Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

No that's us. We have to watch the simpsons after all

There's more than enough suffering to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
If every episode of the Simpsons was one day in their lives, then Bart and Lisa have to be in their early 20s by now right?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I believe even an episode 15 years or so ago addressed this with regards to Maggie.

And of course “Simpsons did it” but I think an earlier South Park episode did, too.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

davidspackage posted:

SO! You like Simpsons, eh?

Well!

Have 35 seaons of them! Ahahahaha!!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
have any of you actually known someone that actively watches new Simpsons? Clearly they exist, but I'm very curious what kind of person that is because I've yet to encounter one firsthand.

Jhordhynne
Jan 12, 2010

people like alcoholics, the unemployable, angry loners...

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jhordhynne posted:

people like alcoholics, the unemployable, angry loners...

I don't watch new Simpsons, not sure why you're pointing the finger at me.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I was afraid my son would want to watch it when we got Disney+ (we got it when he was in preschool.

The banner shows the Simpsons all the time. Been a couple years now I think. Not once has he even asked about it. Simply does not give a gently caress.

So proud of him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Glottis posted:

have any of you actually known someone that actively watches new Simpsons? Clearly they exist, but I'm very curious what kind of person that is because I've yet to encounter one firsthand.

No. I make sure to stick to the golden years of seasons 18-26

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

davidspackage posted:

SO! You like Simpsons, eh?

Well!

Have 35 seaons of them! Ahahahaha!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what about the other 10 seasons

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A bunch of people are making the case that the Simpsons are good again and there's a "renaissance" with the new season. There's new writers allowed to try new things, etc. However, fool me twice...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

The math understander has logged on.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

What indeeed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dialhforhero posted:

I was afraid my son would want to watch it when we got Disney+ (we got it when he was in preschool.

The banner shows the Simpsons all the time. Been a couple years now I think. Not once has he even asked about it. Simply does not give a gently caress.

So proud of him.

The "it is too late mother, I have seen everything" meme of this writes itsefl

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

New Simpsons loving rules. Of course by New Simpsons I mean the Simpsons meme thread. The actual show? Never heard of it.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cocaine Bear posted:

New Simpsons loving rules. Of course by New Simpsons I mean the Simpsons meme thread. The actual show? Never heard of it.

There's a front page Simpsons?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I tried to watch a newish episode of The Simpsons and Marge sounds like she's 120 years old

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Inceltown posted:

I don't watch new Simpsons, not sure why you're pointing the finger at me.

3 fingers

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

credburn posted:

I tried to watch a newish episode of The Simpsons and Marge sounds like she's 120 years old

Yeah they really need to let Julie Kavner retire before she coughs up blood and keels over in the recording booth

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RatHat posted:

Yeah they really need to let Julie Kavner retire before she coughs up blood and keels over in the recording booth

This is true for half the Simpsons cast.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RatHat posted:

2 years from now:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

2 years from now:

Potato gun was right there.

"I just think they're WARRRBLLGGGGRR"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Bread Zeppelin posted:

If every episode of the Simpsons was one day in their lives, then Bart and Lisa have to be in their early 20s by now right?

There are 750 episodes, so no. Bart would be like 12?

RatHat posted:

Didn't stop them with Doris Grau.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Simpsons really is the odd one out in main cast keeps on ticking. KotH had two major roles die a while ago and lost Dale just recently and I think Jon Lovitz, smasher of Andy dick, is the only surviving member of the critic.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Milo and POTUS posted:

Simpsons really is the odd one out in main cast keeps on ticking. KotH had two major roles die a while ago and lost Dale just recently and I think Jon Lovitz, smasher of Andy dick, is the only surviving member of the critic.

Jon Lovitz, Dick smasher

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think Jon Lovitz, smasher of Andy dick, is the only surviving member of the critic.

You've got Jay, his sister Margo, both his parents, Alice, and the incomparable Maurice LaMarche (who voiced a ton of characters) still alive.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Take that, Guernica!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Baron von Eevl posted:

You've got Jay, his sister Margo, both his parents, Alice, and the incomparable Maurice LaMarche (who voiced a ton of characters) still alive.

No duke, no dorris, no marty. Still I see the point

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Great marketing pics, DQ

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Sorry what

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I like the peanut veins.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Love that the example pic is distressingly oriented to look like it's about to spill all the f over you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CJacobs posted:

Love that the example pic is distressingly oriented to look like it's about to spill all the f over you.

It also looks like there's a hot dog in there, which is not very common with ice cream.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Philippe posted:

It also looks like there's a hot dog in there, which is not very common with ice cream.

speak for yourself

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Philippe posted:

never dipped your hot dog in a frosty?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I should call her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Wintermutant posted:

Great marketing pics, DQ

they're like the fleshlight marketing pictures that show you the textures inside