Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

say what you will, but at least these staffers are privileged enough to be working on the art that is jimmy fallon's work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

say what you will, but at least these staffers are privileged enough to be working on the art that is jimmy fallon's work

whoops sorry, typo, I meant "fart"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lmao

:swoon: she gets me

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Doing my best to imagine a plot of a 2023 Hulu Futurama episode:

Don't Fear The Tweet(X)er - The Robot Devil buys the social media site Blither and renames it HEX. Bender loses the rights to his own operating system after not reading the new Terms of Service Agreement.

honestly that b-plot sounds funny

Nichael has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Sep 10, 2023

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

Truga posted:

the general (1926) looks fuckin amazing in 720p
not on youtube though, youtube decided 3kb/s is enough for 720p or something, anything under 1080p is blocky city there now

this copy is pretty sharp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWm587wKKVw

he loves that train lol

high res scans of older films are crazy. like being in a time machine

The Human Dutch / Alleman (Bert Haanstra, 1963) [4K]

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

watched Mandy last night, was a lot of fun and the soundtrack was so good. Like a modern sword and sorcery revenge story. I only wish it had leaned more into the weird and that the villain wasn't so...generic, the Hellraiser biker dudes were way more interesting than the cult guys. It's been a long time since I watched Beyond the Black Rainbow but I remember that being truly weird and wish there was more here, the ending was just kinda deflated after the chainsaw fight.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Doing a rewatch of Burn Notice, think I am going to stop after the first Jesse season.

That whole era of shows are great, although the first handful of episodes involve scary brown people, and white women.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Doing a rewatch of Burn Notice, think I am going to stop after the first Jesse season.

That whole era of shows are great, although the first handful of episodes involve scary brown people, and white women.

That block of years with Burn Notice, Psyche, White Collar, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, and Suits was a hell of a run. It sucks NBC started gutting USA in 2016 onward.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i dont think i could handle rewatching burn notice. i watched most of the original run and it was fine but definitely got worse over time and the writing was kinda lovely. also there's something about that particular era/chan of tv shows that's feels so out of place that it's hard to rewatch

psych still owns bones though, one of the best network tv shows.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

i dont think i could handle rewatching burn notice. i watched most of the original run and it was fine but definitely got worse over time and the writing was kinda lovely. also there's something about that particular era/chan of tv shows that's feels so out of place that it's hard to rewatch

psych still owns bones though, one of the best network tv shows.

Those shows felt out of place when they were made. They're just so sterile.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nichael posted:

Those shows felt out of place when they were made. They're just so sterile.
that's the obama-era-as-gently caress special of tv shows around the time. I really liked Mr Robot but man there's no way I could watch that now, and because it went on for so long even watching the last season or 2 was a big drag in terms of how much general vibes have shifted and felt like an quaint extremely-obama-as-gently caress show in the end that was kinda just painful to get through

also that's just kinda how most USA shows are/were made. i do think Psych genuinely owns bones and still holds up very well

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I liked Burn Notice. I thought it was a neat show!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Same. I remember staying over at a friend's house one summer and I couldn't sleep so I just binged season 1 all night. I dropped off somewhere around season 3 or 4 but I thought it was really good up until then. MacGuyver for millennials.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Clip-On Fedora posted:

it was fun at the time but the constant whiplash of different writers loving up fiona so badly kinda soured it along with decline around s4. it's amazing just how awfully inconsistent she'd be written. "trigger happy ex girlfriend badass IRA agent pewpew kill em all guns ftw" to "oh no michael violence is bad, it can never solve anything, we should peaceful protest and Vote!" the next ep

like just written to be dramatic foil for whatever purposes the plot would need for michael foil at any given point in time. somewhats whiplashing around in the same episode

i guess if t hey were more like "shes a crazy bpd wommin on that time of month, am i rite fellas?" that'd at least be excusable, but it wasn't.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

gradenko_2000 posted:

Same. I remember staying over at a friend's house one summer and I couldn't sleep so I just binged season 1 all night. I dropped off somewhere around season 3 or 4 but I thought it was really good up until then. MacGuyver for millennials.

we already have that, its MacGyver. unironically love that 80s slop

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Yeah, but what if you want more MacGuyver? God knows you aren’t gonna get it from that MacGuyver remake a few years back.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yeah, but what if you want more MacGuyver? God knows you aren’t gonna get it from that MacGuyver remake a few years back.

You just have to put it together from whatever you can find nearby.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My partner has been showing me Psych for the first time and we're about 3 seasons in. As someone who never saw it in the mid-'00s I'd say it holds up mostly because of the two leads having great chemistry, even if it's straining credulity by now that no one at the police department has figured out that Shawn isn't really psychic. The theme song is atrocious though, skip that every time.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fuligin posted:

There is a late episode of burn notice where he makes an antenna so he can hear someones phone conversation using office supplies.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the burn notice guy was great in S2 of Fargo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Detective Burn Notice in Law and Order isn't as good as Copish, but then Copish left so Burn Notice had to be the lefty cop to the new Black Cop.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There is a late episode of burn notice where he makes an antenna so he can hear someones phone conversation using office supplies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8Wi7XRXCA

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cmon, his name is Bruce Campbell

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:dafuq:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

jeffrey donovan played dodd gerhardt in the second season of the Fargo television show

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he did a good job

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jeffrey donovan played dodd gerhardt in the second season of the Fargo television show

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

he was also a spook or something in Sicario

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Popy posted:

Got him burned

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I like psych

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

he is an actor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
drat this guys loving STUPID

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

MeatwadIsGod posted:

My partner has been showing me Psych for the first time and we're about 3 seasons in. As someone who never saw it in the mid-'00s I'd say it holds up mostly because of the two leads having great chemistry, even if it's straining credulity by now that no one at the police department has figured out that Shawn isn't really psychic. The theme song is atrocious though, skip that every time.
yeah Dule and James have amazing chemistry and easily carry the show on their shoulders, though it was all a good cast. they carried what was more a generic USA show production above and beyond what ostensibly should have been mediocrity on paper

the more recent tv-movies one offs they’ve done since the show end d have been pretty good too, surprisingly. except the guy who plays lasider is like mostly dead irl of stroke

iirc that he wasn’t a real psychic was kind of a wink wink thing among the PD. basically a way to have an off books guy shoving their dick into crime scenes as a consultant

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

drat this guys loving STUPID

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

though it was all a good cast

Maggie Lawson :allears:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
speaking of Fargo, isnt there supposed to be a new season soon? I hope it doesn’t suck like s4. I didn’t finish it

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

I didn't even START it. Bailed on the first episode, it was a grey washed out snooze and a waste of Evil Jessie Buckley. And to be honest Season 3 was saved by David Thewlis. Season 2 was one of the most entertaining seasons of TV I've ever seen.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cookie Cutter posted:

I didn't even START it. Bailed on the first episode, it was a grey washed out snooze and a waste of Evil Jessie Buckley. And to be honest Season 3 was saved by David Thewlis. Season 2 was one of the most entertaining seasons of TV I've ever seen.

yeah and the guy from Burn Notice was in it

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

yeah and the guy from Burn Notice was in it

im puttin you ON Notice :catbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Popy posted:

he was so dreamy :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXK48e0JmDY