Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/IMPmurderpros/status/1698067971795787898?s=20

Get ready for the gutpunch! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh god we're getting backstory scenes too? Oh no :negative:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

:ohdear:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:toot:

https://twitter.com/impmurderpros/status/1700062250592334081?s=46&t=2bcKfTkeUplT_fbiELqFdw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sF6ZeASU0

New episode.

Probably one of the best ones out of the whole show? The animation is maybe the best it's ever been, there's Fizz and Blitzo stuff people have been dying for, and the music is REALLY good this episode? Top notch stuff in this episode

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

That was an excellent episode! was cool to see Crimson back so soon, and the team up with Striker felt really natural.

loved seeing Blitz and Fizz reconcile :unsmith: hope that means Fizz and Osmodeus will be back again soon

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Really great episode but man I hope we see some progress with Blitzo and Stolas soon off the back of this.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I love that Fizz and Ozzie were exactly what they seemed on the surface: a loving healthy couple that actually made it work out between them in spite of the class difference. basically something Stolas and Blitzo can aspire to.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
at the rate things are going striker's going to be completely feral the next time he shows up. micah bell levels of crazy

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

at the rate things are going striker's going to be completely feral the next time he shows up. micah bell levels of crazy

Dude is increasingly losing it over the fact that it's becoming painfully obvious a lot of Hell's upper class have successful relationships with lesser demons. What I really want to know is what the hell was done to him to make him have the genuine seething grudge? Blitzo flat out calls him a supremacist and he's loving RIGHT. He wants to kill any imps that've hooked up with royalty. I also find the ending little sad in that both Ozzie and Fizz have agreed it's safer for him to always have an entourage because it's too risky for him to go out alone ever again. And truthfully while very sly and genuinely slippery Fizz is fragile physically and emotionally. He really can't handle violence very well and if Blitzo wasn't there Striker might've hurt and or killed him a fit of rage because he rambles when he's nervous.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"YOU'RE STILL ON THE HORSE THING?!"

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Just going to point out that Stolas' response to what happened in S2E4 being him recognizing the power imbalance (not in the social rank, but in the fact Stolas has control over Blitzo's livelihood) was always going to be a barrier between their getting any closer and then seeking to rememedy it was very mature on his part.

The ball is now entirely in Blitzo's court.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 9, 2023

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

Just going to point out that Stolas' response to what happened in S2E4 being him recognizing the power imbalance (not in the social rank, but in the fact Stolas has control over Blitzo's livelihood) was always going to be a barrier between their getting any closer and then seeking to rememedy it was very mature on his part.

Fizz being entirely done with Blitzo's lovely weak arguments as to why Stolas doesn't really love him was a real gem I have to say. Felt like he was channeling a good chunk of the audience in that moment.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also interesting thing I saw pointed out. It was worked out a long time ago that Striker was a hybrid, and I think most people assumed snake. And then that changed once everyone had seen the shark demons and how they have several of the same design traits as Striker. However in this episode there's snake demons, and they also share similar stuff to the sharks like the eyes. So Striker might very well be part snake demon after all

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

"YOU'RE STILL ON THE HORSE THING?!"

loving loved that part!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calling it now Fizz is going to be the key to Blitzo getting his poo poo together. If he can salvage one of his most precious old relationships he can certainly get it together for the rest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Flopsy posted:

Calling it now Fizz is going to be the key to Blitzo getting his poo poo together. If he can salvage one of his most precious old relationships he can certainly get it together for the rest.

I assume Verosika will be next up as far as that goes, and then Stolas, and then Barbie. I imagine the hardest one is going to be Barbie. It's one thing for Fizz to realize he was hurt so bad on accident, but it's a whole other thing that Blitzo's accident killed his and Barbie's mom.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I assume Verosika will be next up as far as that goes, and then Stolas, and then Barbie. I imagine the hardest one is going to be Barbie. It's one thing for Fizz to realize he was hurt so bad on accident, but it's a whole other thing that Blitzo's accident killed his and Barbie's mom.

I actually really like the direction of a bunch of these characters being initially shown as "villains" only for it to become clear down the line they're just people Blitzo hosed over who are understandably bitter about it. I really do want to see Verosika get her moment in the sun because from what little we heard about it Blitzo really did a number on the poor girl. Bad sex life, stealing from her, mocking her for her work as succubus (I mean what else is she supposed to do?) Just really nasty stuff all around. The only bad things Blitzo has to say about her are her drinking problem and her literally being a sex worker. Top it off with it being implied she developed the drinking habit as a way to cope with him and it spiraled from there.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flopsy posted:

I actually really like the direction of a bunch of these characters being initially shown as "villains" only for it to become clear down the line they're just people Blitzo hosed over who are understandably bitter about it. I really do want to see Verosika get her moment in the sun because from what little we heard about it Blitzo really did a number on the poor girl. Bad sex life, stealing from her, mocking her for her work as succubus (I mean what else is she supposed to do?) Just really nasty stuff all around. The only bad things Blitzo has to say about her are her drinking problem and her literally being a sex worker. Top it off with it being implied she developed the drinking habit as a way to cope with him and it spiraled from there.

yeah, i feel like she genuinly loved him at one point and he used the gently caress out of her and she is obviously not happy about that.

Flopsy posted:

I love that Fizz and Ozzie were exactly what they seemed on the surface: a loving healthy couple that actually made it work out between them in spite of the class difference. basically something Stolas and Blitzo can aspire to.

yeah me too. i like that ozzy and fizz are just a really chill couple, i like the ending where ozzy realizes he can just lean on his power dynamic and DARE anyone to poo poo talk him and since everyone knows anyway.

Adder Moray posted:

yeah me too. i also like that he is a weird nerd.

Oxxidation posted:

yeah i love that he is just ratigan at the end.

i also like that fizz really is just Vader but in a better head space.

i also like stolas is little "my work here is done" florish at the end.

got some of this vibe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTpl93q3Bc

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 10, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i also like stolas is little "my work here is done" florish at the end.

got some of this vibe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTpl93q3Bc
This is totally stolas

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

This is totally stolas

Difference is Stolas actually read the fine print and saved both Ozzie and Fizz a lot of suffering while dragging it out so if worse came to worse at least the terms will be fair.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Macaluso posted:

Also interesting thing I saw pointed out. It was worked out a long time ago that Striker was a hybrid, and I think most people assumed snake. And then that changed once everyone had seen the shark demons and how they have several of the same design traits as Striker. However in this episode there's snake demons, and they also share similar stuff to the sharks like the eyes. So Striker might very well be part snake demon after all

Hmm, maybe that has something to do with Striker's deep grudge. Maybe he's some noble's bastard?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

Hmm, maybe that has something to do with Striker's deep grudge. Maybe he's some noble's bastard?

Would certainly explain the bitterness if he's the illegitimate son of noble who got kicked to the curb when a "pure blooded" heir came along. Or maybe the Goetias royally hosed him over in some way.

edit: Also LOLing forever I finally stumbled across some hate reviews and they're big mad that Asmodeus didn't go on a mindless rampage and that the kidnapping was too "convenient" as a plot device. gently caress me they gonna get mad at the cartoon logic of Blitzo manifesting popcorn and soda too?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 10, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Would certainly explain the bitterness if he's the illegitimate son of noble who got kicked to the curb when a "pure blooded" heir came along. Or maybe the Goetias royally hosed him over in some way.

edit: Also LOLing forever I finally stumbled across some hate reviews and they're big mad that Asmodeus didn't go on a mindless rampage and that the kidnapping was too "convenient" as a plot device. gently caress me they gonna get mad at the cartoon logic of Blitzo manifesting popcorn and soda too?

Lol. People are still really mad that The show isn’t as edgy as THE IMP GANG DOES A COLUMBINE. Thought to be fair. I do want to see stolas wreck some fools.

Flopsy posted:

Difference is Stolas actually read the fine print and saved both Ozzie and Fizz a lot of suffering while dragging it out so if worse came to worse at least the terms will be fair.

True but I love that little ending of him watching the lawyer try to pack his poo poo, thinks for a minute and then says “lol get hosed” and bounces.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 10, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lol. People are still really mad that The show isn’t as edgy as THE IMP GANG DOES A COLUMBINE. Thought to be fair. I do want to see stolas wreck some fools.

Helluva Boss fans mad that the comedy show does jokes, more at 11 :nallears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

Helluva Boss fans mad that the comedy show does jokes, more at 11 :nallears:

I mean a lot of those people aren't even fans of the show. They're people that hate the show and hate Viv specifically that will hate watch the show just to complain about it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
More relevant than ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure Ozzie loathes having to deal with Stolas not because of personal emnity or even because demon nobility are almost certainly insufferable to the Sins but just because Stolas is just a big neeeeeerd.

Ironically the bird nerd is exactly what he needed to navigate that business transaction.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Me seeing there's a new episode out:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I mean a lot of those people aren't even fans of the show. They're people that hate the show and hate Viv specifically that will hate watch the show just to complain about it.

Actually 100% this. Which as I've said before is really...unsettling for me that people dedicate that much time and passion to hating something. Like I don't know why the idea of ignoring and watching something else never occurs or this is what makes their day. Either way ew.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Some people just hate.

The target is almost irrelevant. And, if they can get their hatred fix while pretending to be on the moral high road, that's even better.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Excited Chicken Noises is a great username.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

mycomancy posted:

Excited Chicken Noises is a great username.

It's a close second to CRITTER NOISES I gotta say.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I love Fitz and Ozzie and was thus delighted to watch a Fitz and Ozzie episode. Kind of interesting that the two demon lords we've met so far are actually nice people who want to make sure their sins are enjoyed in healthy ways. Ozzie is disgusted by the idea of a love potion (and he's right, love potions are a gross concept) because he believes lust should be all about consent and mutual pleasure, and Queen Bee loves to throw parties and indulge in food and drink, but when she sees Blitzo is acting out of control she immediately gets worried and lets Luna know she needs to have a talk with her dad.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I love Fitz and Ozzie and was thus delighted to watch a Fitz and Ozzie episode. Kind of interesting that the two demon lords we've met so far are actually nice people who want to make sure their sins are enjoyed in healthy ways. Ozzie is disgusted by the idea of a love potion (and he's right, love potions are a gross concept) because he believes lust should be all about consent and mutual pleasure, and Queen Bee loves to throw parties and indulge in food and drink, but when she sees Blitzo is acting out of control she immediately gets worried and lets Luna know she needs to have a talk with her dad.

I wonder if they're setting us up with a couple reasonable Sins who rule wisely and don't have any overarching ambitions to contrast them with much shittier ones down the line. I get the feeling Mammon is going to be an absolute rear end in a top hat just by all the shady set up around him. I.E. i strongly suspect he isolated Fizz to make him easier to control as an asset. And I don't remember what interview I heard it in but Mammon absolutely has complete control of Fizz's finances. In other words Fizzarolli lives a luxurious lifestyle only because of Ozzie not because he has any real financial means of his own. It's a genuinely sad power dynamic that as a celebrity Fizzarolli should be more of an equal to Asmodeus but by comparison he's literally a pauper because he never sees a cent of it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Actually 100% this. Which as I've said before is really...unsettling for me that people dedicate that much time and passion to hating something. Like I don't know why the idea of ignoring and watching something else never occurs or this is what makes their day. Either way ew.

Macaluso posted:

Yeah it’s loving weird. I genuinely hate how many of them hide behind morality and progressive politics to do it too.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure Ozzie loathes having to deal with Stolas not because of personal emnity or even because demon nobility are almost certainly insufferable to the Sins but just because Stolas is just a big neeeeeerd.

Ironically the bird nerd is exactly what he needed to navigate that business transaction.

Yeah. Ozzie is like an avatar of sin and the boss of a ring. Stolas is like the 7th son of a bird daemon version of the Hapsburgs or something. He is powerful and has his place, but it’s mostly weird nerd poo poo and helping crap out another kid to keep the family stable. I assume Stella is either a Eleanor Roosevelt cousin type or from some cabinet branch or maybe some sort of peacock Hohenzollerns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was the gayest episode of Helluva Boss and that is a very difficult bar to clear.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MJeff posted:

That was the gayest episode of Helluva Boss and that is a very difficult bar to clear.

Records are made to be broken.

Also just had an interesting thought. I think it' possible Asmodeus and Fizzarolli met through Mammon. As in he'd already invested way too much time and money into making Fizz the next big thing at this point and little physical and mental trauma wasn't going to stop him from squeezing every last drop of talent out of him. So he contacts Ozzie for a special order outside of his usual purview (prosthetics). At this point it would be up to him to meet with who he needs them for and actually work with said patient to get them properly functional. I could see a lot of bonding over Ozzie getting to know Fizz while designing the prosthetics for him. Not sure how they would've met up otherwise honestly.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Good news everyone! According to the closed captions, all of Fizz's dogs made it home safe :kimchi:

also they're called quieves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
There’s also a subtitle during Fizz’ extended monologue about how big Ozzie’s dick is that simply says “I got paid to write this”