Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The most famous but least understood land battle fought on mainland Australia, the Great Emu War of 1932, finally gets the big screen treatment it deserves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QAyieTpLuA

It looks like Australian Birdemic, lol

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The most famous but least understood land battle fought on mainland Australia, the Great Emu War of 1932, finally gets the big screen treatment it deserves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QAyieTpLuA

It looks like Australian Birdemic, lol

a joint Hot Dad Productions and Australian Government project

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Kind of more interested on a back stage documentary when you got Tom Hardy Michael Shannon and Shia Lebouf in the same movie. Method Acting Madness

Doesn't Austin Butler claim to be permanently afflicted with "being Elvis"?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Austin Butler just goes around his house shooting out TV screens with a huge revolver nowadays.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

Doesn't Austin Butler claim to be permanently afflicted with "being Elvis"?

Disappointingly very non-Elvis Feyd in the Dune 2 trailers though.

Maybe we need to see scenes with dialogue first.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

The MSJ posted:

Disappointingly very non-Elvis Feyd in the Dune 2 trailers though.

Maybe we need to see scenes with dialogue first.

Maybe this time he channels Nick Cave.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Trailer for the Godzilla TV Show

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/1700151682691166394

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Dude, don't shave the beard.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1701023477262630932?s=46&t=_t3R3O4inwGCyXxW88QslQ

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*waking up from bed*
im going to kill aquaman and destroy everything he holds dear

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snooze Cruise posted:

*waking up from bed*
im going to kill aquaman and destroy everything he holds dear

Oh so you work for WB?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Isn’t that basically what Michael Shannon said?

I’m going to kill Superman.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lobok posted:

Oh so you work for WB?

lmao

Now I wanna see someone redo that trailer with Zaslav as the bad guy

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Zaslav just had an interview where he talked about how it’s important not to make audiences sick of an IP with overuse but also said that he felt like WB hadn’t been producing enough content for the Harry Potter IP. I almost wonder if he doesn’t realize Fantastic Beasts are part of that IP because otherwise the statement is a bit hard to make sense of.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Bugblatter posted:

Zaslav just had an interview where he talked about how it’s important not to make audiences sick of an IP with overuse but also said that he felt like WB hadn’t been producing enough content for the Harry Potter IP. I almost wonder if he doesn’t realize Fantastic Beasts are part of that IP because otherwise the statement is a bit hard to make sense of.

It's basically a way for him to say he doesn't know poo poo about poo poo.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's basically a way for him to say he doesn't know poo poo about poo poo.

Another day, another Zaslav quote.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bugblatter posted:

He also said the same thing about Lord of the Rings. Do they not have any stake in Rings of Power? Or is that another example of him being an idiot?

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

I can't wait to watch this on an airplane

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LaserPrinter69 posted:

I thought bombs weren't allowed on planes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

He also said the same thing about Lord of the Rings. Do they not have any stake in Rings of Power? Or is that another example of him being an idiot?

They do not, different rights. IIRC they have the Rohan animated movie in development but that's all I've heard that they're doing with the license they have.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lobok posted:

I thought bombs weren't allowed on planes.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

LaserPrinter69 posted:

The last third of Aquaman was absolute bonkers fun in a theater, and i loving hate going to the theater.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Ha this is 100% where i watched the first aquaman. Was a solid plane movie. I should continue the tradition

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

They do not, different rights. IIRC they have the Rohan animated movie in development but that's all I've heard that they're doing with the license they have.

Zazlav and some other execs have mentioned redoing the trilogy. Some rumblings have indicated an HBO series, others have pointed to an extended film series. Nothing concrete yet though.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bugblatter posted:

Zazlav and some other execs have mentioned redoing the trilogy. Some rumblings have indicated an HBO series, others have pointed to an extended film series. Nothing concrete yet though.

That just boggles the mind. LOTR wasn't perfect, but it was drat near close. How can you even dream of remaking it before it's even 30 years old?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

That just boggles the mind. LOTR wasn't perfect, but it was drat near close. How can you even dream of remaking it before it's even 30 years old?

Number

Go

UP

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
It may be one of those cases where if you don't make something in a certain amount of time, the rights revert back to the original owner. Like the situation with Roger Corman's Fantastic Four movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The worst thing is that you just know in your heart of hearts there will be an extended Tom Bombadil scene and Barrow-wights to drag the poo poo out of the film before they ever get to Bree.

They'll probably cast Jack Black as Tom and I'll want to step into traffic

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!

ringadingagingarididudidudiguguguridididuuu

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ror posted:

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!

ringadingagingarididudidudiguguguridididuuu

lmao

acksplode
May 17, 2004

tom bombaskadoosh.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This isn't the greatest fantasy movie in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I'm all for an extended Bombadil scene. But my ideal version of LotR would scale back on Jackson’s over emphasis on battles and focus more on the smaller more lyrical moments.

Jack Black though… well I guess he’d be one of the best elements in the kind of train wreck that would go for such casting.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 12, 2023

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

kiimo posted:

Speaking of exorswift our new trailer came out this morning

https://twitter.com/TheExorcistBlvr/status/1699074923313152436

This movie looks like dogshit and I don't think any quality of trailer will help, but I'd really appreciate if you didn't interrupt my getting high and watching cartoons with your lovely dogshit horror movie trailers.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would be game for another LotR adaptation, because while I think the Jackson trilogy is a terrific achievement and an incredible set of films, I don't think they capture the tone of the books well.

Unfortunately, anything made under the Zazlav regime is bound to be dire, and come from a place of 4-quadrant vertical-integration cynicism rather than anything resembling a creative vision. And we already have one of those, served up to us by Amazon.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lobok posted:

This isn't the greatest fantasy movie in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

Okay, now I'm sold on this being made

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah I must be stupid high because Jack Black Bombadil and the new Exorcist both sound pretty good to me

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
There’s no way you could cast an LotR film better than the Jackson ones with the exception of maybe a few roles. Any attempt would be terribly inferior.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ruddiger posted:

Yeah I must be stupid high because Jack Black Bombadil and the new Exorcist both sound pretty good to me

Halloween Horror Nights reviews say the Exorcist house ruled so that's a start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bugblatter posted:

I an all for an extended Bombadil scene.

You've just created a Tom Bombadil origin story film in the head of some coked WB exec.