Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

kri kri posted:

I watched this video last night

https://youtu.be/9_sJgHOPCmE?si=dSDNUP-UPfgk7KEq

Haven’t played since then but it looks kinda involved I’m gonna test it soon

This video is some kind of awful joke where you make 5k per trip selling plutonium your outpost has mined and sitting on a bench for 48 hours when you could just go pick up some guns from people you've killed while doing something fun or literally any mission reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I havent done any kind of material farming and im lvl 17 like 16 hours in and am sitting on 165k just selling the weapons of the dudes ive killed.

Ive encountered one thing i couldnt afford so far and it was a residence in a city. Not even sure what money is good for atm

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I like when games let you build a little self-sustaining economy that works in the background building up money and resources while you’re off doing other stuff. It’s cool and fun.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I was able to get my ship to hold a little more cargo with some fancy engineering. It was a lot of fun and now I'm planning to put more points into piloting so I can make dumb ships.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This sure is a Bethesda game and I mean that both positively and in that theres near 0 chance I finish it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Kevyn posted:

I like when games let you build a little self-sustaining economy that works in the background building up money and resources while you’re off doing other stuff. It’s cool and fun.

Yeah but Starfield doesn't work like that, to share resources you have to personally fast travel around to each outpost to move stuff to the right hopper that's powered by helium3.

Which is just mad, Fallout 4 made linking settlements a hassle some puzzle but once you did it resources were automatically shared no problem.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

1glitch0 posted:

I'd follow the main quest till you get to Mars and then just chill on Mars for awhile doing side quests there until you get your bearings.

In other words, get your rear end to mars

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

In other words, get your rear end to mars

Give these people air!!!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Bought a ship for the first time, it's called Econohaul and I bought it in Akila for only 104K.

It's huge and has 2660 cargo space.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can almost buy a ship but I'm trying to find someone to sell these two expensive guns I found but everyone is lowballing me. where do people sell things? all the vendors in Atlantis only have like 7,000 credits each

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

John F Bennett posted:

Bought a ship for the first time, it's called Econohaul and I bought it in Akila for only 104K.

I stole one from a random landing event. Best steal I've ever made.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

John F Bennett posted:

well, they didn't do false advertising eh?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Barudak posted:

This sure is a Bethesda game and I mean that both positively and in that theres near 0 chance I finish it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MK1 Pre-loading on Xbox is live.

Series S size is 101.5 Gb
Series X size is 140.5 Gb

According to leaked images floating around online, the physical Series X version is on two discs so there's likely something like 40-50+ gigs to download when installing from disc. If it's like the Switch version, the missing data might be the back half of the story mode.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hatty posted:

I can almost buy a ship but I'm trying to find someone to sell these two expensive guns I found but everyone is lowballing me. where do people sell things? all the vendors in Atlantis only have like 7,000 credits each
Vendor credits replenish every day if you don't mind selling your poo poo in chunks (your poo poo may or may not include Chunks)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I don’t suppose there’s been any news recently about the gamepass family plan becoming real for the rest of us, is there?

I have 2 series Xs, a series S, 2 one Ss and just set one of the xs (family room) as the home, so that my kids can play on gamepass in there (11 year old tries to claim that as his domain). 8 year old is playing in the living room on a One S but has to have my account signed in to allow him to play on gamepass. Because I am signed in there, I can’t be signed in on my series X in my office or it bounces my 8 year old. I would happily pay $5/mo per kid to join them to my account so they can play on there.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Alchenar posted:

Yeah but Starfield doesn't work like that, to share resources you have to personally fast travel around to each outpost to move stuff to the right hopper that's powered by helium3.

Which is just mad, Fallout 4 made linking settlements a hassle some puzzle but once you did it resources were automatically shared no problem.

No you don't. You can get outpost links and interstellar outpost links - regular links link up in system, interstellar between worlds. A bit of a pain, but you link all your outposts to one and then go to that one to fill up your cargo hold.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is there an easy way to see a list of all your outposts? There’s the menu where you can assign a crew member to an outpost but I don’t think it lists all of them.

I set up an outpost beacon on some moon somewhere and didn’t have enough materials to build anything else. Now I forget where it was so I can’t go back and finish building. It’s not listed on the crew page.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I tried to jump into the starfield and face planted. Figured I would try to do the cloud streaming version but it didn’t work out well and was unplayable. Now I’m waiting for 101 gb to download. Started thinking I should have loaded it on my series s as pretty much the only thing on it. Time to watch my backlog on the TiVo and fold laundry I guess.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Starfield keeps trying to show me the wonder of space and all Im wondering is where somemore heads to click on are.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Did a random quest where the space combat frustrated me because I was weak and it felt like I didn't have many ways of overcoming that. Therefore, I am now gonna be a space fighter main until I can crush every enemy ship effortlessly

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm a little disappointed in the choice of companions. Toms of galaxies and there's like 6 people who wanna come with you.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well part of the issue is that unlike the ME series there aren’t a bunch of alien species around

Kemian
Jul 26, 2004

Economics is not a science, and never will be!

otter posted:

I don’t suppose there’s been any news recently about the gamepass family plan becoming real for the rest of us, is there?

I have 2 series Xs, a series S, 2 one Ss and just set one of the xs (family room) as the home, so that my kids can play on gamepass in there (11 year old tries to claim that as his domain). 8 year old is playing in the living room on a One S but has to have my account signed in to allow him to play on gamepass. Because I am signed in there, I can’t be signed in on my series X in my office or it bounces my 8 year old. I would happily pay $5/mo per kid to join them to my account so they can play on there.

They wound it down last month in the countries they had it running and haven't announced anything further, so I suspect it will not be happening in the near future (though I hope I am wrong). https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/14/23795351/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-friends-and-family-plan-preview-end

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm a little disappointed in the choice of companions. Toms of galaxies and there's like 6 people who wanna come with you.

start cruising bars

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Looks nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtuBLc3cU-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlfxkhB6yg

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 11, 2023

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Looks like Mint Blitz got his hands on Starfield

https://twitter.com/MintBlitz/status/1701234388741103893?s=20

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

owns.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well part of the issue is that unlike the ME series there aren’t a bunch of alien species around

Wait what. Like as in there are no aliens or just not a lot.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Wait what. Like as in there are no aliens or just not a lot.

No sentient aliens, there's a bunch of alien life on planets and stuff.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just "got" lockpicking after playing for hours. You're trying to get rid of all the slots.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Wiltsghost posted:

No sentient aliens, there's a bunch of alien life on planets and stuff.

Wow, that uh, certainly is a choice!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Wow, that uh, certainly is a choice!

A good choice though, I'm glad they toned down on the typical sci-fantasy tropes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No sentient aliens is pretty solid, honestly, for Starfield.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

finally a credit card for me, the gamer
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/09/11/xbox-mastercard/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

A good choice though, I'm glad they toned down on the typical sci-fantasy tropes.

You say as I shoot Space Fireball at SpaceNinjas in between hitting them with my Space Katana.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

So WHY didn‘t they call it Master Chief Card?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neco posted:

So WHY didn‘t they call it Master Chief Card?

Nobody likes Halo anymore old person, get with the times.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

John F Bennett posted:

Fair enough, it just feels weird with the massive scope of the game. A depressing answer to the Fermi Paradox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Game's set in a tiny percentage of the galactic volume, so no sadness allowed.

Plus there's always the DLC. Who knows.