Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sickening posted:

I have a loupe, calm the gently caress down. But I also have a phone on me at all times and shining a night through a magic card and seeing bright red was a first for me.

Did you try the scale? Sets tend to be relatively well grouped with weight I've found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Wrong thread

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This set should've came with a bubblegum card in the boosters.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Khanstant posted:

This set should've came with a bubblegum card in the boosters.

That’s the role token.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

rules question: last saga counter is put on and the ability of the final step of the saga goes onto the stack. can i sacrifice the saga in response before the final step has resolved (and therefore before the saga has been sacrificed to state-based actions, assuming its not one of the kamigawa flip sagas)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Mix. posted:

rules question: last saga counter is put on and the ability of the final step of the saga goes onto the stack. can i sacrifice the saga in response before the final step has resolved (and therefore before the saga has been sacrificed to state-based actions, assuming its not one of the kamigawa flip sagas)

Of course.

You could also remove a counter from the saga, which would keep it in play (The state-based sac check is counters >= final chapter and no ability of the saga is on the stack, iirc)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Archenteron posted:

Of course.

You could also remove a counter from the saga, which would keep it in play (The state-based sac check is counters >= final chapter and no ability of the saga is on the stack, iirc)

cool [immediately shoving like three sagas into my baba lysaga deck]

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

how do i red dot check my double faced cards. joking but also serious.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Archenteron posted:

Of course.

Have never actually played with Sagas except maybe limited on Arena, but this was not how I had groked them to behave

you're right though. that's exactly how Sagas work

The Gatherer posted:

Once the number of lore counters on a Saga is greater than or equal to the greatest number among its chapter abilities, the Saga’s controller sacrifices it as soon as its chapter ability has left the stack, most likely by resolving or being countered. This state-based action doesn’t use the stack. (2020-01-24)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Have never actually played with Sagas except maybe limited on Arena, but this was not how I had groked them to behave

you're right though. that's exactly how Sagas work

Once again, EDH shines for letting people learn very niche specificites of card rules (had Tom Bombadil Sagas deck for a little while)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Blood Moon killing Urza's Saga is also a relevant interaction

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://x.com/scoop_phase/status/1700615860551852532?s=46&t=6TcDRv5TsjsK9hYJMKVitA

Which goon was at this rcq?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

What? They stole my money!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kalel posted:

it's a masterpiece. I'm still lolling
it's funny because it is indeed the most toshimo thing to be such a disgusting piece of poo poo

but also he should be pilloried

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Sheldon prided himself on doing free labor for the corporation and, by extension, pressuring his peers to do likewise, lest they be replaced. He treated WotC like a charity instead of a billion dollar company. He betrayed labor to capital and stole jobs from workers.

Good riddance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
AND he banned sorin in the mtg format for idiots. dont forget that part. *spits*

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Sheldon prided himself on doing free labor for the corporation and, by extension, pressuring his peers to do likewise, lest they be replaced. He treated WotC like a charity instead of a billion dollar company. He betrayed labor to capital and stole jobs from workers.

Good riddance.

lol also at the probe being "you're completely right you're just a bit too mean"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
C Spam energy to *checks notes* the casual mtg format

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ultimately everyone's free to be an rear end, but you can't be surprised when people call you out on it. :shrug:

Do wonder if they'll rescind their policy on portraying real people on cards and put him in some upcoming commander product.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Ultimately everyone's free to be an rear end, but you can't be surprised when people call you out on it. :shrug:

Do wonder if they'll rescind their policy on portraying real people on cards and put him in some upcoming commander product.

This is a thing?
Because there is one big example every year to the contrary

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mana Crypt reprint in every new EDH product

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Mana Crypt reprint in every new MTG product

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Whine we’re dreaming I’d like to see a 0cc version of Nix. If they’re going to print unreasonably pushed pitch etbs they should also print some sort of t0 answer to them.

Guess I could put together an awful hollow one/vengevine modern deck.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

This is a thing?
Because there is one big example every year to the contrary

Oh I had it slightly wrong. Rule applies to vanity cards, mostly early creators of Magic naming things after family/friends.

https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Vanity_card

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Good riddance.

Framboise posted:

The more I've thought about this the less I'm willing to let it slide. I don't even disagree with your criticism, that good and truly sucks and you aren't wrong. But there's a time and place for that, and I'm sorry, but "Good riddance." before the man's body is even cold just hasn't been sitting well with me this afternoon/evening.

It frustrates me that you tend to post things I don't disagree with you on, but you present your thoughts with a venom that just isn't necessary or helpful to whatever cause you are trying to present. I really wish you would not do that. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toshimo prided himself on doing free labor for Jeff and, by extension, pressuring his peers to do likewise, lest they be replaced. He treated SA like a charity instead of a hundreds of dollars company. He betrayed labor to capital and stole jobs from workers.

Good riddance.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
4lOko.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m just grateful we have people around to enforce decorum here on the Something Awful forums by punishing those who aren’t properly respectful.

Framboise, thank you. 🙏

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Aphrodite posted:

Toshimo prided himself on doing free labor for Jeff and, by extension, pressuring his peers to do likewise, lest they be replaced. He treated SA like a charity instead of a hundreds of dollars company. He betrayed labor to capital and stole jobs from workers.

Good riddance.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why did the probation have to specify that the moderator was also glad that old guy who everyone seemed to like died

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

why did the probation have to specify that the moderator was also glad that old guy who everyone seemed to like died

Because the integrity of EDH > everything else

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
elder dead headman, really

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Desecrating the dead every day unti Primeval Titan is unbanned day 3: carpet bombing the menery household with copies of biorhythm

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they posted this in the commander thread so they're not actually glad about it:

Framboise posted:

I did not agree with him on much, but I can't deny that he was a good person and he cared a whole hell of a lot for commander and making a place for people who didn't feel like they fit in with other formats. Dude was responsible for forging a community that, while constantly at each others' throats, probably wouldn't exist without him, at least not in the capacity of the most popular and most fun way to play magic.

gently caress cancer, man. :smith:

i think they just didn't want the people who agree with toshimo to get super aggro at them as well, lol

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Loling about Toshimo acting super indignant about an off-color joke I made about Quinton Hoover once then posting that lmfao what a dweeb

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Judgy Fucker posted:

Loling about Toshimo acting super indignant about an off-color joke I made about Quinton Hoover once then posting that lmfao what a dweeb

quinton hoover? more like queefton hoover

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Posting, much like playing EDH, gives you brain damage. That’s why I do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Good riddance.

it's a children's card game this is all very unserious