Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/sep/12/strawberry-yields-for-september-11-recipes-to-make-the-most-of-2-punnets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Guy works at a video store on 9/11. Calls his boss and suggests closing up for the night as he can't imagine there would be many customers. He gets a few and one of them rented 'Dude, where's my car?'.

http://www.i-mockery.com/visionary/videostore-9-11-01.php

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
To help me deal with it my therapist had me write a story where Spider-Man stopped the planes from cashing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Can't believe they let Bush get away with it.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Watched the TV news all throughout chemistry class and assumed the rest of the day would be like that. But then in English class the teacher wouldn't let us watch the TV, because English was more important than 9/11. gently caress your short almost-definitely-dead rear end Ms. Pacheco.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Valko posted:

Guy works at a video store on 9/11. Calls his boss and suggests closing up for the night as he can't imagine there would be many customers. He gets a few and one of them rented 'Dude, where's my car?'.

It was a Tuesday, I think. I had a blind date, that got cancelled cuz of 9/11!!

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Remember when somebody made 'Jews Did 9/11' on YTMND and the History Channel used it in a program? For context, this was when History Channel still have a small amount of respect left.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

redshirt posted:

It was a Tuesday, I think. I had a blind date, that got cancelled cuz of 9/11!!

It was a Tuesday because I was working a 12 hour shift in my dad's liqour store at the time. I heard about it in the afternoon and had to wait almost 9 hours to find out more.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

We were supposed to go on a swamp walk for my Issues in Ecology and the Environment class and it got canceled.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Listening to people tell you where they were on 9/11 is right up there with listening to people tell you their dreams. Especially for people around my age because the story is always "I was in school and they put it on the tv".

The ice breaker question at my last work retreat was "tell us about where you were when a major world event happened" and 90% of people had to tell "their story" about 9/11 (mind you, I live in Nebraska, so nobody had a personal connection). It made me want to jump off a 100 story building.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

wa27 posted:

It made me want to jump off a 100 story building.

I'm sorry, those buildings fell down

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
9/11 was great for Nostradamus and he really hasn’t been able to gain relevancy again since then

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

2012 was our last great event

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Hope I don't offend anyone with imagery of a historical tragedy. Or 9/11.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Where were you?

I was here OP. I was here shitposting.

wa27 posted:

Listening to people tell you where they were on 9/11 is right up there with listening to people tell you their dreams. Especially for people around my age because the story is always "I was in school and they put it on the tv".

The ice breaker question at my last work retreat was "tell us about where you were when a major world event happened" and 90% of people had to tell "their story" about 9/11 (mind you, I live in Nebraska, so nobody had a personal connection). It made me want to jump off a 100 story building.

I felt the same way - I was sleeping in NorCal after working a late night IT thing when the planes hit, when i first heard I thought it was an accident- but I clearly remember getting a work email from a customer telling me that they were closed the rest of the week because they were worried there was going to be a poison gas attack on San Francisco.

Also I worked with a guy who was a stock broker/trader on the Wall street floor when 9/11 happened, and its not my story to share but :stare: that made it real AF for me.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 11, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i remember being in computer lab and telling my teacher we might want to turn on the tv when I saw the breaking news on cnn.com I wasn't posting on the forums at the time but I was definitely lurking the threads

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What if everything was supposed to go down on September 10 but all the terrorists overslept and missed their flights?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

What if everything was supposed to go down on September 10 but all the terrorists overslept and missed their flights?

What if it was 7/11?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

What if it was 7/11?

can you imagine the deals on slurpees

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wa27 posted:

we didnt have that. we lived maybe 3 hours away from the flight 93 crash site and apperently the school decided we would have indoor recess practice that day. i know i was in my awful art class doing sponge stuff and when the pricipal came in and said some bad poo poo had happened. I vaguelly remember my mom crying in the car with me. my chud uncle(who is dead now) had worked in that area but hadnet that day.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

numberoneposter posted:

When you're a president, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

voting Dubya for a 2nd round because he was a :airquote: war president :airquote: was :discourse: for all of the US

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/2epnZC1.mp4

I don't think my school even turned on the TV for us. My recollection is that they kept information tightly controlled (though we had an idea of what was happening and people were being called home early) until the end of the day. I was a senior in high school.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bush Whispering Jpeg.jpg

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it turned out that osama bin laden was right, and a hero who loved anime.

obama didnt even know goku. osama watched the entirety of naruto, but admittedly that's kind of a mark against him

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Just a reminder that the worst piece of Star Trek media, Into Darkness, was written by a 9/11 truther.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

https://i.imgur.com/2epnZC1.mp4

I don't think my school even turned on the TV for us. My recollection is that they kept information tightly controlled (though we had an idea of what was happening and people were being called home early) until the end of the day. I was a senior in high school.

Lol my school was insane and already had us watching TV in time for the second plane to hit. Also the local station was especially bad about blurting out inaccurate poo poo they heard from a guy who heard from a guy.

Long story short I spent some time that morning thinking just about every conceivable thing in the US had a plane rammed into it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

wilderthanmild posted:

Lol my school was insane and already had us watching TV in time for the second plane to hit. Also the local station was especially bad about blurting out inaccurate poo poo they heard from a guy who heard from a guy.

Long story short I spent some time that morning thinking just about every conceivable thing in the US had a plane rammed into it.

There's a moment toward the end of this video in Regis and Kelly's live coverage where they're unclear if the aircraft that just hit was the 2nd or the 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Jl73KQZeo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

JethroMcB posted:

does this look like a man particularly concerned or surprised with what's happening

He's got his Kleenex there so he can finish right when the towers do.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
So only .3 years left until 9/11 is finally funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szfUkJ0-Bv8

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MrQwerty posted:

One memorial reflecting pool filled with slowly cascading wild cherry slurpee, the other, blue raspberry. Pina Colada fountain in the center of both.

Valko posted:

The guy renting Dude, Where's My Car was living his best life while the wanna-be Dante Hicks writing this sounds insufferable.

wilderthanmild posted:

Also the local station was especially bad about blurting out inaccurate poo poo they heard from a guy who heard from a guy.

That was pretty much par for the course with all media for most of the morning; I read the Timeline of September 11 on Wikipedia earlier and the mentions of stuff like CNN putting up a chyron that said "EXPLOSION ON CAPITOL HILL" and the AP publishing a "BOMB DETONATED AT STATE DEPARTMENT" report brought back some memories of just how frantic the rush of information was (and how primed we were for things to get worse.)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

One memorial reflecting pool filled with slowly cascading wild cherry slurpee, the other, blue raspberry. Pina Colada fountain in the center of both.

Doing a flip kick and filling my Cherry Slurpee

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Konar posted:

9/11 was great for Nostradamus and he really hasn’t been able to gain relevancy again since then

He's put out a string of really good albums recently but I don't know how relevant that makes Esco in 2023.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

can you imagine the advertising 22 years later? "prices are falling and we can't stop them!" *slurpee leaps out of a window and splatters*

wilderthanmild posted:

My dad flipped the gently caress out at the idea that I was going to the mall that afternoon to hang out with friends because I was like well, everything is hosed. I'm gonna seek out my one figment of normalcy; arcade day with friends. But he was convinced that Osama was gonna come run a plane into our lovely little mall in fucksville, the southeast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's still two months until 9/11/23 :confused: