Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
hm how will we really establish this guy as a singles star and try to differentiate him from his brother

oh I know, what if his theme sounds like a worse version of their tag team theme and he does all the same catchphrases but adds "its just me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1700202194681610289
https://twitter.com/KeepItFiveStar/status/1698081859215757555?t=L39KO8ZWptyd7bEh6_UrmA&s=19

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

hell yeah bring cm punk back I feel like he still has one additional level of melting down left in him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk still needs to get into a fight with brock lesnar backstage perhaps even triple h himself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cm punk still needs to get into a fight with brock lesnar backstage

oh man please let me watch

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Send the Legend Killer Baron Corbin after Punk

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
send CM Punk to NXT and let nature take its course

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am grateful for Mikey Ruckus most days, but especially this day.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Looking at all the people in the replies talking about how much they love that song makes me wonder if these people only consume music through WWE Theme Songs....

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Drakkel posted:

Looking at all the people in the replies talking about how much they love that song makes me wonder if these people only consume music through WWE Theme Songs....

Just like how they only consume wrestling through WWE.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Send the Legend Killer Baron Corbin after Punk

no gold medal, he’s immune

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Just like how they only consume cinema through WWE.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Drakkel posted:

Not surprising. Look at the endless parade of clowns who jump up to proclaim that Uncle Howdy was scarier than any horror movie they've ever seen and the loving Bloodline poo poo was better than any movie.

Vince has truly created an audience of Vinces. A population of "why would I want to go watch a comedian, we have Ezio right here in the WWE"s.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Digital Jedi posted:

He should be only allowed to be on Main Event
Stevie Night Heat ruled tho

Actually so would Jey wrestling Tozawa or Noam Darr or Crews on Main Event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says they added time to Drew McIntyre's deal because of his hiatus, it now doesn't expire until around Mania time

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says they added time to Drew McIntyre's deal because of his hiatus, it now doesn't expire until around Mania time
lol they're definitely not shaken up by All In being bigger than Wrestlemania

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can imagine Punk getting signed, then going up to Seth because of that video where he calls him a cancer and going "do we have a loving problem?" and then getting fired and/or beat up because Seth seems like a pretty popular guy backstage.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

lol they're definitely not shaken up by All In being bigger than Wrestlemania

To be fair to WWE, they've done this lovely think for a lot longer than just All In, hell, even before AEW existed. It's an awful company that will fire you for any reason they want but won't let you leave if you're unhappy.

Hmmmmm, weird that me being fair to WWE is just me making GBS threads on their policy for being standard rather than a panicked decision.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

WWE refused to release Mustafa Ali for like 4 years while at the same time firing like 12 randomly selected people every other week the whole time so yeah, they have to do everything in the pettiest way possible for no discernable reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

are they trying to run la knight into the ground? feeling like overexposure is going to sour the crowd a little bit.

It actually looks like they're setting up a slow burn to Knight vs Roman, which, if it's him winning the Rumble and being the one to beat Roman instead of Cody, will make me laugh for days.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair to WWE, they've done this lovely think for a lot longer than just All In, hell, even before AEW existed. It's an awful company that will fire you for any reason they want but won't let you leave if you're unhappy.

Hmmmmm, weird that me being fair to WWE is just me making GBS threads on their policy for being standard rather than a panicked decision.

I mean, it can be both. In fact, with WWE it can be every and any reason imaginable, as long as they are generally horrid, undermining the basic assumption of human dignity, or pleasing one or the other member of a fascist regime around the globe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

It actually looks like they're setting up a slow burn to Knight vs Roman, which, if it's him winning the Rumble and being the one to beat Roman instead of Cody, will make me laugh for days.

Knight will be penciled in to beat Roman, except on the morning of the match, The Rock will tweet "Is today Wrestlemania?" and then WWE will have Roman win in hopes that The Rock will come back next year.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Honestly, If the strikes are still going on and they can't The Rock to appear at Mania, it's not worth bothering. He'll likely be booked up with film shoots for a few years around that time. Not sure when they'll induct him in the HOF in that case.

I would prefer a final match at some point at least since squashing Eric Rowan doesn't seem appropriate for his stature. Then again, Bruno's last match was a tag team match with Hogan.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Island Nation posted:

Honestly, If the strikes are still going on and they can't The Rock to appear at Mania, it's not worth bothering. He'll likely be booked up with film shoots for a few years around that time. Not sure when they'll induct him in the HOF in that case.

