Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
you should laugh at your children's weak pokemon. how else will they grow???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/ceaubin/status/1700219494763999495?s=46&t=qkLqegFdEqINeFeUz_b8fw

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

only one who can stop the killer crab

Come at me, bro!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I think his thing was that he'd kill all the meat he was eating for one year. Of course as you demonstrate he did so in the lamest most sanitized way possible, because that's the core of his being.

If he actually went out hunting and shot a deer then I wouldn't care about him having someone else skin it and butcher it, but if it's chained up livestock you've got to be involved in the preparation for me to give you any respect, it just sound like he got off on killing things.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Air Skwirl posted:

If he actually went out hunting and shot a deer then I wouldn't care about him having someone else skin it and butcher it, but if it's chained up livestock you've got to be involved in the preparation for me to give you any respect, it just sound like he got off on killing things.

It was a THING for a while to get back to your roots and be involved in the actual process in getting meat from animal to plate. Techbros thinking that they can do this thing without any help or research isn't any different from every other thing they gently caress up.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

It was a THING for a while to get back to your roots and be involved in the actual process in getting meat from animal to plate. Techbros thinking that they can do this thing without any help or research isn't any different from every other thing they gently caress up.

They all read Michael Pollan

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
butchering a wild game animal isnt even that impressive, if you're gonna try that poo poo you should probably start by butchering up a cow or chicken you had a close personal relationship with as a child and raised from its birth. if you can do that i might respect your credentials as a meat eater

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

butchering a wild game animal isnt even that impressive, if you're gonna try that poo poo you should probably start by butchering up a cow or chicken you had a close personal relationship with as a child and raised from its birth. if you can do that i might respect your credentials as a meat eater

They wouldn't have a problem with that; billionaires have no empathy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I think his thing was that he'd kill all the meat he was eating for one year. Of course as you demonstrate he did so in the lamest most sanitized way possible, because that's the core of his being.

Technically I have also killed all the meat that I have eaten in multiple years.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Show me you're a man by killing your tamagotchi. I'll wait

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

a genuine triptych of bangers

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Will I have to eat it afterwards? Because my doctor says I have to stop doing that.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ban this sick filth

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/HumanoidHistory/status/1700757546129149996?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Any idea on the architect? I kinda hoped it was shin takamatsu but unless I skimmed poorly I didn't see

e: it literally says unknown lmao

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 12:18 on Sep 10, 2023

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/poondonkus/status/1700268978734845998

tweet posted:

found a NicoNico account that has been uploading subtitled Nostalgia Critic and AVGN videos since 2009.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

There were a few seasons of The F Word where Gordon Ramsay did exactly that, raised livestock and then took them to the butcher so he could serve the meat in his restaurant. Dude was a complete mess every time they went to be butchered, tears and emotional breakdowns over losing them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

We Got Us A Bread posted:

There were a few seasons of The F Word where Gordon Ramsay did exactly that, raised livestock and then took them to the butcher so he could serve the meat in his restaurant. Dude was a complete mess every time they went to be butchered, tears and emotional breakdowns over losing them.

Evidently not 'cause he went through with it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

you should laugh at your children's weak pokemon. how else will they grow???

If you ever show your kids mercy in any game, can you even say you're raising them right?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

I'm a cis lady but I did drown the first tamagotchi I ever had by dropping it in a lake. I was like 8 years old.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Emily Spinach posted:

I'm a cis lady but I did drown the first tamagotchi I ever had by dropping it in a lake. I was like 8 years old.

eventually we all return to the sea

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
button cell : lake :: car battery : ocean

checks out

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The curl trial inverse of the Neet thread I see.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

I wonder how they translate "Let's pop this fucker in!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Does neglect count? because I got multiple deaths from that.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Show me you're a man by killing your tamagotchi Neopets. I'll wait

:colbert:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

EoinCannon posted:

They all read Michael Pollan

Remember when Obama wanted to name him Secretary of Agriculture and he was like "uuuuh I'm just a guy who writes dreck for liberals to namecheck at boring dinner parties so no thanks."

Always makes me lol.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Show me you're a man by killing your tamagotchi Neopets. I'll wait

:colbert:

When you can't decide if you want surf, turf, or wings for dinner tonight

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Remember when Obama wanted to name him Secretary of Agriculture and he was like "uuuuh I'm just a guy who writes dreck for liberals to namecheck at boring dinner parties so no thanks."

Always makes me lol.

Obama is a complete star fucker. He was going to have this huge party with like 400 guests for his 60th, but it was during COVID and seemed to be bad optics so he drastically cut the guest list, including almost all the people who worked on his first Presidential campaign, but kept Jay-Z and Beyonce. Like people who got him elected and he worked with closely in his first years in office were disinvited from his 60th, but all of the celebrities kept theirs.

Kal Penn abruptly quit his job on House (at the time one of the most popular shows on television) so he could do something for the Obama administration and I still don't know what he actually did.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Does neglect count? because I got multiple deaths from that.

My kid got a tamagotchi for Christmas and couldn't emotionally handle the responsibility of keeping it alive. I had to remove the batteries 3 days later.

Now she wants us to get chickens.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"I'm sorry susie, but you failed The Tamagotchi Test, no chickens for you"

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

When I had a tamagotchi as a kid I fast-forwarded it through its lifecycle by repeatedly setting the clock to right before it was supposed to reach the next growth stage. I was distressed when at the end it just laid an egg and I had to start all over again.

I didn't do super great with actual pets either.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's better with the fly by comments

https://twitter.com/nyanbombdotcom/status/1700602438590300498

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Captain Invictus posted:

"I'm sorry susie, but you failed The Tamagotchi Test, no chickens for you"

all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tamagotchi, it’s pooping in it's digital cage. You reach down, you flip the device over on its back. The tamagotchi lays in its poop, its battery slowly dying. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Air Skwirl posted:

Obama is a complete star fucker. He was going to have this huge party with like 400 guests for his 60th, but it was during COVID and seemed to be bad optics so he drastically cut the guest list, including almost all the people who worked on his first Presidential campaign, but kept Jay-Z and Beyonce. Like people who got him elected and he worked with closely in his first years in office were disinvited from his 60th, but all of the celebrities kept theirs.

Kal Penn abruptly quit his job on House (at the time one of the most popular shows on television) so he could do something for the Obama administration and I still don't know what he actually did.

In all fairness if you gave me a straight binary choice between "work friends" and "beyonce", I dont think you'd like the decision I would make either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SiKboy posted:

In all fairness if you gave me a straight binary choice between "work friends" and "beyonce", I dont think you'd like the decision I would make either.

I get it, but it's literally people who are directly responsible for Beyonce knowing who you are, not just work friends.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Plenty of opportunities to invite and hang out with my work friends, though. Beyonce not so much, even for Obama I think.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Both of them but especially the AVGN have pretty sizable Japanese fanbases. Apparently the AVGN's fans have always been impressed by his knowledge of kaiju movies.

They're both popular enough that like a decade ago, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wiy5FHhhwc

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

I get it, but it's literally people who are directly responsible for Beyonce knowing who you are, not just work friends.

If they cared that much about me, they would understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

If they cared that much about me, they would understand.

Dictionary definition of Star Fucker.