshell.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 7, 2023

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
BDG is live on twitch looking for the NPC he voiced in Starfield.

https://www.twitch.tv/briandavidgilbert

To raise money for striking actors and writers who need financial assistance.

Edit: A very BDG stream:

Zero One fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 7, 2023

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I haven't watched any old monster factories in a very long time, but I was cooking with ham and randomly remembered one of their characters doing something along the lines of swallowing the word "ham" and then no one could say it for a week

I remember that line being stupidly funny, what episode was it from? There are 85 videos on that playlist and I can't for the life of me remember, one of you has to have seen it recently enough to know

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

flesh dance posted:

I haven't watched any old monster factories in a very long time, but I was cooking with ham and randomly remembered one of their characters doing something along the lines of swallowing the word "ham" and then no one could say it for a week

I remember that line being stupidly funny, what episode was it from? There are 85 videos on that playlist and I can't for the life of me remember, one of you has to have seen it recently enough to know

I think that might be Final Pam?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

flesh dance posted:

I don’t remember exactly which one it was but I know for a fact the joke you are talking about was in reference to Brock Lesnar, so it was almost certainly one of the wrestling ones. Those are all fantastic so I’d say just watch all of those until you find it.

EDIT: Actually my fuzzy memory is telling me this might have been an MBMBaM bit.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Why so much content?!

A wrestling one does sound likely, maybe I'll check those out again. At any rate, it was a funny thing to remember out of nowhere and gave me a decent laugh

e: vvvvvv lol this isn't the bit I'm thinking of, but it's still great

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujw6B7JUnIA

This is the mbmbam ham bit I remember