I would prefer a final match at some point at least since squashing Eric Rowan doesn't seem appropriate for his stature. Then again, Bruno's last match was a tag team match with Hogan.

lol who gives a poo poo about The Rock's last match anymore? It's abundantly clear he will be back eventually. It's honestly pretty pathetic of both Vince and The Rock how they are playing around with the expectations around the match against Roman; it's going to loving happen. Maybe not next year, or the year after, but it will happen and there will be a million lovely ads for it when it does, trying to convince everybody that this was actually worth the wait.

And then five years after The Rock will have a five-second squash against Doink's grandson and die five days later, who loving cares?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The way Rock is tanking his career he’ll be back pretty fast.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i feel for the rock. its gotta be really hard to think you're gonna be president and fight superman and then end up not doing either of those things

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That DICK! posted:

i feel for the rock. its gotta be really hard to think you're gonna be president and fight superman and then end up not doing either of those things

Or worse, doing any of those things at this specific point in time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I’ve never understood why Roman has to keep his streak going until he beats the Rock too, like he couldnt just have that match anyways and/or lose & regain the title for it. They made Goldberg champ for Mania in an instant why couldnt they just do that again for either Rock or Roman on one of the road to wrestlemania shows?

Like let’s say he keeps the title until this coming Mania, beats the Rock, and then they’re exactly where they are now as far as the title is concerned.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

forkboy84 posted:

I'm not sure how you can be fair to WWE and cite how poorly they've treated independent contractors that can be fired at any time, unless they ask for their release in which they're trapped for months to years longer out of spite.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tweak posted:

I’ve never understood why Roman has to keep his streak going until he beats the Rock too, like he couldnt just have that match anyways and/or lose & regain the title for it. They made Goldberg champ for Mania in an instant why couldnt they just do that again for either Rock or Roman on one of the road to wrestlemania shows?

Like let’s say he keeps the title until this coming Mania, beats the Rock, and then they’re exactly where they are now as far as the title is concerned.

How else are you supposed to know that Roman Reigns is the greatest WWE Superstar of All Time?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

But... he's not gonna beat the Rock?

Like, are you crazy?

He's gonna have his streak broken, by the Rock.

So they can have another match, at next Wrestlemania. For revenge.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

But... he's not gonna beat the Rock?

Like, are you crazy?

He's gonna have his streak broken, by the Rock.

So they can have another match, at next Wrestlemania. For revenge.

You can’t that it wouldn’t be more epic than a stinky Sami reign

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think Rock is coming back and I never have and I think it even less the more time passes cause the dude is in his drat 50s and tore a pec every time he wrestled a decade ago.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Sami can be champion at whatever events there are that aren't necessary to build up for the inevitable Rock-Reigns-rematch to the inevitable first Rock-Reigns-Finally-Once-In-A-Lifetime-Episode I match. He will simply hand over the belts during a commercial break on Raw when the time comes and then proceed to beat Dolph Ziggler in handicap tag matches with Kevin Owens.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Like, seriously, hands up: Who is going to be hyped when The Rock drops the first hints that he has finally

FINALLY

COME BACK

to fight roman reigns

If you felt even the slightest rush imagining even current-day The Rock saying that in the middle of a WWE ring, you know that he is coming back.

MJeff posted:

I don't think Rock is coming back and I never have and I think it even less the more time passes cause the dude is in his drat 50s and tore a pec every time he wrestled a decade ago.

Age and match quality is not going to stop him or WWE from eventually doing this, like come on!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I did find it funny when I realised Cena working a bunch of shows over the next couple of months is basically his version of working at Starbucks during the strike.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MJeff posted:

Yeah. Yeah. Rock's never coming back. He couldn't even be assed to send in a pre-tape when they dedicated an entire month and a PPV to him.

Dude is never coming back to the WWE and he's never fighting Roman. Period.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

His last canonical wrestling appearance being on Impact is pretty funny tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Invalid Validation posted:

I'm not sure if it makes it more or less likely.

When he first came back his career was fine but it wasn't in the stratosphere and going back to the WWE absolutely helped. Then he was huge in Hollywood and he'd pop in now and then for fun and play the whole magnanimous "remembering where I came from" card.

Now that there's cracks showing in his career I don't know if going back to rasslin would create the right perception for his Brand.