Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Legion took off because streamers (and everybody else who played him) realized very quickly he was actually really good, basically borderline broken. Especially at 5/8.

That it was the spotlight system is pretty rich.

Anyway, that was all about spotlights while the topic was reserves I think. (I'm not opening mine. I've never regretted saving up reserves before, on the contrary, so I don't see why I shouldn't try it now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

MissMarple posted:

They will know the exact proportion of acquisition and subsequent usage of Legion from spotlights versus token purchase, and can compare that to the previous patterns of acquisition for each person. They have data to support what they said. It's entirely possible they either didn't do that analysis, or are lying about the results - but you can't really scoff at it being "a take" on their part when you are significantly less informed.

Pre-release, Legion was recognized as a card with a powerful effect. People were theorizing about oppressive things like Storm T4 followed by Legion T5, but this was (rightly) seen as not really justifying the card, and while other uses existed they wouldn't come up often enough to justify it. Then, four days before Legion released, Second Diner made Magik a 3-cost card so she actually became played regularly. Which meant that Legion released as a 3000 Token Card, which played alongside a 1-cost card will generally win the game against someone playing Magik.

This was a card that people were absolutely going to buy with tokens. I did.

Except, they're probably not lying when they say a lot of people got legion through the Spotlight system. They released Legion in a Spotlight cache alongside the High Evolutionary and Darkhawk. As in, the best Spotlight cache they've ever put out.

In this context, the claim that Legion's success proves the Spotlight system is working out is absurd.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

uXs posted:

Anyway, that was all about spotlights while the topic was reserves I think. (I'm not opening mine. I've never regretted saving up reserves before, on the contrary, so I don't see why I shouldn't try it now.)

Yeah right now I'm at 80 collecter's and the idea of opening them all for like 15 Conquest tickets, a couple hundred tokens, some credits and a bunch of titles and avatars doesn't entice me.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Yeah legion being massively disruptive AND a good body without needing anything at all to combo meant it was gonna be a good card. Saying there's a causal relationship from the cache switch -> legion play is very stupid. Yes SD has more data than we do but I promise you that having that data is one thing, using it correctly is entirely another. Pretty much every company has lots of data but sucks poo poo at properly understanding it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Will any future cards be released directly to series 1, 2, or 3?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm looking at the Discord for other people whose client (on Steam) crashes on startup, and I've noticed there are quite a lot of people who claim to have never acknowledged upgrading a card with gold, but have still had gold taken from them to upgrade a card.

It's probably an issue with client/server synchronization, where:

* player receives a bunch of boosters for a card (on their client)
* player upgrades the card right away
* server doesn't know about the boosters yet but receives a 'card upgraded' message and assumes the player must have used gold to upgrade

Support seemingly ignores every complaint and just cites the 'player used X gold to upgrade Y card on datetime Z' entry in their logs, and is apparently looking for video proof of this happening (which nobody has) before doing anything about it.

Anyway, as long as this isn't fixed you might want to never upgrade a card straight away after receiving boosters, but wait a bit until the server has definitely caught up before upgrading.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Red posted:

I highly doubt that

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm not even sure any still get released direct to Series 4 anymore.

Legion was the last one, yeah? And even cards like Howard th Duck are still Series 5, right?

At least I think he is, he's still listed at 6000 tokens in my shop, and I thought Series 4 were 3000 like Legion was.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Red posted:

The answer is likely no because there’s no way to monetize it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Legion was the last one, yeah? And even cards like Howard th Duck are still Series 5, right?

At least I think he is, he's still listed at 6000 tokens in my shop, and I thought Series 4 were 3000 like Legion was.

Man-Thing next month and Martyr the month after that will be S4 but yeah, SD is bloating the hell out of S5. Don’t understand it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ravonna and Mobius are the next S4 releases.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Bascially the original pitch of the game is that it wouldnt take long to be caught up with veteran players. Thats no longer the case with the ever-growing size of P5 and how slow P5 acquisition is. I'm certain they had a lot of data that said people often stopped logging in daily after they were P3 complete so they decided to dramatically change it.

I still dont get why dailies have been untouched for a year now, if people stop playing maybe its because being hostaged by dailies sucks. I've had to spend 45 minutes doing some of this win a lane with 20 points garbage and those are the trash experiences that make people quit.

There should at a minimum be a timer that auto completes all your dailies after you win 3 games because why the gently caress not?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The dailies I hate most are the win 4 games, win 4 lanes with 20+ power, and win 2 games with snaps. Give me play x cost cards, play x power worth of cards, draw x cards, play x cards all day long

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The dailies I hate most are the win 4 games, win 4 lanes with 20+ power, and win 2 games with snaps. Give me play x cost cards, play x power worth of cards, draw x cards, play x cards all day long
Agreed

When there are ‘win games’ requirements I usually just go into Conquest

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The worst is still "make opponents retreat" because it's entirely out of your hands

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

Bascially the original pitch of the game is that it wouldnt take long to be caught up with veteran players. Thats no longer the case with the ever-growing size of P5 and how slow P5 acquisition is. I'm certain they had a lot of data that said people often stopped logging in daily after they were P3 complete so they decided to dramatically change it.

I still dont get why dailies have been untouched for a year now, if people stop playing maybe its because being hostaged by dailies sucks. I've had to spend 45 minutes doing some of this win a lane with 20 points garbage and those are the trash experiences that make people quit.

There should at a minimum be a timer that auto completes all your dailies after you win 3 games because why the gently caress not?

win a lane w/ 20 pts is very doable with Infinaut as long as you're not also trying to win

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just don't like the ones where I can end a game with no progress to the mission whatsoever

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Opopanax posted:

The worst is still "make opponents retreat" because it's entirely out of your hands
That is not a daily...

Sandwolf posted:

win a lane w/ 20 pts is very doable with Infinaut as long as you're not also trying to win
And I have to do that four times per day I get the mission??? Should SD be proud?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

There can't be that many people hording Spotlight Caches for it to be a problem for developers right? I mean I play and knock out my missions everyday and I only have like two. Are the majority of Spotlight Caches from people that saved a ton of Collector's Reserve and got a bunch when they switched the system?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ The big hoards are, yes. I'm currently sitting on eight, but I could have had around 12 if I'd not banked on gaining as much gold and tokens as possible under the old system. Post-launch you can only get roughly one Spotlight a week as F2P, so there's no room to hoard except for obtaining specific cards you want and/or getting lucky with your opens.

No Wave posted:

One change is that you acquire S4 and S5 cards at the same time as S3. By the time a newer player is S3-complete they'll have more S4 and S5 cards than someone who completed S3 the day before Spotlights launched was at the same CL. Past that, though, it is a permanent gap because you're capped in the rate you can earn Spotlights (without spending money, anyway).

Jedit fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 11, 2023

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The play x cost cards ones always piss me off because they make me switch from the decks I want to play and/or make insane bad plays

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

dipple posted:

The play x cost cards ones always piss me off because they make me switch from the decks I want to play and/or make insane bad plays

Big Hand Loki is pretty good for these as you'll soon enough find yourself playing any cost. Quinjet and Agent 13 are 1, Maria Hill and Collector are 2, Loki is 3, Coulson gives you a 4 and a 5 and Fury gives you 6s. Plus of course whatever you get from your opponent's deck.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
griping at the dailies seems weird, i can't remember the last time i didn't clear em all out in like half an hour of just playing the game

i do have like 7 different decks i rotate through so maybe that's part of it

like 20+ power in a lane is almost a requirement to win, how is that not happening for you? the one that takes the longest for me is usually win a lane with 10 or less, but even that happens with retreats and just random variance

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 11, 2023

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Sometimes I don't even bother switching off of Cerebro 2 when I roll a Play 6 Cost Cards, I just let it sit there until The Raft shows up in a game where I don't draw the 'bro.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I really think the damage done to S3 collection is the greatest harm of the new system and I say that as someone who was S3 complete back in April. Why would they make it basically impossible to get *there* - it probably does have to do with drop off after S3 complete but that seems like a problem you don’t want to artificially solve.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If there's never any more S3's then I loving hate that every time I go to the store page the empty S3 card is front and center. If its truly done then move that poo poo somewhere else.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

New Leaf posted:

If there's never any more S3's then I loving hate that every time I go to the store page the empty S3 card is front and center. If its truly done then move that poo poo somewhere else.

I put a ask-the-team question in to suggest S3 complete folks get 1000 tokens from that every month instead and it got deleted for being leading lmao

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sandwolf posted:

I put a ask-the-team question in to suggest S3 complete folks get 1000 tokens from that every month instead and it got deleted for being leading lmao

Yeah, that belongs in the suggestions forum instead. They only accept straight questions in the questions forum. I've had that bite me once or twice, too.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

You have to phrase things in that channel in the form of a question, like jeopardy.

Is the team satisfied with the current implementation of the free season s3 card section of the store with respect to s3 complete players? Have you considered any alternatives to those players getting nothing every season?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Also, the dailies don’t disappear after 24 hours, do they? If you log back in later and just knock out the other missions, those “tough” missions can just be knocked out progressively over a couple days if you’re really having trouble with one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

Yeah really. If you're officially not doing S3 stuff anymore, surely you can flag that and remove that section

Red
Apr 15, 2003

They should dump all the generated cards into S2 or 3 - Winter Soldier, Sinister Clone, squirrel, Broodling, etc. At least give the completers something to collect.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Red posted:

They should dump all the generated cards into S2 or 3 - Winter Soldier, Sinister Clone, squirrel, Broodling, etc. At least give the completers something to collect.

first update their art to match their source cards' variants

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

first update their art to match their source cards' variants

Aren't they? I thought I saw zombie squirrels being datamined.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Zombie Squirrel Girl is the first. No others have been announced.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Red posted:

Aren't they? I thought I saw zombie squirrels being datamined.

a year later and it's a big deal for that one token.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Red posted:

The game probably doesn't need a 1/6 and 2/6 with no strings attached that can also be buffed by Patriot, actually.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I'll be honest, most of my dailies that I don't care for doing I just do in Proving Grounds Conquest. Why yes, yes you snapped on me oh nooooo. It would be a shame if I only won one lane with over 20 power, using only 3 cost cards and you won the other two lanes....multiple times in a row....

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Pulled Alioth and Snowguard and still have seven caches left so this system rules actually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

my 100% luck on spotlights had to run out. took me 4 to get alioth after pulling snowguard in 1.

almost at enough tokens for mobius + ravonna, so I can spend the next 3 weeks building my caches back up for October/November