Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, abundance's resonance interplay blessings are great. +30% weakness break efficiency, +100% break effect, and +60% all damage. And since you're on abundance, there's no excuse for not getting both plus cherry picking the best of the other paths' 1 and 2 star blessings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly I just die halfway through stage 2 most of the time. I've never gotten anything close to a "complete" build even with all the time-wasting. While Preservation get it pretty easily just from cornerstone bonus blessings.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Fuli just showed up and gave me ten blessings for free while I had gepard in my party :aaaaa:

Shame it happened in 3 and already had a strong set-up.. and not in 5 which I haven’t beaten :v:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Tbh, every other path really suck at dealing damage or surviving in Swarm.

But in the Swarm, instead of at best getting 20 blessings and 3 curios, you can get over 40 blessings and 10 curios. You're not supposed to stick with a single path, you're supposed to build up your team the best you can with other paths blessings

Abundance is super easy since you can just go everywhere but as you get more cheats and rerolls, you can get tons of blessings and curios on the other paths too

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the really popular thing for quickly clearing the high difficulties with it on day 1 was a healer + gepard and taking a lot of preservation talents on top of the abundance ones and grabbing a lot of the synergies since you got so many picks at blessings. like anything i think the characters you have will influence your success a lot, especially having luocha (though i used natasha and found it quite good.)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

Tbh, every other path really suck at dealing damage or surviving in Swarm.

But in the Swarm, instead of at best getting 20 blessings and 3 curios, you can get over 40 blessings and 10 curios. You're not supposed to stick with a single path, you're supposed to build up your team the best you can with other paths blessings

Abundance is super easy since you can just go everywhere but as you get more cheats and rerolls, you can get tons of blessings and curios on the other paths too

yeah the Resonance Interplay mechanics are also huge

so you're not really aiming to max out one path, you're aiming to max one and then pump 2-3 other specific paths

Here's a list for anyone who wants to plan ahead and not look it up on the path screen every time

Abundance : Propagation, Nihility

Destruction : Preservation, Elation

Elation : Remembrance, Abundance

The Hunt : Abundance, Elation

Nihility : The Hunt , Propagation

Preservation : Nihility, Remembrance

Propagation : Destruction, Preservation

Remembrance : Destruction, The Hunt

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 11, 2023

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Just noting there should be a planar fissure event later this week. 9/15 it looks like.

So save your SU weekly doodads until later in the week if you want.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

abundance is pretty good with blade because his self-healing procs all of it

This is also key to abundance. You know how some characters get tiny self heals that are barely worth it? They are popping off on abundance. They become actually meaningful and also act as abundance triggers.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

What do we know about the short pink tank lady with regards to relics, trace mats, and ascension mats? I might not get her but I've got a decent shot, and I want to prefarm

Edit: ty Kyro-kun

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 11, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

big cummers ONLY posted:

What do we know about the short pink tank lady with regards to relics, trace mats, and ascension mats? I might not get her but I've got a decent shot, and I want to prefarm

Scalegorge Waterscape echo of war material, the new nail Quantum material, and standard Preservation mats.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Speed boots and HP chest. Two 2-pieces from among Guard/Passerby/Messenger/Disciple, wherever you happen to get the best substats. In the abstract, I think Guard and Passerby are best; the 10% healing bonus should be even better for her than for dedicated healers, proportionally, since she doesn't want it on her chest.

ER rope and HP orb, theoretically Vonwacq, Keel, or Fleet, again based on substats and what helps the rest of your team the most.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

poo poo, just one more week to panic obtain DHIL instead of Fu Xuan, or keep holding. I realized I've hoarded long enough to get either one of them *and* Topaz at least. I grabbed Silver Wolf instead of Luocha which was overall ultimately a bad plan, so going for Sustain over More Damage seems like a good idea... but I do have literally zero Imaginary damage dealers and got Gepard since then...

(And I like both characters, despite the story shortchanging Dan, so I can't even let the heart decide.)

