Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

what I picked up from that is that our innate immunity, as in our immune system ROM that we come shipped with, can recognise and attack it

at least in some of us

yeah but i mean our immune system does that for lots of things, if it didn't we'd all melt as babies from random dirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
leper messiah is the best song on master of puppets and maybe even all of metallica

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

yeah but i mean our immune system does that for lots of things, if it didn't we'd all melt as babies from random dirt

well yeah but crucially not covid-19

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

well yeah but crucially not covid-19

eh it does eventually for most people

:smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
(although maybe I misunderstand what you mean but it doesn’t… our innate immune system doesn’t learn) :smugmrgw:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

(although maybe I misunderstand what you mean but it doesn’t… our innate immune system doesn’t learn) :smugmrgw:

no yeah you’re right, i just woke up and it’s early so i forgot what the other post said lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
another yospos success story

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

echinopsis posted:

leper messiah is the best song on master of puppets and maybe even all of metallica

nah it's creeping death

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

nah it's creeping death

that's on ride the lightning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

that's on ride the lightning

I know, I'm submitting that in the "maybe even all of metallica" category

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm mostly not really into metal these days but some acts are still great. early metallica, rob & white zombie. thats all that comes to mind right now but im sure there's more. most industrial stuff still holds up cause of the whole danceability thing

post-metal type stuff is still good too i guess, but it's so different as to not really count as metal imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
I'm only interested in ridiculous metal, such as EZO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgIbm-5JIko

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
and of course Guy Mann Dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEi3yXy_5g

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIj5NboqjlU

not metal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

nah it's creeping death

hmmmm good call. close regardless

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

these guys own live.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
*squints* i don't think those guys are really the power rangers

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Midjack posted:

these guys own live.

I heard they suck live!!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you heard wrong

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
so yesterday was the start of hut hut and gosh did hyundai buy some loving ad time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkIPEx8UuY

are they taking the piss ?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all they needed was someone considering suicide while in the commute

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

weird that a company that monitors and sells your sexual history would have awful opinions about other things

mystes
May 31, 2006

graph posted:

so yesterday was the start of hut hut and gosh did hyundai buy some loving ad time

I like when car companies run car ads that are just reminding everyone how much driving loving sucks

Edit: Like this old ad showing a world without cars, which is apparently supposed to make people want to buy cars? 🤔
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oWmY_mkCA

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 9, 2023

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mystes posted:

I like when car companies run car ads that are just reminding everyone how much driving loving sucks

right?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

This is the seventeenth time we've been told this over the past three years

I'm sure it'll work this time

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i got covid on wednesday, my first time having caught it, and while a lot of it's bad, i have been able to avoid boredom by forgetting to do anything and just standing or sitting staring blankly into the middle distance until my wife gets me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fermun posted:

i got covid on wednesday, my first time having caught it, and while a lot of it's bad, i have been able to avoid boredom by forgetting to do anything and just standing or sitting staring blankly into the middle distance until my wife gets me
I found a 71 hour world war two documentary to watch, that and drinking water are my main memories

oh and paxlovid mouth, that was bad but way better than losing my sense of taste/smell

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fermun posted:

ah the Mitch manoeuvre

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
which he stole from stains the dog

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i played a bunch of rimworld when i had it, which basically functions like fast forwarding life in that adam sandler movie with the remote

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

that movie hosed me up when I was younger and I still think of it at times when I’m fighting ennui

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

which is pretty impressive for a drat Adam sandler movie

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Truman Peyote posted:

i played a bunch of rimworld when i had it, which basically functions like fast forwarding life in that adam sandler movie with the remote

accurate

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
still haven't gotten it :cool:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s just outside ya know? no excuses as to why you haven’t gotten it in 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

echinopsis posted:

haven't gotten it this year, and that's not because I'm some shutin weirdo. only got it once before last year over Christmas which hosed with my plans (but my t cells are fine lol)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i've had it the once - last july iirc - and it sucked. managed to not get it so far this year, despite going to nintendo live in seattle with little jones (though it could still be incubating...)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

my immune system is just amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i have afaik managed to avoid it in 2023 but not 2020, 2021 or 2022

i did have a cold for almost a month back in april though so maybe not, but it didn't really feel like covid. idk, i tested negative but i don't think i did the swab right