Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sprezzatura is enshrined in my heart and furthermore should be enshrined in the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"I won't let my daughters get taken advantage of at the party, but I'll send my son to take advantage of other people's daughters" is absolute dogshit

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I imagine they figure "we raised our son to be better than that" instead of gleefully sending him off to do a sexual violence.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowslips Warren posted:

of course sons also can't be pressured into sex or anything like that. :D. And it's okay if their son is in a position to pressure someone into sex, if that's the main reason their daughters couldn't go, that they would be.

The comments from OP are basically "well men don't get raped as much and my son is big! and I told him not to rape so it's fine."

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Do salamanders look as pained as the populace of DC? If not, let's stick with the sprezzatura

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

If a new thread title had to be better than an old thread title we'd be staying cramped for years. Sprezzatura is an all timer but it can't stay forever.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

If a new thread title had to be better than an old thread title we'd be staying cramped for years. Sprezzatura is an all timer but it can't stay forever.

You're right-- forget salamanders and sprezzatura, let's go back to stay cramped, bitch.

VOTE for stay cramped, bitch 2k23!!!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

r/relationships: Where is the salamander? Must you all look so cramped?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
r/sprezzatura: my cramps will regrow! I am salamander-like and powerful!

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Deformed Church posted:

r/relationships: Where is the salamander? Must you all look so cramped?

Excellent navel-gaze, but it's missing a certain je ne sais quois.

haveblue posted:

r/sprezzatura:

:kiss:

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Johan Gambolputty Sprezzatura of Olm

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Qylvaran posted:

Excellent navel-gaze, but it's missing a certain je ne sais quois.

What does that mean?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quackles posted:

What does that mean?

I don’t know

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's what being a married woman was like for a lot of history.

Yes. And that is a bad thing.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

redshirt posted:

Which one is Janeway, and the other guy?

Tom Paris, and you'll put some respect on Captain Proton's name.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Bee posted:

I imagine they figure "we raised our son to be better than that" instead of gleefully sending him off to do a sexual violence.

But surely there's no reason that they can't have fun hanging out with their peers who are doing the sexual violence, right

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
imo i think its kinda rude to assume that the teen parties are gonna be like an assault festival and it wont just be people playing board games

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

The Bee posted:

Brock Turner's family sure did, and they complained that it was only a few minutes and the poor baby wouldn't eat steak anymore since he was upset about being charged.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

the holy poopacy posted:

But surely there's no reason that they can't have fun hanging out with their peers who are doing the sexual violence, right

There's probably some good 'ol slut shaming in there too, it's fine for my son to (consentually) hook up with girls, but it's not fine for my precious angel daughters to hook up with a dude.

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

Jealous of Olm Time. I can flop around on the floor like a salamander, but I can't love it like he does.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Elviscat posted:

There's probably some good 'ol slut shaming in there too, it's fine for my son to (consentually) hook up with girls, but it's not fine for my precious angel daughters to hook up with a dude.

i'm not a sexist, it's just different with girls is all!!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

a bat posted:

Jealous of Olm Time. I can flop around on the floor like a salamander, but I can't love it like he does.

Just get better weed or pop a mandy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

a bat posted:

Wait till you discover (if ever) so called "Planck Time"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DreamingofRoses posted:

I hope they don’t talk to you anymore.

it sounds like that is the idea, yeah.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Pleads posted:

NTA, enjoy salamander time.

TA, because its probably a 3bd/2ba house with the 2nd bath attached to the master bedroom. So while homedude is getting his olm time on, someone else is traipsing through someone's weird room to take a poo poo.

