Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We are SG22 and we are proud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SG1 Clip episodes could be legit good.

That one where all the big world powers are getting briefed for the first time on the Stargate program.

It's great plot development while being a clip show. And had a good amount of new content, like the all time classic of Thor beaming in at the end.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Make a budget new season that takes place in 2023 the entire season is clip show style other than getting actors to take up their old roles for a grand total of 2 hours of window dressing on 20 hours of reruns. It will be the greatest TV made this year.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Someone get a comic book company to make an SG-1/GI Joe comic.

It feels like there's some untapped potential for something there. SG-I-Joe.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

SG-1 vs. Predator

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

Someone get a comic book company to make an SG-1/GI Joe comic.

It feels like there's some untapped potential for something there. SG-I-Joe.

So GI-Joe offworld? Is that not the Stargate children's Cartoon I still haven't seen?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

itry posted:

SG-1 vs. Predator

SG's 8 and 9 would go down, but SG1 would be victorious!

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

itry posted:

SG-1 vs. Predator

Sir, we've lost contact with SG-2 through SG-25. We need you to pop over and take a look.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
SG-1/Ghostbusters is still a gangbusters idea.

SG-1 / FRIENDS: The One Where Ross Becomes Goa'uld Host.

SG-1 / X-Files could probably work with just Fox and Dana constantly trying to track what appears to be a strange ritualistic series of murders by a Goa'uld running loose on Earth not realizing it's aliens and an actual government cover-up by SG-1throughout trying to keep them from learning the truth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

SG-1 / X-Files could probably work with just Fox and Dana constantly trying to track what appears to be a strange ritualistic series of murders by a Goa'uld running loose on Earth not realizing it's aliens and an actual government cover-up by SG-1throughout trying to keep them from learning the truth.

Cigarette Man works for the NID

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

Should be done as 2 shows with weekly releases no way will that end up being a problem trying to get into it later!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

Should be done as 2 shows with weekly releases no way will that end up being a problem trying to get into it later!

This is amazing.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

pixaal posted:

So GI-Joe offworld? Is that not the Stargate children's Cartoon I still haven't seen?

Here's my pitch.

Issue 1: Someene finding an ancient lost snake temple on Earth and Cobra decides to kill all the archaologists and loot the place. However, a Cobra person becomes a host to a Goa'uld who is amazed that they have access to an entire snake-worshiping army upon their awaking from a sarcophagus and decides to take it over for themselves.

Issue 2: SG-1/GI Joe meet up because each one feels they have jurisidiction: One because SG1 knows theyre are signs of Goa'uld artifacts all over the place and GI Joe because this was a Cobra terrorist attack.

Issue 3: Meanwhile, the Goa'bra successfully has taken control and pumped up the combined forces of Cobra into launching an attack on the Stargate to take it over while contacting allies offworld to assist.

Issue 4: Joes and SG Teams unite to defend Cheyanne Mountain from both sides of the gate.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Guys, I love all of this brainstorming. I'll have my guys contact your guys.

:popeye:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Here's my pitch.

Issue 1: Someene finding an ancient lost snake temple on Earth and Cobra decides to kill all the archaologists and loot the place. However, a Cobra person becomes a host to a Goa'uld who is amazed that they have access to an entire snake-worshiping army upon their awaking from a sarcophagus and decides to take it over for themselves.

Issue 2: SG-1/GI Joe meet up because each one feels they have jurisidiction: One because SG1 knows theyre are signs of Goa'uld artifacts all over the place and GI Joe because this was a Cobra terrorist attack.

Issue 3: Meanwhile, the Goa'bra successfully has taken control and pumped up the combined forces of Cobra into launching an attack on the Stargate to take it over while contacting allies offworld to assist.

Issue 4: Joes and SG Teams unite to defend Cheyanne Mountain from both sides of the gate.

You lost me at Earth and Cobra working together. Sorry.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Set escaped and rebuilt his cult. Mulder puts together the same info that Daniel did (minus aliens) and thinks he's trailing an immortal. Sam and Skully exchange technobabble over an autopsy at some point.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Set escaped and rebuilt his cult. Mulder puts together the same info that Daniel did (minus aliens) and thinks he's trailing an immortal. Sam and Skully exchange technobabble over an autopsy at some point.

Set uses that Gould handpiece to stop Mulder from following him.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Okay those are some interesting pitches, but imagine this:

"Hey Teal'c, what your staff weapon needs is a little more power." [simian grunting]

Colonel O'Neill leans up against the wooden fence, and the neighbor peeks over. "You know Jack, the Ancient babylonians believed..."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Okay those are some interesting pitches, but imagine this:

"Hey Teal'c, what your staff weapon needs is a little more power." [simian grunting]

Colonel O'Neill leans up against the wooden fence, and the neighbor peeks over. "You know Jack, the Ancient babylonians believed..."

