Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only thing I know about The Nun 2 is that it opens with the New Line Cinema logo, so you can leave after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I caught the end of The Rage: Carrie 2 on tv today and I have a new candidate for absolute worst end credits song

https://youtu.be/_7DKEMoChJ4?si=ElWoPbrfH7PkAP-R

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Phy posted:

Does he whistle far and wee?

No, but he does impale a child who is apparently fine moments afterwards.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I caught the end of The Rage: Carrie 2 on tv today and I have a new candidate for absolute worst end credits song

To me the most jarring is always The Prestige. It's not a bad song, it's just so jarring in a period piece that contains only score otherwise, and does not at all tonally follow what happens right before.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Spooky Adjacent 90s romcom Simply Irresistible ends with an acoustic rap version of Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered, that’s my top choice

https://youtu.be/xmX8U2v2mdE?si=5CdGRMRy6qBrovQ_

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I forgot which film it was, but it had the worst cover version ever of Dragula playing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

M_Sinistrari posted:

I forgot which film it was, but it had the worst cover version ever of Dragula playing.

Oh poo poo what movie was that. It was a slow version of Dragula. drat it now I can't remember it either.

The internet tells me it is Haunt and it is loving awful.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

Oh poo poo what movie was that. It was a slow version of Dragula. drat it now I can't remember it either.

It must have been in something else too because I remember making fun of it here and I haven't seen that one

E: apparently that was it, but looking at Haunt it's definitely possible I saw it and forgot

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 9, 2023

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Opopanax posted:

It must have been in something else too because I remember making fun of it here and I haven't seen that one

Yea it was in the other thread people were not happy with it

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I bring one piece of good news about The Nun 2: There is a goatman. An honest-to-god goatman.

Otherwise, it's exactly what you expect, including the two best jumpscares being in the trailer.

Maybe a minority opinion, but I thought the first movie was Fine as a major-studio throwback to Italian and British horror. This was mostly dull, though I give it points for throwing everything at the wall for the finale

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Nun 1 had some cool colored lighting and old fashioned spooky foggy sets.

Also that one jump scare from the trailer is genuinely great.

No comment on the rest of the film.

I'm going to watch Nun 2 because I love stupid trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just don’t like the conjuring spin off monsters. The first two are fun because Wan knows how to do fun spooky movies and Patrick and Vera are just great…but the nun is just really bland and I hate everything about Annabelle’s design

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I saw Nun 2 this morning. Definitely surprised by the popular opinion on Letterboxd being "better than the first one", I think the opposite. First one was atmospheric, this one its best moments got spoiled for me in the trailer except for the ending, which was silly in a way I liked but wasn't enough to tip me into liking the film overall too

Did get to preorder my Exorcist tickets too though, :hellyeah:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t trust DDG any more with horror movies. So I probably won’t see it.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'll watch it because everyone ITT will be talking about it and I want to have an informed opinion when I talk about why it's TRASH

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My sister brought me back this Hello Kitty / Child’s Play plush today

dorium fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 9, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just finished a rewatch tonight with a friend, Halloween Ends moving up to my top 10 of last year, even better than last time :woop: Definitely in my top 3 of the series (original and Season of the Witch. Was debatably top 4 before the rewatch, but 2 has been surpassed for sure now). Gordon Green just gets it completely, in a way that keeps surprising me even after a full year of thinking about and loving it

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hollismason posted:

It still can't be as bad as when someone put Dragula through the Swingifier.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Cinema Discusso › The Horror Thread : People love stabbing.

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Everyone says this right up until it's them getting stabbed. Then suddenly I'm the bad guy. Excuse me for just giving the people what they want.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Someone say Dragula?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Upzye9Ctw

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I saw there's a new series called The Changeling. Is that a modern remake of the classic? Or just a stolen title

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

I saw there's a new series called The Changeling. Is that a modern remake of the classic? Or just a stolen title

based on a novel of the same name, unrelated to the film.

Watched 100 Monsters last night, which was very up my alley. Can't wait to check out the other two.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ambitious Spider posted:

Watched 100 Monsters last night, which was very up my alley. Can't wait to check out the other two.
They're a lot of fun! The second one is my favorite but they're all so different that I could see any one of them argued as the best.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Medullah posted:

It was a term for a few centuries before the movie came out

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Opopanax posted:

It was a term for a few centuries before the movie came out

Yeah I know, was just curious and didn't want to Google it to avoid spoilers.

I watched the first episode and liked it. I fuckin love Lakeith.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chris James 2 posted:

I saw Nun 2 this morning. Definitely surprised by the popular opinion on Letterboxd being "better than the first one", I think the opposite. First one was atmospheric, this one its best moments got spoiled for me in the trailer except for the ending, which was silly in a way I liked but wasn't enough to tip me into liking the film overall too

Did get to preorder my Exorcist tickets too though, :hellyeah:

First one is shot on location, no way the second is better.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I am so ready for the season.

And the Monster cereals are on the shelves by me. There is a new addition so we'll see how that one is.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sae this dude at Costco

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Esqueleto de Punk Rock is a username waiting to happen.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm usually not one to decorate the house any differently outside of a few accents since I already live in a place full of cool poo poo me and my partner have on display, but this year I've got a cute ceramic pumpkin on top of our favorite movie shelf, I picked up a digital frame at a thrift store I'm gonna decorate to be all Halloween-y, and I'm thinking of getting some skeletons for the yard. I also hung up my new Nightbreed poster just in time for the ol' Two Months of Halloween. Got my lineup for next month planned out, too, and at work I'm helping plan a movie double feature and Halloween event set for Friday the 13th. We're in for a treat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I wish I had the motivation to decorate for Halloween but as I've grown older I pretty much don't have the motivation to do anything. In my mind my house is covered in spooky cobwebs and not the regular ones from not dusting

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My Haunted House was cut due to budget limitations this year.

So I will actually have some free time this October to do some Halloween stuff not on a professional level.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Medullah posted:

I wish I had the motivation to decorate for Halloween but as I've grown older I pretty much don't have the motivation to do anything. In my mind my house is covered in spooky cobwebs and not the regular ones from not dusting

Absolutely going to use this to trick my brain whenever I get frustrated from also not dusting due to exhaustion. No, that's my SPOOKY section of the floor, you see.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My brain is full of Halloween so that’s enough 😌

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

My brain is full of Halloween so that’s enough 😌

#blessed

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Medullah posted:

as I've grown older I pretty much don't have the motivation to do anything.

Finally someone who gets me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sae this dude at Costco

It's a way of life

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

M_Sinistrari posted:

gently caress yall that poo poo ruled and I laughed so hard. Haunt is a great little slasher too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Everyone says this right up until it's them getting stabbed. Then suddenly I'm the bad guy. Excuse me for just giving the people what they want.

My mom and dad are gonna be so mad at me!