Source: lived with four other roommates in a 3bd/2ba, had a roommate who loved olm time* which monopolized the only bathroom for 2 hours every night

*:nms: loudly having sex with his girlfriend

EDIT

the best way to reach olm time is a vape cart. run the shower, turn off the lights, and rip it past the point of caution.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my olm time ruined because roomie came in and took a steamy dump during my olm time

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Verdugo posted:

Johan Gambolputty Sprezzatura of Olm

:perfect:

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

BOOTY-ADE posted:

The simpler option is "I'm cheap/broke & oblivious to how pissed my friends are about me taking their food"

OP's banned so you can't search for comments easily, but there's one I was able to find - "whenever we go out, they pay my cover and I put all my drinks on their tabs, it is no big deal". So she's blatantly mooching.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

haveblue posted:

r/sprezzatura: my cramps will regrow! I am salamander-like and powerful!

Absolute perfection.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Olm boy needs to get a giant inflatable pool raft, a big jar of nuru oil and an oil warmer and then they can just dim the lights in their room and have a slippery time in there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Please do not interrupt my Om time (I take off all my clothes while my girlfriend puts on red contacts and blue body paint and treats me like an animal)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

TA, because its probably a 3bd/2ba house with the 2nd bath attached to the master bedroom. So while homedude is getting his olm time on, someone else is traipsing through someone's weird room to take a poo poo.

Source: lived with four other roommates in a 3bd/2ba, had a roommate who loved olm time* which monopolized the only bathroom for 2 hours every night

yeah that sucks that happened to you but none of that is said in the post, so

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This is not the only party the daughters will attend where there will be predatory young men. Keeping them from going to this party teaches them that "Mom and Dad are jerks" but doesn't teach them anything about how to handle large parties.

The daughters needed to hear basic safety-in-public-while-woman*, because they will need it throughout their lives. "Stay next to a few friends. Don't drink anything unless you opened the bottle or cap yourself. Call home if you feel unsafe; we'll pick you up, no questions asked. Or use this credit card for an Uber. Don't leave a drunk/intoxicated friend alone."

* Yes, this happens to people of every gender, but especially to women.

I do get your point but sending your teenaged daughters to an unsupervised drunken beach party known for it's coercive sexual nature is like throwing someone who can't swim in the middle of the north Atlantic as a first lesson

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Interesting (if somewhat expensive) way to split the difference on having a child-free wedding:

AITA for having a "fake" wedding for everyone to bring children to.

quote:

I had a huge wedding earlier this summer. With an equally huge reception. My parents paid and they didn't want it to be child free. I already knew that was going to be a fight so I just went along with it.

I bought a wedding dress from Facebook marketplace and had it tailored to fit.

The wedding was fun and noisy with babies and kids. I'm pretty sure I heard Mario Kart music as well.

The reception was loud and rambunctious with two of my younger cousins getting drink and puking. Late teens not children. Someone was giving them drinks because they were "old enough to handle it". A baby threw up in my dress.

A few people apologized but not most. A lot of people commented on how well my husband and I took the chaos.

The following weekend we got married for real. Just our parents and bridal party in attendance. I got to wear my beautiful dress that I picked with my mom and MIL. We had the same flowers and outfits. We got married at an outdoor pavilion that I have always thought was perfect.

We posted a few of the wedding pictures and people noticed that my dress was different and that the location for the pictures was different. They were asking WTF?

I said that we wanted everyone to join us for our wedding day and have a good time but that we also wanted the ceremony and pictures that we planned for ourselves.

Some of our family and friends say that we were assholes for inviting them to a fake wedding. I think we just had two ceremonies.

AITA?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

FMguru posted:

Interesting (if somewhat expensive) way to split the difference on having a child-free wedding:

You know what, if they can swing it, power to them. If all my friends wanted to throw double weddings I would attend them both.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

FMguru posted:

quote:

I'm pretty sure I heard Mario Kart music as well.

doing our first dance as a married couple to the Coconut Mall theme

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The Maroon Hawk posted:

doing our first dance as a married couple to the Coconut Mall theme

We dancing to baby park at my wedding or we ain't dancing at all.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FMguru posted:

OP's an rear end in a top hat because she wouldn't let me gently caress up her real wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I'm totally up for that first wedding.