Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bking
Dec 19, 2005

Comments: 206-495-6525
I'm on S12 E07 of my current watch-through:

quote:

Bobby is in charge of putting together a carnival at Tom Landry Middle School, but a school-appointed diversity counselor takes all of the fun out of it.

This one was pretty painful in the context of current-ish events. "Why are (some kind of people) annoying?" episodes didn't age nearly as well as Bobby getting gout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

bking posted:

This one was pretty painful in the context of current-ish events. "Why are (some kind of people) annoying?" episodes didn't age nearly as well as Bobby getting gout.

Yeah the strawman in this one gets pretty rough but I forgive it because it gave us Clark Peters singing.

Joseph, king of the school, you throw a football so far.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

My husband got one of these made for me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I drink coffee out of it every day!

And we'll put it on a mug!

ETA:

new boot goofin fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 30, 2023

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Lol

https://twitter.com/Jox_in_a_Box/status/1696590144139067567?t=AO6KQumZnVvTcjZn2YCdwQ&s=19

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

that is incredible

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bking posted:

It's basically a shittier lower stakers version of the Powderpuff episode, which wasn't great to begin with.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

When it comes to muffins, I can't help myself. I'm a muffaholic!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

bking posted:

The worst episode of the entire show if you all me. Even worse than Mrs Wakefield and Hank Fixes Everything. Though Trans Fascism is very close as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still don’t get the hate for the Mrs. Wakefield episode. But yeah, the school fair episode is easily the worst one.

Trans-Fascism isn’t very good, but it is an interesting cultural moment. American Dad had a similar episode at the time and I’m pretty sure there were one or two other cartoons with a similar trans-fat ban episode.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If Hank wasn’t made out to be the villain by all the other characters Ms. Wakefield would have been fine.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

bobjr posted:

If Hank wasn’t made out to be the villain by all the other characters Ms. Wakefield would have been fine three minutes long.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Master Twig posted:

The worst episode of the entire show if you all me. Even worse than Mrs Wakefield and Hank Fixes Everything. Though Trans Fascism is very close as well.

Trans Fascism is at least almost saved by Hanks dream sequence.

"We're liberating Europe from the Nazis, Hank."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I still don’t get the hate for the Mrs. Wakefield episode.

Really?

What parts do you like?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dale trying to get someone to die in his house and come back as a ghost to claim it's haunted is a good bit on it's own, but it only takes up a minute or so of the episode at most.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
“Can’t you see you’re not making Christianity any better? You’re just making rock & roll worse.”

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

*Ho yeah* *Ho yeah* *Ho yeah* *Ho yeah* *Ho yeah* *Ho yeah* *Ho yeah* *Ho yeah*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Really?

What parts do you like?

It's not one of my favorite episodes, I just don't see anything particularly bad about it that warrants it instantly come to mind for worst episode.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 10, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's not one of my favorite episodes, I just don't see anything particularly bad about it that warrants it instantly come to mind for worst episode.

Then which episodes are worse? I agree it's not unwatchable, very skippable but not unwatchable. But no KotH is so bad to be unwatchable.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

pixaal posted:

Then which episodes are worse? I agree it's not unwatchable, very skippable but not unwatchable. But no KotH is so bad to be unwatchable.

The doggie dancing episode is up there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Szyznyk posted:

The doggie dancing episode is up there.

what the gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Milo and POTUS posted:

what the gently caress

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Milo and POTUS posted:

what the gently caress

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Must be some confusion… they asked which episodes were WORSE than Ms Wakefield.

Not what episodes are the greatest of all time

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Accidental Terrorist is the worst episode. Hank has "his salesman" who rips him off? Well, S5E9 "Chasing Bobby" already established that he replaced his truck of 20 years at Pick-Up Truck Heaven. Where was that rip-off artist then? ???

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

sweet thursday posted:

Accidental Terrorist is the worst episode. Hank has "his salesman" who rips him off? Well, S5E9 "Chasing Bobby" already established that he replaced his truck of 20 years at Pick-Up Truck Heaven. Where was that rip-off artist then? ???

Boy, I really hope someone was fired for that asinine blunder.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Frantically searching LinkedIn for whoever was King of the Hill loremaster from that season so I can respectfully disagree with them.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The episode with the pernicious Canadian was way worse, at least the Mrs Wakefield episode has a kinda absurdist slasher movie pastiche, it had SOMETHING.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

For the Canadian episode: they get in a fight about mower brands. How did the Canadian guy get his mower? Did he haul his with him to Texas all the way from Canada? Did he buy one just to prove a point? It strains credibility.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've never been able to finish the ZZ Top reality show episode. It's just too stupid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

It is a bad episode because it makes Hank look like a moron who doesn't do any kind of research.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

It is a bad episode because it makes Hank look like a moron who doesn't do any kind of research.

I could see it going either way and Hank having a blind spot in this case. On one hand, Hank himself is a salesman and has dealt with shady sales poo poo from Thatherton so he’s be wise to the gimmicks. On the other hand, Hank’s an honest salesman, so he could absolutely get suckered in by someone putting on that appearance.

Point is moot though because of pick up truck heaven plot hole.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

why did he need to buy a new truck at all? why not just have peggy win one in the beauty contest? is he stupid?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

For the Canadian episode: they get in a fight about mower brands. How did the Canadian guy get his mower? Did he haul his with him to Texas all the way from Canada? Did he buy one just to prove a point? It strains credibility.

From the import mower dealership duh

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Lol, speaking of continuity… what happened to the white truck?

I wouldn’t mind the terrorist episode so much if it didn’t end the way it did. It’s another episode where Bobby learns the exact wrong lesson.

Dusty’s realization at the end somewhat saves the zz-top episode. Otherwise it’s just another episode where Hank takes poo poo from his dad with more family members joining in.

“Bobby, show-business is inherently evil” lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hank mentions at the end of the beauty pageant episode that it isn't actually a new truck and it was just his regular truck painted white.

I guess you're just supposed to assume he got it painted back right after.