Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

presumably one team can’t produce twice the amount of video content in the same time

It would be funny if they did go "well we don't need Kevin Dunn around now"

Or if they went "Kevin Dunn can produce both WWE and UFC shows"

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

kevin dunn directed UFC cards would definitely get me to stop watching a lot faster

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Cavauro posted:

i'm sure he could wrestle one. more. match.

A casket match?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

A casket match?

Now I'm picturing a WWE-under-Endeavor company doctor telling HHH "you're medically cleared to compete, it's fine" even as he's laying there groaning in pain as his defibrillator is going off in his chest

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1701287113604419739?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

You used to just be able to put anything on a t-shirt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

History Comes Inside! posted:

Never seen a corporate merger before? It’s basically battle royale.

Sure, but Vince hasn't really been functionally out of power at least since the board brought him back. If he wanted to get ride of HHH couldn't he have done it at any time?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzz2n9xC8ps

never forget :patriot:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

omlette

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Sure, but Vince hasn't really been functionally out of power at least since the board brought him back. If he wanted to get ride of HHH couldn't he have done it at any time?

There was a clause in the contract that during the close of the sale they couldn’t eliminate anyone making over $500k or something like that, presumably because they might be important enough to be of interest to Endeavor post merger to decide whether they should stay on or not.

But no, generally if you’re selling a company you try to make it stable and appealing while you’re trying to find a buyer and as mentioned there is a desire for stability during the close too. The big bloodbath almost always happens after the close of the sale.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

x-tra cheesey add .50

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

If you’re selling the company once you have an offer on the table and agreed in principle you leave it the gently caress alone and do nothing that could jeopardise the sale.

Once the sale goes through the axe starts swinging.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Where the gently caress is my tall glass of shut up juice

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Where the gently caress is my tall glass of shut up juice

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I wonder why people might think HHH is gone after the sale.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1689772780114317312

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

I wonder why people might think HHH is gone after the sale.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1689772780114317312

Not that HHH is the savior of WWE or anything, but he clearly has a different vision for what WWE could be than Vince does and HHH's vision is way better than Vince's in general. About to be back to business as usual, baby!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

There was a clause in the contract that during the close of the sale they couldn’t eliminate anyone making over $500k or something like that, presumably because they might be important enough to be of interest to Endeavor post merger to decide whether they should stay on or not.

But no, generally if you’re selling a company you try to make it stable and appealing while you’re trying to find a buyer and as mentioned there is a desire for stability during the close too. The big bloodbath almost always happens after the close of the sale.

For comedy's sake I hope you guys are right!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Ganso Bomb posted:

Not that HHH is the savior of WWE or anything, but he clearly has a different vision for what WWE could be than Vince does and HHH's vision is way better than Vince's in general.

Not really

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hoss Corncave posted:

In terms of people who could likely be let go, who would AEW want? I can't think of many people.

The sound guy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

blunt posted:

The sound guy

lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

Not really

I mean judging by who was hired back when Vince was gone, I think so. And the way NXT was run under HHH compared to others. He’s obviously not perfect but I think it’s disingenuous to say he’s not better and different than Vince from a booking standpoint.

bartok
May 10, 2006

HHH not really living up to that Cerebral Assassin nickname

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's the same vision, Triple H and Vince just have different favorite toys

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bartok posted:

HHH not really living up to that Cerebral Assassin nickname

To be fair, it's tougher to go to an actual corporate board to ask "am I loving going over"?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every1 who replied to me is wrong and i'm right. all upcoming cuts were going to happen normally.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm predicting Stephanie comes back after the merger. I have no evidence, I just want to be different

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your'e loving right gumbus. But she's going to fight for the featherweight belt

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

YOU TAKE THAT FRENCHIE LANGUAGE, SHINE THAT SUM BITCH UP REAL GOOD, AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY rear end

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You know what they call a candy rear end in Paris, Jules? Le candy rear end.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Matt Riddle update:

quote:

After the incident at JFK Airport on Saturday, PWInsider.com can confirm that Matt Riddle is not at tonight's Monday Night Raw taping.

WWE sources have also stated that as of this writing, he is no longer expected to work this weekend's live events in Idaho and Washington, which Riddle had been booked on.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=175262

Stick a fork in him, this reads to me like he's toast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh no!

anyway

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Endeavor has their first firing lined up. They should do it on NXT like Vince firing Jarrett during the last Nitro.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'll believe it when they close down titan tower

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh, God! I pierced the toast!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Maaaaaybe AJ Styles or Finn but those don’t seem likely.

MJeff posted:

McIntyre, who they're just holding on an injury extension to keep him out of AEW's hands a little longer anyway.

I don't see them releasing any of those three along with Ali out of spite.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DarkstarIV posted:

Matt Riddle update:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=175262

you eat toast with a fork?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hoss Corncave posted:

I don't see them releasing any of those three along with Ali out of spite.

I do agree but I think keeping people out of spite isn’t going to be as palatable to the Endeavor side. It’s one thing to keep a fighter under contract who is paid per appearance so it doesn’t cost anything but paying some guy six figures to show up and eat catering every week out of spite doesn’t sound like something Endeavor would be enthusiastic about

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

you eat toast with a fork?

french

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't know Matt Riddle was french

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

welcome to AEW, Hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer