Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

You have brain damage Kirby. Put the game on the SSD and enjoy it.

Fine, but I will never enjoy videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RealityWarCriminal posted:

china skyrim would be pretty fun but sadly there are no asians in the elder scrolls

Jade Empire 2 will be Awkwafina's magnum opus as she voice acts every single character.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

starfield is all over tiktok in ways bg3 or ac6 never were. we got a hit foiks. the kids love them some todd.

this is gen z’s Morrowind

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

china skyrim would be pretty fun but sadly there are no asians in the elder scrolls

yes there are but they're all lizards and snakes

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Why is it so hard for koei to make a good rotk game or dynasty warrior these days

Sadly, they let the haters and the trolls convince them that putting out the same game every few years is bad, so now they have to change and add a bunch of poo poo no one asked for or wanted à la Dynasty Warriors 9. They should've just bought out id and spruced up some of the lighting or something.

They will never again reach the perfection of Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4 version) or the one ROTK I really liked until I read that the combat system was inherently busted and only got patched in Japan.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what do we think the % of starfield players that got the game for free from AMD or gamepass?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

turn off the TV posted:

yes there are but they're all lizards and snakes

I thought there were humans in Akavir too but I checked the wiki and they were all eaten by vampire snakemen lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Scarabrae posted:

what do we think the % of starfield players that got the game for free from AMD or gamepass?

It's me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i haven't really had much contact with the snake guys yet... im guessing if i want to find their base im looking for a star system named serpentus right lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sometimes I worry I'm a fake gamer because I just play the games instead of imagining the haters or being happy for the companies success

same. I mostly look at paradox game dev diaries now because they do cool things like explain why certain things work they way they do.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

akavir is real.

Al! posted:

i haven't really had much contact with the snake guys yet... im guessing if i want to find their base im looking for a star system named serpentus right lol

they aren't in the game...yet.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dota 2, chess

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

Alejandra mentions that their home system is somewhere secluded, a system far from the others in settled space. the furthest things I can see rn are the stars in Orion’s Belt, at least as far as being set off from the others nearby.

the real answer is likely they got shelves for DLC stuff because they’re definitely the most interesting faction.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
todd is waiting for dune pt2 to come out so he can copy notes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Every other game on the market knows my monitors's names. This is the first game to tell me my monitors are "generic pnp monitor" and I'm so ready to hate play this videogame.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Scarabrae posted:

also are they counting players on pirated copies to fluff their Concurrent Players statistics for investor storytime?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Red Baron posted:

Alejandra mentions that their home system is somewhere secluded, a system far from the others in settled space. the furthest things I can see rn are the stars in Orion’s Belt, at least as far as being set off from the others nearby.

the real answer is likely they got shelves for DLC stuff because they’re definitely the most interesting faction.

They're wish.com romulans, op

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
sweaty space guy: plagiarize dune / plagiarize system shock 2

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have recently done a No Mans Sky playthrough.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

BONGHITZ posted:

dota 2, chess

these ☝️

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a plague of literal space monsters capable of making entire planets uninhabitable shows up and the response of the uc is to go and get permission to obtain information, under the guidance of international observers, so they can commission a study from a war criminal, who is the daughter/illegal clone of another war criminal, so they can maybe mitigate the issue that they are, by the way, causing. democrats in space

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

They're wish.com romulans, op

please, Todd wishes he could make a faction fun enough to be in Star Trek, they’re discount space Mormons with a slightly better religion

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

a plague of literal space monsters capable of making entire planets uninhabitable shows up and the response of the uc is to go and get permission to obtain information, under the guidance of international observers, so they can commission a study from a war criminal, who is the daughter/illegal clone of another war criminal, so they can maybe mitigate the issue that they are, by the way, causing. democrats in space

they have to get permission to go half a block from the very beating heart of their government apparatus to a building they wholly own and control in order to get that information

yeah this tracks

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

my bony fealty posted:

lol

I finally started doing the main quest and Andreja made it a whole big deal about the Varuun guy she killed and how most people in Constellation don't like using violence, right after she and Sarah and I had gunned down about 30 Ecliptic mercs.

yeah, it's werid right? like she makes sure you know this about her, makes it even a little secret between you two, she can trust you, right?

ah must be nothing, she's a good egg

(Andreja is incredibly well written and acted, almost BG3 tier)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Red Baron posted:

they have to get permission to go half a block from the very beating heart of their government apparatus to a building they wholly own and control in order to get that information

yeah this tracks

it could cause an intergalactic incident to copy a pdf

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

like the UC is the ~dream~ of a liberal capitalist space future and EVEN THERE the ostensibly powerful libs are still feckless and impotent

they get run around by a civilization whose capital is a big mud pit, secured by “a dozen” rangers, which you can become a member of even as a card-carrying UC citizen.

it’s so loving on brand

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Every other game on the market knows my monitors's names. This is the first game to tell me my monitors are "generic pnp monitor" and I'm so ready to hate play this videogame.

Kirby. Please. Instead of being a Games poster and playing a game you hate just watch some vtuber freak poo poo or go for a walk or something. People shpuld be gaming because it's ftw, not to be mad :cheersbird:

silentsnack posted:

also are they counting players on pirated copies to fluff their Concurrent Players statistics for investor storytime?

I bet they have five million instances running on computer's in Todd's basement :imunfunny: :imunfunny: :imunfunny:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

it could cause an intergalactic incident to copy a pdf

understandable since the last time any living human dared to wonder “how do I open pdf???” they went right to “build warfare mechs”

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

silentsnack posted:

how could they track that?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

Yeah but no UC character ever looks at you and says 'I'm evil btw. The UC is evil. We're bad and love doing bad poo poo. Evil ftw' so how can you actually be sure they're meant to be bad guys

Red Baron posted:

like the UC is the ~dream~ of a liberal capitalist space future and EVEN THERE the ostensibly powerful libs are still feckless and impotent

they get run around by a civilization whose capital is a big mud pit, secured by “a dozen” rangers, which you can become a member of even as a card-carrying UC citizen.

it’s so loving on brand

It's actually a very well written faction lmao. That propaganda museum is so good

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Red Baron posted:

it’s so loving on brand

yeah the space cali libs get bullied by space cali exiles who moved to space texas.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

I did like that they didn’t have the terrormorphs being just literally created by the UC, like from humans or something equally body horror-ish, but then they go and still make their emergence be a thing that a former UC person has already solved and of course does, to prove how right they are.

I really expected a hammier reveal much earlier in the plot.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

andreja is homeschooled and on the spectrum so most goons will relate to and hang out with her. personally, my preferred companion is plucky polish space lesbian marika boros

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

It's actually a very well written faction lmao. That propaganda museum is so good

I think that’s what saves them for me, they’re the faction I love to hate. it helps that their faction quest is really good and even a little tense (until the AI fucks up and the monsters aren’t very scary)

compared to the Freestar Ranger quests it’s loving fantastic. so far Ryujin has the Rangers beat, too.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Red Baron posted:

I did like that they didn’t have the terrormorphs being just literally created by the UC, like from humans or something equally body horror-ish, but then they go and still make their emergence be a thing that a former UC person has already solved and of course does, to prove how right they are.

I really expected a hammier reveal much earlier in the plot.

the terrormorphs are the brave mujahideen fighters of afghanistan.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

the terrormorphs are the brave mujahideen fighters of afghanistan.

Londinion is Benghazi in spaaaace

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rangers are just woke space republicans

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I really like the londinion design. Those underground industrial cities are growing on me a ton. Reminds me heavily of the original starcraft games. Londinion might as well be the mission in SC1 where you have to hold out against the zerg until mengsk bails your rear end.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I like that the fleet maintaining a blockade of Londinion will call you just to say they won't help you and don't care if you die lol, space cops ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah but no UC character ever looks at you and says 'I'm evil btw. The UC is evil. We're bad and love doing bad poo poo. Evil ftw' so how can you actually be sure they're meant to be bad guys

its why all the "bethesda no get fallout's deep setting and message" is always baffling to me and has gotten me this redtext. It's not a very tough nut to crack that the series came out around the 90s where being a gen x "america is kinda evil and bad" thing was tolerated in the aftermath of the cold war.