Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at ian trying to clout-chase by calling up josh from drake and josh and getting sent to voicemail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

i say swears online posted:

lol at ian trying to clout-chase by calling up josh from drake and josh and getting sent to voicemail

I could use some context here - I'm guessing Ian is IMC, but I'm also guessing that Drake isn't the Drake I'm thinking of.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Ian Fidance in this case, the self described New York 8. *horse click*

also the beginning of that episode was depressing because if Jordan does move to LA either her or Ian’s life will absolutely completely fall apart.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ian fidance *slide whistle*

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

mycomancy posted:

You repeated yourself.

So is Virgil Texas just dead now or what? I haven't been following the drama.

he had a little death, to a 16 year old

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Virgil Texas got reassigned to a desk job in Langley after getting a bit wild with the per diem

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Omnicarus posted:

Virgil Texas got reassigned to a desk job in Langley after getting a bit wild with the per diem

I believe this now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cael posted:

also the beginning of that episode was depressing because if Jordan does move to LA either her or Ian’s life will absolutely completely fall apart.

absolutely

podcasters moving to LA is always very funny

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cael posted:

Ian Fidance in this case, the self described New York 8. *horse click*

Ah of course, I know him well from Cum Town. TY.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

absolutely

ian was very correct and i'm glad he threatened to kill himself if she moved

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
nico cheyenne, palantir analyst

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
did the chapo hosts all relocate to LA?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

did the chapo hosts all relocate to LA?

don't think Will would move, ever

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
LA seems like a nightmare. You can't walk anywhere! I like driving but not on big freeways and stroads like that. It's probably fine if you just get driven around and don't have to worry about what it costs. Us working folk however...

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)

Goa Tse-tung posted:

don't think Will would move, ever

but he’s the grooviest one! i thought he was an LA boy now but maybe I just saw a picture of him wearing sunglasses and assumed he had gone too.

Dokapon Findom posted:

LA seems like a nightmare. You can't walk anywhere! I like driving but not on big freeways and stroads like that. It's probably fine if you just get driven around and don't have to worry about what it costs. Us working folk however...

true but it’s good enough for the only podcasters who have ever actually mattered or ever will (the doughboys)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Los Angeles is the only place that has the door dash and instacart infrastructure to properly contain podcasters in their 3 bedroom patreon funded apartment.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I’ve never seen such a negative ethic of urbanism; I recall Matt citing extensive road infrastructure as a material manifestation of the demiurge and honestly it’s a pretty good example

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

Is there something special about LA specific to podcasting, or is just trying to be close to celebs? A decade ago it seemed like every podcast I listened to was connected to the Bay Area in some way, did they all just move out of that city once it got too expensive/techbro'd?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

I’ve never seen such a negative ethic of urbanism; I recall Matt citing extensive road infrastructure as a material manifestation of the demiurge and honestly it’s a pretty good example

What the gently caress does that mean?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the funniest thing about the LA Chapo move is that since it happened Felix makes a point of complimenting any movie or TV show that gets brought up on the podcast

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Is there something special about LA specific to podcasting, or is just trying to be close to celebs? A decade ago it seemed like every podcast I listened to was connected to the Bay Area in some way, did they all just move out of that city once it got too expensive/techbro'd?

It’s a cultural hub with nice weather, I can see the appeal if you’ve got the money for it

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
yeah if I were rich there are probably few places I'd rather be, especially if you don't want to live on a suspicious tropical island or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

C-Euro posted:

If you are rich why would you not want to live next to where all the other rich people are? lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

All the twitch millionaires also live in LA.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hasan is a starfucker and i think he convinced felix to go out there

if you're online-famous and need personal security in public because your money comes from establishing parasocial relationships i guess it makes sense to quarantine yourself with your own kind

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

C-Euro posted:

trying to be close to celebs

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you are rich why would you not want to live next to where all the other rich people are? lol

It is both of these

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

C-Euro posted:

idk ppl have their own reasons. Matt moved because his wife is in entertainment. Felix moved to la because he wants to bag a Desperate housewives cougar milf with giant plastic titties.

I think some are in standup comedy (lol) and it’s either nyc or la. but la one is vastly worse low tier.

not sure why brace-Liz moved out of the bay to NYC but yes Bay Area has been ruined by techie transplants and liberalism. I still live here but it’s definitely way worse in 2023 than 2013 and even vastly, almost unrecognizable, worse than 2003

really though if you had the money and work by calling into a Zoom once or twice a week, I’d vastly prefer San Diego which actually has best weather and best beaches: la mostly sucks

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Move to Seattle and praise dagoth by loving a fish and working for microsoft

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Move to Minneapolis

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

Move to Seattle and praise dagoth by loving a fish and working for microsoft

you could gently caress bill gates in the microsoft treehouse

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

idk ppl have their own reasons. Matt moved because his wife is in entertainment. Felix moved to la because he wants to bag a Desperate housewives cougar milf with giant plastic titties.

I think some are in standup comedy (lol) and it’s either nyc or la. but la one is vastly worse low tier.

not sure why brace-Liz moved out of the bay to NYC but yes Bay Area has been ruined by techie transplants and liberalism. I still live here but it’s definitely way worse in 2023 than 2013 and even vastly, almost unrecognizable, worse than 2003

really though if you had the money and work by calling into a Zoom once or twice a week, I’d vastly prefer San Diego which actually has best weather and best beaches: la mostly sucks

OK that's fair, nice weather and famous people are fine reasons. Just wasn't sure if there was something specific to the medium driving people there.

Also UYD has been podcasting out of LA since 2006, these jokers need to respect their elders while they're here :colbert:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the lemonparty boys are also in LA which seems dangerous. they belong back in ft worth

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

on the other hand all of the internet's urbanists make me glad to not be living somewhere like philly. i think i would lose it if i had to encounter that much concentrated reddit in one place

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

lived in san diego for a decade until last year, miss it every day pretty much but i can't do my job remotely so I'm stuck up here in the bay area which is far inferior IMO

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

lived in san diego for a decade until last year, miss it every day pretty much but i can't do my job remotely so I'm stuck up here in the bay area which is far inferior IMO

San Diego is a lovely town but it’s also loving full of troops

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

I really liked living in LA but the key is you can't have a 9/5 commute. if you need to drive on a schedule it's horrible, besides that it was great place to live. best place in America for really good cheap food by far

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

HashtagGirlboss posted:

San Diego is a lovely town but it’s also loving full of troops

the troops are at least getting gentrified out :twisted: honestly didn’t really encounter any last time I was there. I’d say the annoying trust fundie La Jolla people are way worse

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mr Hootington posted:

Move to Minneapolis

Those posers should have put their money where their mouth is and moved to Cleveland. Especially Matt

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

the troops are at least getting gentrified out :twisted: honestly didn’t really encounter any last time I was there. I’d say the annoying trust fundie La Jolla people are way worse

i went to UCSD and at least the campus committing itself to building a ton of new housing has the la jolla rich assholes seething about it at every step

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

OK that's fair, nice weather and famous people are fine reasons. Just wasn't sure if there was something specific to the medium driving people there.

Also UYD has been podcasting out of LA since 2006, these jokers need to respect their elders while they're here :colbert:

UYD could never live anywhere but LA.