Terrible. I'd Zat you where you stood.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i just got up to the tokra double episode.

lots of cool stuff happened between thor being a grey and now. nid have gone from antagonistic rivalry to rogue agents using their own stargate to do their own thing thankfully they just had the stargate for 1 episode unless they got tricked again lol. tealc made a friend in town while living kafkas nightmare. and the native american episode. i wish the mongol episode was as good as the native american episode. plus i didnt see alot of redface in this episode which was honestly cool for such an old show. jacks rant in the native american episode was :chefkiss:

also horus's son trying to steal apothis's son / future host was cool plus tealc laying the blame on horus was great. then sharay's gould not turning them in was kinda wierd but after the tokra episodes i have to wonder if she may be tokra.

also why dont they just triple tap every single person with the zat gun. it would be so much better tons of times they just leave dead guards lying around to be found and have the alarms raised. like when they helped tealc get his son back jack triple tapped the best friend of tealc but he didnt even try to be like idk where he is but he didnt triple tap the guard if he had triple tapped the guard they wouldnt of locked it down and he could of got out much easier.

plus i think it might also make the systemlord of the people they are triple tapping suffer mentally because you could start spreading rumors about deserters and it makes it less obvious who their enemy is. if they always only triple tap instead of double tap everyone.

honestly there were only 3 episodes in almost 40 episodes i didnt like. the one i hated and the other two were just lovely in the begining or end of the episode. the only other show with this level of ratio from this era or older is b5 ds9 and koth.

also i figured out how to tell if they are in an alternate reality. tealc has hair! if tealc has hair their in some super vr or alternate reality

snergle fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 11, 2023

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

We don't talk about the zat triple shot anymore :ssh:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

McSpanky posted:

We don't talk about the zat triple shot anymore :ssh:

the triple tap is the orangutan?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

the triple tap is the orangutan?

The "Right Turn" of space warfare.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
My neighbor really likes this show.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

My neighbor really likes this show.

Is that bad? Cuz you can hear it?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Oh no, we frequently meet out in the courtyard and smoke. I tell her I'm reading about SG-1 on this cool internet forum, she expands on what I've read. It makes for good conversation and I get to experience the show vicariously through people reminiscing about it.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

credburn posted:

Oh no, we frequently meet out in the courtyard and smoke. I tell her I'm reading about SG-1 on this cool internet forum, she expands on what I've read. It makes for good conversation and I get to experience the show vicariously through people reminiscing about it.

Maybe you should watch it too. It'll grow on ya over time.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

Is she single? Not a Goa'uld?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

The "Right Turn" of space warfare.

i dont get that refrence

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

i dont get that refrence

Ah, old referenece. From these Clint Eastwood movies that also featured an orangutan. Named Clyde. Who would sit in the passenger seat, and one of the catchphrases was "Right turn Clyde", cuz that was the phrase to get the orangutan to punch, with his right hand.

Any Which Way But Loose

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

Ah, old referenece. From these Clint Eastwood movies that also featured an orangutan. Named Clyde. Who would sit in the passenger seat, and one of the catchphrases was "Right turn Clyde", cuz that was the phrase to get the orangutan to punch, with his right hand.

Any Which Way But Loose

oh my orangtan thing was about that poe story.

https://i.imgur.com/5dCOZIR.jpg

i made it a url because its loving long and a derail.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lol it isn't anything like that, the writers just decided that "three shots disintegrates" was a dumb idea and never referenced it again after the episode 1969, except as a joke in Wormhole X-Treme I think.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did the air force ever make Zats or were they all acquired?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Pretty sure if the air force started making their own zats they would of made them look less penis like, or possibly more penis like. One of those two.

So yeah, I'm going with all spoils of war.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Pretty sure if the air force started making their own zats they would of made them look less penis like, or possibly more penis like. One of those two.

So yeah, I'm going with all spoils of war.

Maybe they have to be penis like to work?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Maybe they have to be penis like to work?

Well if it's a the more penis like the better it works thing, I'm sure the fine science engineers in the US Air force would of just straight up made it a dildo.

And that would also probably make it cheaper to manufacture as like there would be countless "frames" they could get from any old dildo factory, rather than just designing and manufacturing something on a short order in house.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh no, their forces are getting stronger... Call in the bad dragon

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love how often SG teams say "gently caress your Prime Directive".

Just getting in there and messing with new worlds.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I love how often SG teams say "gently caress your Prime Directive".

Just getting in there and messing with new worlds.

you mean war criming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

you mean war criming?

Just spreading freedom, sir!