Gacha is cruel.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
There's also a case for Guard 4-piece, since it gives her exactly what she needs when she needs it the most, but I'd want to play with her and see how often she actually ends up in that position before I went to the effort of farming it up. Might be worth a look if you already have great Guard pieces from farming the quantum set for someone else, though.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
My playing it safe relic plan for Fu Xuan is Longevous Disciple/Fleet of the Ageless. If nothing else, more HP is going to do nothing but good for her. Maybe a Longevous/Guard mix, it depends on how her numbers turn out if she'll actually need to play it that safe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FractalSandwich posted:

There's also a case for Guard 4-piece, since it gives her exactly what she needs when she needs it the most, but I'd want to play with her and see how often she actually ends up in that position before I went to the effort of farming it up. Might be worth a look if you already have great Guard pieces from farming the quantum set for someone else, though.

I'm probably gonna go 2 Guard/2 Longevous/Vonwaq for mine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally I can throw Gepard (and Nat) into the dorks pile for good

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

FractalSandwich posted:

Thanks, this is probably what I'll go with since I need to farm better quantum pieces for seele and silver wolf anyway

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Clarste posted:

For what it's worth, I am not joking when I say Abundance sucks. It's by far my least favorite path, and I am honestly confused as to why people think it's good? In my experience it has both terrible damage and terrible survivability. I suppose you can make up for these weaknesses with off-path stuff, but why should I have to? Its only benefit is healing to full sometimes for free, but with other paths you simply don't need that healing, and it really doesn't offer enough max HP to prevent squishies from getting 2-shot between heals.

and what matters if you can heal for full when you can get one shot, you need damage mitigation like more defense or shields in that aspect

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

yeah the Resonance Interplay mechanics are also huge

so you're not really aiming to max out one path, you're aiming to max one and then pump 2-3 other specific paths

Honestly my priority picks from Abundance are just all the Dewdrop ones, reduced damage taken at full HP, ATK buffs on heal, skill points on heal, speed boost on heal and then max HP up. I don't always need the third resonance bonus even if it is nice.

But the best things to stack with it are the Spores from Propagation, Nihility's weakness break efficiency, DoT on attacking broken enemy and DoT trigger on attacking broken enemy, Destruction's max HP up and all characters split incoming damage, and Preservation's shield on end of turn/on taking damage/every 2 turns, plus shielded characters take less damage. When shielded and at full HP, characters take less than half damage, which is split between them all, and then Dewdrop/Clara's counter under Luocha's field heals everyone back to full, and Preservation puts the shield back on them. If Hunt's Critical Boost stuff comes up I'll usually nab that as well but it's far from necessary.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

FractalSandwich posted:

I think Guard 4 piece is borderline terrible for her because her self-heal will trigger any time that she drops into range to activate it; the only time it will ever be relevant is if she's getting her rear end beat so hard through her titanic mitigation that you literally don't have time to ult again before she's nearly dead but she happens to survive to the beginning of the next turn cycle for it to fire, which is a situation so bad that I'm not sure the mediocre 4 piece bonus will save you.

I think 2 piece guard/2 piece longevous seems to make the most sense. She absolutely loves HP.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I like how it's implied that the Aeons intervention was what stopped the Swarms since the swarm just up and immediately started to fade away while in the Swarm Occurrence you follow a unnamed highly skilled normal person who managed to sneak through the hive and take out the hive brain.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Getting there!!!

I've at least decided, I am gonna pick Clara. Mostly because I have

This.

I just hope Clara wont be obsolete by then...

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Meowywitch posted:

I just hope Clara wont be obsolete by then...

Unlikely. IIRC she has the highest theoretical DPS in the game. Topaz will boost that further, and as far as I know, there are zero characters in the pipeline with a similar role.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Kanos posted:

I think Guard 4 piece is borderline terrible for her because her self-heal will trigger any time that she drops into range to activate it; the only time it will ever be relevant is if she's getting her rear end beat so hard through her titanic mitigation that you literally don't have time to ult again before she's nearly dead but she happens to survive to the beginning of the next turn cycle for it to fire, which is a situation so bad that I'm not sure the mediocre 4 piece bonus will save you.

I think 2 piece guard/2 piece longevous seems to make the most sense. She absolutely loves HP.

If I understand correctly, her self-heal is "90% of the amount of HP she is currently missing" (at lv10), so supposing she has an HP of 10k, and gets hit down to 25% health, her self-heal will bring her back up to 2500 + 7500*90% = 9250 HP, whereas with the Guardian 4p you get an 8% (800 HP) heal on top of that, leaving you at full health instead (and 5 energy richer).

Whether that's worth it or not is debatable, I guess.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kanos posted:

The idea is that the little bit of extra energy, in particular, could be the thing that salvages an otherwise unsalvageable situation; the extra HP from Disciple can save you from a killing blow too, but precisely because she already stacks so much of it, another 12% of her base isn't going to make a massive difference to her overall throughput, especially with the weird maths of her "missing health"-based healing.

I don't think 4-piece Guard is the best choice either, but you don't need completely insane substats to make it competitive, given that she always wants the 2-piece anyway.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

darkgray posted:

If I understand correctly, her self-heal is "90% of the amount of HP she is currently missing" (at lv10), so supposing she has an HP of 10k, and gets hit down to 25% health, her self-heal will bring her back up to 2500 + 7500*90% = 9250 HP, whereas with the Guardian 4p you get an 8% (800 HP) heal on top of that, leaving you at full health instead (and 5 energy richer).

Whether that's worth it or not is debatable, I guess.
Her self-heal triggers instantly, outside her turn, as soon as she survives an attack with less than half health, so they'll never happen simultaneously like that. That is basically what the 10% bonus healing from 2-piece Passerby should do for her, though, if it works correctly.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
My eyes went straight to the numbers and completely missed the crucial "At the beginning of the turn" part of the description. :(

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently Jingliu may have been buffed again after the latest rounds of beta testing.

Xalidur posted:

poo poo, just one more week to panic obtain DHIL instead of Fu Xuan, or keep holding. I realized I've hoarded long enough to get either one of them *and* Topaz at least. I grabbed Silver Wolf instead of Luocha which was overall ultimately a bad plan, so going for Sustain over More Damage seems like a good idea... but I do have literally zero Imaginary damage dealers and got Gepard since then...

(And I like both characters, despite the story shortchanging Dan, so I can't even let the heart decide.)

Gacha is cruel.

In about another month or so I actually kind of have to start worrying about this stuff in Genshin Impact again too for the first time in nearly a year. .1-.5 patches are looking super stacked in that game if all leaks are true. Like maybe not right away since I built up a huge stock of gems in the last 2-3 patches for the game, but by the time 4.1 is winding down and the 4.2 livestream has aired is when I'm really going to have to think about it.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 11, 2023

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zurai posted:

Unlikely. IIRC she has the highest theoretical DPS in the game. Topaz will boost that further, and as far as I know, there are zero characters in the pipeline with a similar role.

I dont know, even when shes geared to the teeth she wont do as much damage as other carries. But the big thing is that she does good damage in an aoe while tanking. And Lynx will fix the primary issue of not getting hit as frequently and no one benefits from Topaz buffs as much as her.

SR is really knocking it out of the park so far when creating characters that slot neatly into party comps so even normal banner 5*s get support.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

The Abundance path buffs are what makes it powerful. With mercy, you're able to gather up a ridiculous number of blessings and curios. I also use Luocha and Blade on my team, so the outgoing healing boost for having a high count basically just means that whenever I do anything the entire party is back up to full health.

The resonance is less important, but it is handy to auto-apply whatever buffs you have from your abundance blessings and to cleanse debuffs.

I imagine it works better for some teams than others, like any of the paths, really.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Note to self - avoid the "you get double the currency but no blessings after battles" Curio

I feel like the only situation where that'd even remotely be worthwhile is if you had literally every other Curio that gives currency-based buffs, and even then I kind of doubt it. It should be way more than just double currency to make it worth it - double just means you get like 56 for a regular combat node, which is half of a 1* blessing lol

edit: The "you gain 50 each time you enter a domain but can't get above 500" one actually seems quite nice, though - just need to make sure you give yourself opportunities to spend frequently enough.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 11, 2023

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Genovera posted:

The Abundance path buffs are what makes it powerful. With mercy, you're able to gather up a ridiculous number of blessings and curios. I also use Luocha and Blade on my team, so the outgoing healing boost for having a high count basically just means that whenever I do anything the entire party is back up to full health.

The resonance is less important, but it is handy to auto-apply whatever buffs you have from your abundance blessings and to cleanse debuffs.

I imagine it works better for some teams than others, like any of the paths, really.

Blade is the poster boy for the path. really loves Max HP, has a self Heal and while he cares less about the sub Nihility Path the Basic Attack buffs from Propagation are great.

quote:

Note to self - avoid the "you get double the currency but no blessings after battles" Curio

I feel like the only situation where that'd even remotely be worthwhile is if you had literally every other Curio that gives currency-based buffs, and even then I kind of doubt it. It should be way more than just double currency to make it worth it - double just means you get like 56 for a regular combat node, which is half of a 1* blessing lol

It can work but you have to really look for the other currency based Curio's and rely on buying you rBlessings.

MadHat fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 11, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

edit: The "you gain 50 each time you enter a domain but can't get above 500" one actually seems quite nice, though - just need to make sure you give yourself opportunities to spend frequently enough.

Excelzior posted:

oh my god

I did a run starting with the "you get 100% cosmic fragments, but no blessings"

then on the 2nd boss I got "Sacrifice fragments, get 25% crit damage for each 100 fragments"

long story short my characters all have +600% crit dmg

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Okay, I got all the defensive Abundance blessings (less damage at max HP, etc), spores from propagation, and a smattering of other stuff from taking as long and circuitous a route as possible, and Svarog was one-shotting people in his 3rd phase. Like, Svarog isn't even hard, my team is normally good against him. Abundance just gives you no survivability and no damage, I do insanely worse with it than every other path. At least if I had damage and no survivability I could hope to kill the enemies before they kill me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just had some Nihility Aeon event thing happen that prematurely ended my run. It was a good run too!

Excelzior posted:

oh my god

I did a run starting with the "you get 100% cosmic fragments, but no blessings"

then on the 2nd boss I got "Sacrifice fragments, get 25% crit damage for each 100 fragments"

long story short my characters all have +600% crit dmg

Even +600% crit damage would still suck with almost no other blessings, since you'd get one-shot on any higher difficulties.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I just had some Nihility Aeon event thing happen that prematurely ended my run. It was a good run too!

Even +600% crit damage would still suck with almost no other blessings, since you'd get one-shot on any higher difficulties.

It only stops you from getting blessings from combat. You can still get blessings from other stuff. And it doubles fragment gains from everything.

That said, I agree that it's not worth the risk of taking it most of the time, but it absolutely can work. I had a run that got really crazy with it, but that was only difficulty 4; I have no risked taking it since delving into D5.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ytlaya posted:

It's easier than you think to accidentally go above 500.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I wonder if they intentionally gave us all a really super great run on purpose just to make it really hurt when we meet Ix?

Clarste posted:

Okay, I got all the defensive Abundance blessings (less damage at max HP, etc), spores from propagation, and a smattering of other stuff from taking as long and circuitous a route as possible, and Svarog was one-shotting people in his 3rd phase. Like, Svarog isn't even hard, my team is normally good against him. Abundance just gives you no survivability and no damage, I do insanely worse with it than every other path. At least if I had damage and no survivability I could hope to kill the enemies before they kill me.

You mentioned that you were using Fire MC right? Their shields are just too tiny for anything imho (including regular SU)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

my ix run was going nowhere so I really didnt mind :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Clarste posted:

I think it's just a matter of team composition. It probably feels bad if there's no synergy between its benefits and your crew, but when it works it's extremely effective. That might make it a bit more niche than some paths but it's certainly not bad.

I just tried difficulty 5 for the first time, and absolutely shredded the last boss without even coming close to having someone die. Here's my results: