Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Is that Interview with a vampire show worth watching? It popped up on MAX as some sort of AMC deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

thatfuturekid posted:

Is that Interview with a vampire show worth watching? It popped up on MAX as some sort of AMC deal

I liked it! I was expecting to hate it but I really enjoyed it. It's kind of a remake but also pseudo sequel the narrator is interviewing Louis again, and reminds him that Lestat tried to kill him 20 years ago after their first interview (first episode spoiler)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Medullah posted:

I liked it! I was expecting to hate it but I really enjoyed it. It's kind of a remake but also pseudo sequel the narrator is interviewing Louis again, and reminds him that Lestat tried to kill him 20 years ago after their first interview (first episode spoiler)

I was pretty into it until I read that spoiler and now I’m making the same face my 3 year old niece made when I offered her coffee. Just confused revulsion.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Xiahou Dun posted:

I was pretty into it until I read that spoiler and now I’m making the same face my 3 year old niece made when I offered her coffee. Just confused revulsion.

Eh it's very minor and you can easily just ignore it

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

They're a lot of fun! The second one is my favorite but they're all so different that I could see any one of them argued as the best.

Just finished Spook Warfare. It's going to be hard to top.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sae this dude at Costco

For a $160 plastic animated skeleton from Costco, this loving guy didn't need to go this hard: https://www.costco.com/6%27-punk-rocker-animated-skeleton.product.4000154176.html

You need to go back and pick that guy up, you need him in your life.

As for me, I kicked off Halloween officially when I went to Lowe's today to buy a part for my busted bathtub faucet, and picked up a gnarly looking plastic pumpkin with fake candlelight. Lowe's has all kinds of neat Halloween stuff tucked away in the corner, including a full-sized animated Leatherface. Then I grabbed some flavored candy corn from Target, which was loving sold out of every single Halloween thing already (that, or they haven't stocked the shelves yet but neither would surprise me).

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

For a $160 plastic animated skeleton from Costco, this loving guy didn't need to go this hard: https://www.costco.com/6%27-punk-rocker-animated-skeleton.product.4000154176.html

You need to go back and pick that guy up, you need him in your life.

It’s so much cooler in Spanish

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Well I guess I'm going to Costco tomorrow. :colbert:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s nice to see Geoff Peterson is still getting work.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

thatfuturekid posted:

It is very extremely good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got roped into seeing The Nun 2 with some friends and it loving sucks, don’t pay theater money for it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
[

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sae this dude at Costco

That's just Geoff in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDQ38dx21o

Also RLM maybe gearing up for the season, just dropped a re:View of Little Shop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPub1mjfPHk

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s nice to see Geoff Peterson is still getting work.

:hmmyes:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

I am so ready for the season.

And the Monster cereals are on the shelves by me. There is a new addition so we'll see how that one is.

I wasn't really impressed with the new monster cereal flavor, I've yet to bust into the box of monster mash. But Count Chocula is as on point as ever thankfully.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

TheKingslayer posted:

I wasn't really impressed with the new monster cereal flavor, I've yet to bust into the box of monster mash. But Count Chocula is as on point as ever thankfully.

I'm expecting something similar to Apple Jacks. I also picked up the traditional three so I'm set for cereal until at least November.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I bet if you took the Monster Mash mix and do it up rice crispy treat style it would look awesome. I might have to do that before it leaves the shelves.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They need to bring back pumpkin spice frosted flakes.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

They need to bring back pumpkin spice frosted flakes.

They did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm finally watching the new The Boogeyman

Not that often when I see an opening scene and am like "this is probably the best scene of the film huh"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I like that movie just because the eventual plan becomes "what if we just shoot it a bunch?"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm finally watching the new The Boogeyman

Not that often when I see an opening scene and am like "this is probably the best scene of the film huh"

also true of Ghost Ship, absolutely harrowing opening scene

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sae this dude at Costco

En francais??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeT1drNFZ-w

fe: caught The Pope's Exorcist last night and lol what a silly movie. I like how they had the demon just straight up go "GRRRAR I'M THE DEVIL". And obviously Russell Crowe completely overshadowing his lil Vespa like he was the Wicked Witch of the West.

I think 30 Coins spoiled me for Euro Catholic/exorcism type horror tbh. The whole time I was watching Pope's Exorcist and Prey for the Devil I was like "I kinda wish I was watching 30 Coins again instead"

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The Criterion Channel put up a small "High School Horror" collection. Here's the teaser:

https://www.criterionchannel.com/high-school-horror/season:1/videos/high-school-horror-teaser

The set has:
-Massacre at Central High (1976)
-Suspiria (1977)
-Prom Night (1980)
-The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
-Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)
-The Craft (1996)
-I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
-The Faculty (1998)
-Battle Royale (2000)
-Ginger Snaps (2000)
-Donnie Darko (2001)
-Battle Royale II: Requiem (2003)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I really need to get around to watching 30 Coins, I've loved everything else the director's done, especially Day of the Beast, and it sounds like more of that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I really need to get around to watching 30 Coins, I've loved everything else the director's done, especially Day of the Beast, and it sounds like more of that.

Season 2 coming soon!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

King Vidiot posted:

I took forever to get around to it, and I regret how much I waited.

That show is bonkers and I love it.

Paul Giamatti is gonna be in season 2. I really hope he speaks some Spanish.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Where can I watch 30 Coins?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Where can I watch 30 Coins?

It was on HBO when I watched it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope they do a really big recap because I can barely remember anything from S1. Shows shouldn't have giant hiatuses like that, I'm too old for it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I hope they do a really big recap because I can barely remember anything from S1. Shows shouldn't have giant hiatuses like that, I'm too old for it

My dude I'm almost 50 at this point and I can't remember what happened a week ago on a show much less 3 years ago. Like, I joked for a while "Ah my memory is fading as I'm getting older" but lately it's been scary bad - I watched a movie a few weeks ago, brushed my teeth and got in bed to log that I watched it and forgot entirely what movie I watched.

Actually going to a neurologist next month. #Old.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Most shows have season recaps on YouTube. There's a bunch of channels dedicated to them and they are super helpful

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

My dude I'm almost 50 at this point and I can't remember what happened a week ago on a show much less 3 years ago. Like, I joked for a while "Ah my memory is fading as I'm getting older" but lately it's been scary bad - I watched a movie a few weeks ago, brushed my teeth and got in bed to log that I watched it and forgot entirely what movie I watched.

Actually going to a neurologist next month. #Old.

I feel your pain since that's been happening to me for a while in varying degrees. Add to that, that Alzheimer's runs in my family...yeah.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I am going through Child's Play movies from the beginning. I'm curious, how is Living with Chucky? Never Sleep Again set the high bar for me for horror franchise documentaries. And more generally, are there some other good ones?

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Tonight I learned that someone did a remake of Jacobs Ladder.

I did not like it.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

that is excellent news. I havent seen it at the store by me yet, but I"ll have to go on the hunt for it

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

John Carpenter's Anthology II: Movie Themes 1976-1988 is releasing on October 6th. All new recordings of some deep cuts including three previously lost Morricone cues from The Thing.

Track listing:
1. Chariots of Pumpkins (Halloween III)
2. 69th St. Bridge (Escape from New York)
3. The Alley (War) (Big Trouble in Little China)
4. Wake Up (They Live)
5. Julie’s Dead (Assault on Precinct 13)
6. The Shape Enters Laurie’s Room (Halloween II)
7. Season of the Witch (Halloween III)
8. Love at a Distance (Prince of Darkness)
9. The Shape Stalks Again (Halloween II)
10. Burn it (The Thing)
11. Fuchs (The Thing)
12. To Mac’s Shack (The Thing)
13. Walk to the Lighthouse (The Fog)
14. Laurie’s Theme (Halloween)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MxwOCDeuWw

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Along with Ghosts is my least favorite of the series, but any movie with samurai and spooks is still going to be a winner for me.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ambitious Spider posted:

Along with Ghosts is my least favorite of the series, but any movie with samurai and spooks is still going to be a winner for me.

If you haven't seen the Daimajin trilogy they're similar in style only with one gigantic spirit instead of lots of lesser ones. They're repetitive if you watch them all together (it's basically three directors giving their take on the same story) but I liked them all

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jedit posted:

John Carpenter's Anthology II: Movie Themes 1976-1988 is releasing on October 6th. All new recordings of some deep cuts including three previously lost Morricone cues from The Thing.

Track listing:
1. Chariots of Pumpkins (Halloween III)
2. 69th St. Bridge (Escape from New York)
3. The Alley (War) (Big Trouble in Little China)
4. Wake Up (They Live)
5. Julie’s Dead (Assault on Precinct 13)
6. The Shape Enters Laurie’s Room (Halloween II)
7. Season of the Witch (Halloween III)
8. Love at a Distance (Prince of Darkness)
9. The Shape Stalks Again (Halloween II)
10. Burn it (The Thing)
11. Fuchs (The Thing)
12. To Mac’s Shack (The Thing)
13. Walk to the Lighthouse (The Fog)
14. Laurie’s Theme (Halloween)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MxwOCDeuWw

Gimme a tour I missed last time :mad:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this looks potentially cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZe6nyKbqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hell yeah Nurse Carla getting some elevated horror roles.