Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Cuttlefush posted:

yep. and then having trouble with entirely new bosses is pretty ftw. ng+ and ng++ were way more fun than the first time, which I thought was pretty fun

loved the twist on the early game dam mission, just getting a call from your target half way through saying they'll pay you double to switch sides and taking him up on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

genericnick posted:

What should I look for in cores and heads? Making my AC pretty?

Fashioned Core

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

silentsnack posted:

parasite eve protagonist is a generically hot blond-haired-blue-eyed ladycop and randomly discovers she has magical superpowers by implausible coincidence, but you have to ignore all of the parts of the story that actually make sense

in rimworld you can live out the ultimate libertarian power fantasy of gunning down hordes of mindless savages who want to break into your house and steal your poo poo

yeah if you play it extremely suboptimally. optimal rimworld play is space communism where you imprison all the raiders in lavish confinement until they love you and then you fight robots together. the way shooting mechanics work if you don't get a constant stream of immigration everyone eventually gets brain damage from a lucky brain shot

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

loved the twist on the early game dam mission, just getting a call from your target half way through saying they'll pay you double to switch sides and taking him up on that.

pretty sure this isn't a ng+ exclusive thing. i think a lot of people just blow through that trigger. but yeah there are a few of those twists in missions. they're good.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

my bony fealty posted:

is that the junction box quest cause that quest sucked rear end

hmm maybe my lukewarm opinion of Starfield has been predicated on my experiences so far being 1) the main questline up to the lodge 2) this questline 3) the first bank quest where i traveled to a distant planet to find a man sitting deadeyed in a solitary isolated eight foot square room whose dialogue was just "ah so youve come to shoot me in the head for the money, just in time" and whose persuasion dialogue choices were "cmoooon give me the money" and "pleeeeaaase"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Cuttlefush posted:

pretty sure this isn't a ng+ exclusive thing. i think a lot of people just blow through that trigger. but yeah there are a few of those twists in missions. they're good.

the game puts up a mission border to stop you from advancing while the call is going on, I think I would've remembered that. and that fight definitely feels NG+ difficulty wise.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bro Dad posted:

only cool members of constellation are the homeschooled gods army kid and the ruthless capitalist

only cool companion is a 5 foot tall shotgun carrying polish lesbian

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
its definitely not woke when my purple hair colonist locks himself in his room because he had to eat lunch standing up and someone called him a boomalope

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al! posted:

only cool companion is a 5 foot tall shotgun carrying polish lesbian

I still think Barret is pretty alright but Marika should have been main cast for sure

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"here just take my spaceship" is a pretty barret move once you get to hang out with him a bit, it's in character. he's got a very zen aura. but they never really give him a chance to get characterized and then you never really have to interact with him again so it comes off as beep boop main character tutorial sequence complete bye

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Jon Irenicus posted:

doesn't SH3 have an extended abortion metaphor lol

youve been mislead, ive read some compelling literature saying that the whole series is about male circumcision

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

youve been mislead, ive read some compelling literature saying that the whole series is about male circumcision

no no no SH4 is the one about male circumcision. SH3 is about abortion and being a single mother, SH1 is about small town political extremism and SH2 is about how tough it is to date later in life

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah if you play it extremely suboptimally. optimal rimworld play is space communism where you imprison all the raiders in lavish confinement until they love you and then you fight robots together. the way shooting mechanics work if you don't get a constant stream of immigration everyone eventually gets brain damage from a lucky brain shot

yeah the whole point is you have to selectively only consider the things that agree with your chosen bias and ignore everything that contradicts it.

which is how rightwing thinking works the rest of the time too. lack of internal consistency and all that.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the game puts up a mission border to stop you from advancing while the call is going on, I think I would've remembered that. and that fight definitely feels NG+ difficulty wise.

pretty sure you can blow right through it if you do damage at the right time. i've seen a few people say they never get the offer. i definitely got it the first time I did that mission. not sure if there's another choice that may or may not trigger it though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jon Irenicus posted:

no no no SH4 is the one about male circumcision. SH3 is about abortion and being a single mother, SH1 is about small town political extremism and SH2 is about how tough it is to date later in life

SH4 is about apartment hunting, wfh isolation, and gentrification.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vaxxed?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

these bg3 menus. god drat they're so lovely. they somehow made them worse than dos2, amazing. plus this dang game was in ea for like over a year and it's buggy as hell despite just being dos2, a game that was already released.
amazing

bg3? buggy game 3.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol at calling anything made by kojima "conservative" unless you think simply being horny is a conservative trait

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jon Irenicus posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

I liked Starfield so much that I ended up picking up Fallout 4 for the PS5 since it was on sale and Starfield is an Xbox/PC exclusive and I wanted something to play in the same vein when I'm not on the desktop.

I played through 2.5 hours of it so far - met with Preston Garvey, got that small set-up in Sanctuary and I'm now heading for a new town.

Do you get to craft your own ammo in this game?

I get the basic idea that you're supposed to hoover up all the knick-knacks like desk fans and coffee cups and cola bottles, and then break them down into raw materials, and then you can use those raw materials both for crafting settlement items as well as your own weapon/armor mods... but is there a way to scrap items directly from the inventory/PIPBOY? I ended up having to go back to Sanctuary, drop all the things like ashtrays and molerat teeth on the floor, and then scrap them as items lying on the ground. I think I might just have missed the right button to do it with.

It's a very pretty game and the vibe is great. Starfield really taught me how to approach and appreciate this genre, I think.

The next plot beat is fine. I liked the Kellog track down, the military dungeon, and the followup mind palace. If the plot beat after that is not feeling good then it is a good time to break off and do a Far Harbour tour with your new detective buddy.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Al! posted:

lol at calling anything made by kojima "conservative" unless you think simply being horny is a conservative trait

kojima games don't have a character creator where you can select pronouns and there are very few black people idk what else you want

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

now if you want a sneaky shootman thats virulently right wing you want the splinter cell series. theyre all about murking brown people. sometimes hes the enemy of the US but its only because sam whatever is the Last Real Patriot

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

one of my biggest questions in life is where Gamers draw a a line wrt female protagonists. like where on the 2b to aloy axis is it at

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

ew female protags

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dead or Alive lmao

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

ubisoft games are rightwing as gently caress, ac unity might as well as been written by a legitimist

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

turn off the TV posted:

kojima games don't have a character creator where you can select pronouns and there are very few black people idk what else you want

you do get your nouns assigned at the end of the game based on performance. or sometimes during the game. or in multiplayer sometimes you can pick them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
They think the game is conservative because characters in it say "what about the good stuff war has done for society?" and they, in their living and bed rooms said "yeah" and that was the extent of engagement with the material that happened

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
this is turning aidsy fast

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's not my fault the thread chose to bring it up while I'm actually playing the game which rules btw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yep. it's uncle wemus' fault

if you post a tweet like that you should lose half your max hp each time

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

all video games are inherently reactionary or something

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thread needs an ik

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yep. have a good reaction time? thank your chud dna for that

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

rip volition rip red faction

plz give me the ip rights to red faction

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the only not reactionary game is Fortnite

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

the only not reactionary game is Fortnite

That Is Correct

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

evilmiera posted:

How is Morrowind, a game written by someone most likely very high, wherein you ally with a genderfluid pansexual demigod to kill off an ultranationalist sect a conservative game?

Is it that the game depicts slavery and you aren't forced to help end it? Is that the bar?

He's an uncritical moron who played those games before he became radicalized and thus have already settled into the "Good Things" part of his brain and so in his modern idiot self he things good things are conservative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol