Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah. It's not the biggest deal really but...man. Do you not understand the basics of how chocolate is made?

Search your heart. You know the answer to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Search your heart. You know the answer to this.

I know. But in a way he also seems like the kind of guy who thinks they can eventually force me to reveal that I can actually make this happen if he just keeps refusing to believe me.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

I actually feel like a dick about the way I acted during the meeting with the other brewery for the collaboration. I started zoning out because I hadn't eaten and I'm still really tired from the crazy schedule this month. Not as an excuse, but for context.

I got really frustrated I guess as well, but I should have been more professional about it. The other brewer and I had discussed what kind of beer they'd be interested in making. They wanted to do a lager since we're higher volume and they don't get a lot of chances to make any on their system. They are also a bit more traditional in their approach and don't make a lot of sweet beers and all that. We sort of decided on making a dark lager with cacao, as it would also be ready in February (for Valentine's day). The manager, who I like as a person, but who can also get a bit too focused on marketing stuff IMHO, started asking if we could make something that was more in the image of the neighborhood of our two breweries. No real directives other than that. The problem is that our neighborhood is pretty nondescript. It's a slightly bustling older part of the city with a fair amount of cafes and restaurants I guess, but even that isn't very unique in any way. We decided on the chocolate as a way of representing the cafes I guess but the area is just a neighborhood in Osaka. It's not particularly known for anything really. This is really one of those situations where you sort of make the ad copy after the beer and not the other way around.

Anyways I was fidgeting a lot and had a coughing fit. I also apparently went to the toilet during something important. But I wasn't really paying attention like I said. I do feel like I could have acted more professional and not like an anxious kid waiting for recess.

cruft

I had one of those days at work where I feel like I hardly got anything done. Those always leave me feeling really grouchy.

I did get some things done. It's just not the stuff I wanted to do, and it doesn't feel like I really made much progress. My to-do items are stacking up and it feels bad.

Younger cruft would have been like, drat it, I'm staying here until 9pm in an effort to get things accomplished. Older cruft is like, you're working at 20% efficiency, don't bill another 4 hours doing 45 minutes worth of work, idiot.

Escape From Noise

Jesus Christ the work computer is ANCIENT! I know we don't need anything top of the line to do email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc., but I'm not exaggerating when I say it takes almost 10 minutes for this thing to boot up when you turn it on or if it's been on sleep mode for a while.

Escape From Noise

Restaurant manager kept insisting that the Belgian pale ale I made (that is at around 20 IBUs) is "very bitter". I'm pretty sure he hasn't even tried it and his knowledge of any and all pale ales begins and ends with Yonayona. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know there are significant differences between British, Belgian, and American pale ale. Which would be fine if this wasn't like his job or something.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Surprise, you're filling in for someone stuck at burning man!!!!!! Actually six people stuck at burning man!!!!! Hope you had a nice weekend!!!!!

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

Surprise, you're filling in for someone stuck at burning man!!!!!! Actually six people stuck at burning man!!!!! Hope you had a nice weekend!!!!!

Maybe u should burn them?

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i think at the very least, you're entitled to do all the drugs available and roll around in mud. on the clock.

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

cruft

I've completely altered my travel plans for the next 4 months, for the third time.

I wish people would just pick a date and stick with it.

Escape From Noise

Love to catch criticism for the lineup from the mouth breathing idiot who was heavily involved in laying it out because nobody in management con think further than a month ahead or look at the schedule they keep insisting I send them. Lol. Yeah. Sure buddy. "Normal" beers are the only ones that win awards. Must be why that contest has like a billion categories. Also it's not like we don't have a German pilsner, Vienna lager, grisette, American pale ale, and a stout available for it or anything. Also you literally argued against making those last two. It's not my loving idea to brew poo poo like loving mixed juice IPA and other poo poo made based on random ingredients I'm told to use, so maybe if you're wondering about the "weird" lineup (with two whole Belgian styles, one of which is a top seller, apparently, the other of which was made in order to prop up yeast for another beer you wanted) you should bend all the way gently caress around and look at your own dumb rear end! :fuckoff:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 6, 2023

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I got halfway to work and decided gently caress this, I'm calling out.
I'm sure my coworkers/boss are gonna be pissy but they can eat it

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
this morning I actually was gonna go to work, but threw up my coffee. whoops. too strong too early.
I took it as a sign to stay home.

cruft

I hate this 07:00 Thursday meeting.

Ass-penny

I hate work/jobs and needing to scrape for wealthy people to put food on my and my cat's plates.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
gently caress a job

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
gently caress a job

Ass-penny

gently caress a job

Escape From Noise

Sarah Cenia posted:

gently caress

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
This company hired me to shoot a wedding and now is dodging me about payment and I got stung by wasps at this wedding

Escape From Noise

I think for the first time since I started brewing in this country I was finally able to make a peach beer using a variety other than loving white peach. My bosses here always insist on white peach no matter how many times I tell them you aren't going to get any flavor from white peach. Our supplier had blood peach puree and it gave the beer a great color with the peach flavor really coming through. It was nice to finally get to use a peach variety that actually made sense!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 8, 2023

Ass-penny

Ominous Jazz posted:

This company hired me to shoot a wedding and now is dodging me about payment and I got stung by wasps at this wedding

I hope you got something in writing so you can take they rear end to court, oj!

Escape From Noise

Stab them with hornets.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
get a blowgun and use the hornets as ammo
protip: DO NOT INHALE

Escape From Noise

Look, I get that long term production scheduling and planning isn't something that comes naturally to most people. I get that. I don't always get it right myself. But you'd think after several instances of production getting backed up due to insistence on certain beers being done by certain dates and holding off on production of precursor beers because of the current state of the cold room/amount of kegs instead of trying to think three or four weeks ahead that at some point there would at least be a bit of understanding that changing one factor can change everything and that the schedule as a whole is reliant on more than just one of management's pet projects.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
gently caress a job

Ass-penny

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

gently caress a job

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress a job

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

gently caress a job

Escape From Noise

So I just noticed that a very aggressively mediocre to not great brewery is hiring for a head brewer position.

Pros: Larger system than any I've worked on as an actual brewer (so it's a chance to grow), much better at marketing and selling product (including a few taprooms), probably better access to different ingredients, may actually understand the importance of a production schedule, wouldn't be a step down in pay, is in Osaka so no need to move, spaces look clean and well taken care of.

Cons: May still have ties to the brewery owned by that loving psycho who tried to get me deported (I'll have to check), their lineup is gimmick hell (wanted ad has some BS about it's not just about making beer but INTERESTING beer), may put delays on opening my own place.

I'm probably going to at least look into it. gently caress it. I can't stand the place I'm at anymore.

Escape From Noise

Big loving lol at the people here acting like me running out of cold room space and kegs for beers that are done isn't a direct consequence of them not planning ahead at all and cramming a ton of brew days into August, the month most places slow down on brewing. They keep insisting the beers would have sold at the same rate, ignoring the fact that I'm saying if they'd spaced out what they wanted in June and July this would have relieved all this pressure.

Escape From Noise

gently caress a job

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
my coworker asked me why destitute people keep shooting each other and I started to go into some concepts but it turns out she already knew the answer and it's "low-vibration waves and consciousness"

what it must be like to live your life based on how many crystals you can fit up your rear end on a given tuesday

dude I think I'm gonna find some lame side-grade job just to get the heck outta here

Escape From Noise

I would do the same if changing my visa wasn't such a huge issue.

cruft

Could you ask her to explain the difference between a low-vibration wave and a low-frequency vibration?

I mean, of course I don't *actually* want you to encourage a co-worker to delve into crazy again. I'm just surrounded by physicists and I really want to know what she thinks about this in 20 seconds or less (which is why I'm proxying the question through you).

Escape From Noise

I'm guessing they believe in monoatomic gold. Whether they think it's part of a freemason conspiracy or brought to us by benevolent aliens depends on their particular brand of new age bullshit.

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm guessing they believe in monoatomic gold. Whether they think it's part of a freemason conspiracy or brought to us by benevolent aliens depends on their particular brand of new age bullshit.

Is there a non-crazy explanation of what the heck "monoatomic gold" is? Like, the name invites questions at the atomic level, but I'm not seeing any explanations. All I can come up with is that somebody believes it's possible to have a stable molecule that consists of a single gold atom, but the only way I know of to do that would be in a fusion reactor, and the output would be Radon, LOL.

I don't actually need anybody to waste time explaining this to me, but if somebody happens to know, I'm fascinated by this sort of quackery.

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

Is there a non-crazy explanation of what the heck "monoatomic gold" is?

No

cruft

I finally found an explanation, and you're right. It appears to be "some white dirt some dude dug up on his farm one day".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I finally found an explanation, and you're right. It appears to be "some white dirt some dude dug up on his farm one day".

This is then somehow related to aliens and/or The Illuminati in some way.

My stepbrother is into this poo poo and a friend asked WTF monoatomic gold was when I brought it up. They looked it up and it was just a bunch of word salad.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 12, 2023