Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

That sounds like some sort of My Little Pony thing.

Fallout: Echinoderma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

or My Little Echidna

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Oof could you stick spoiler tags on that? It legit hurt my eyes.

Woops, fixed.

I restarted the intro at least half a dozen times, the cart phys-glitched out in spectacular and different ways every time. Eventually I just downloaded a mod that replaces the beginning of the game with some random custom village that has portals to every major city.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Sab669 posted:

Woops, fixed.

I restarted the intro at least half a dozen times, the cart phys-glitched out in spectacular and different ways every time. Eventually I just downloaded a mod that replaces the beginning of the game with some random custom village that has portals to every major city.

Thanks pal! Yeah that Skyrim intro is fuckin cursed

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

apparently the usual ini tweak works to stabilise the physics but lol that bethesda shipped the VR version with the physics still broken at >60fps out of the box when the standard VR framerate is at least 90fps

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Divinity Original Sin 2 question -- playing this with some friends. Wanted to try out a Necromancer, as I understand necro abilities scale with warfare? So should I building a STR/Warfare character who also has points in necro to properly scale those abilities? I guess I'm looking for what other things I should be investing in besides Necromancy.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I am sure TF2 keys are probably used for laundering money in some way.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Steam Thread: Clo-op with your friends

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Flair posted:

I am sure TF2 keys are probably used for laundering money in some way.

That's what the linked post is about :shobon:

Unrelated, I'm not sure if this is old news or whatever but I never saw it mentioned anywhere and only just now noticed:

The extremely good space game Starsector, which historically could only be played by buying it directly from the dev on the game's website, had an update in May and their blog post about it has links to download the game:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/2023/05/

It's the full version, not a demo or anything. If you're into space games and you never bought & played Starsector you have no excuse now that you can do so for free :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvo3S0MD-o

thread

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HopperUK posted:

how did this get here I am not good with computer

oh my

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

deep dish peat moss posted:

It's the full version, not a demo or anything. If you're into space games and you never bought & played Starsector you have no excuse now that you can do so for free :colbert:

Uhh, pretty sure the installer still requires a purchase key.

Then again a very famous (and edgy) YT reviewer put his purchase key for the game into his video, and it hasn't been revoked or rebuked. So its not hard to find one.

Definitely a fun game though. Mount and Blade In Space is a pretty accurate description. Big fleet battles, customizable ships, planet colonization mechanics, a (currently unfinished) story questline, etc. Huge modding scene too adding all sorts of stuff from new ships/weapons/factions to sometimes major gameplay reworks (such as one that makes the faction stuff much more 4X like).

(pics contain mods, like my custom player faction repaints)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Uhh, pretty sure the installer still requires a purchase key.

Then again a very famous (and edgy) YT reviewer put his purchase key for the game into his video, and it hasn't been revoked or rebuked. So its not hard to find one.

Definitely a fun game though. Mount and Blade In Space is a pretty accurate description. Big fleet battles, customizable ships, planet colonization mechanics, a (currently unfinished) story questline, etc. Huge modding scene too adding all sorts of stuff from new ships/weapons/factions to sometimes major gameplay reworks (such as one that makes the faction stuff much more 4X like).

(pics contain mods, like my custom player faction repaints)

The game is fantastic. I bought it back in 2012 and it was a great purchase.

Also don't be a dick and buy the game it is really good and the guy put in a lot of hard work.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MarcusSA posted:

Also don't be a dick and buy the game it is really good and the guy put in a lot of hard work.

Oh absolutely! This game is worth every penny. I didn't mean to imply pirating it permanently. Just if you're on the fence consider it a demo. :v:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

deep dish peat moss posted:

That's what the linked post is about :shobon:

Unrelated, I'm not sure if this is old news or whatever but I never saw it mentioned anywhere and only just now noticed:

The extremely good space game Starsector, which historically could only be played by buying it directly from the dev on the game's website, had an update in May and their blog post about it has links to download the game:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/2023/05/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvo3S0MD-o

thread
That's...that ain't it chief, Starsector didn't suddenly go free, you still need to put in a key. I think it just saves to your registry now because I installed it on a different computer and got asked to input my code.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mordja posted:

That's...that ain't it chief, Starsector didn't suddenly go free, you still need to put in a key. I think it just saves to your registry now because I installed it on a different computer and got asked to input my code.

It also has a mac version which works great too!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Divinity Original Sin 2 question -- playing this with some friends. Wanted to try out a Necromancer, as I understand necro abilities scale with warfare? So should I building a STR/Warfare character who also has points in necro to properly scale those abilities? I guess I'm looking for what other things I should be investing in besides Necromancy.
Not all of them - Necromancy is imo the sauce you put on your actual build, since none of the abilities scale with Necromancy itself, so you only put as many points in it as the abilities you want to use require; like a summon build will put some points into it to unlock Bloated Corpse or Bone Widow which both scale with Summoning; or a fighter will put in points to pick up some extra tools like Infect or Grasp that will scale off their main stat of Warfare as well as take advantage of the passive self-heal effect.
Mostly its thing is that none of its skills scale with the points you have in it, so you will inevitably be putting those in one or more other skill sets that do scale with themselves and those are the ones you want to be focusing on. From memory the big scalers are Intelligence, Warfare, and Summoning, so it fits in pretty well with any kind of mage, fighter, or summoner archetype. You can respec pretty freely once you get on the boat so don't worry about looking too far ahead.

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You still want int as your damage stat if you want to mainly damage with Necro skills. You can either go with a staff and have your warfare skills scale off int but do magical damage or a shield+x and mainly use the shield throw and other skills that don't scale off of your weapon stat. You have a lot of room to dip for utility skills or fitting in summoning and huntsman is always good on casters for the high ground bonus.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mordja posted:

That's...that ain't it chief, Starsector didn't suddenly go free, you still need to put in a key. I think it just saves to your registry

this is exactly what it does, yes. you can even check it yourself in regedit at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\javaSoft\Prefs\com\fs\starfarer if you ever lose the email with your product key for whatever reason

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mordja posted:

Ahhh, that makes sense. It didn't ask me for a key so I figured it was just an oversight or something :kiddo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was resigned to the fact that there would never be a Half Life 3. Then I was satisfied that Half Life Alyx was a fitting way for Valve to give us one last look at that particular world, and getting to explore and move around inside it virtually was a real treat. I was good, I was happy, I was satisfied. Then I reached the epilogue of HL:A and got to be Gordon for a split second holding that crowbar again and now I have utterly convinced myself that there must, no there WILL, be a Half Life 3 :shepspends:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It sure would be lovely of Valve to get peoples' hopes up again and go another decade-plus of nothing else in the series.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Blattdorf posted:

Void Stranger is really good and everyone should try it regardless of their feelings about block-pushing puzzles. This one's in a league of its own.

*Staring at the buy button whenever someone in this thread slightly talks up a game*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

gordon died in vietnam

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
does anyone else find it a little odd how the zero ranger dev made a goty-quality tribute to old-school schmups and then turned around and did the same thing with a sokoban of all things

that's some range

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ragequit posted:

*Staring at the buy button whenever someone in this thread slightly talks up a game*

void stranger is excellent and easily barreling towards undisputed goty at this rate

only caveat might be if you don't like sokoban style pushing block puzzles

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Artelier posted:

Mm yea, kind of a small roadblock to me.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ragequit posted:

i just add them all to the ol' wishlist and then forget about it until there's a sale

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Artelier posted:

finally, a goty my parents can enjoy!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Artelier posted:

void stranger is excellent and easily barreling towards undisputed goty at this rate

Personally I can't really stand 'em, but IMO Void Stranger has very few of them - despite the claims on the store page, it's not really a block-pushing game at all, and it only kinda in the same ballpark

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i just add them all to the ol' wishlist and then forget about it until there's a sale

Already picked up Void Strangers and having a great time. Fearing the later levels. Expecting many Baba Is You moments where I call myself every name in the book, stumble on a solution, then scream in the face of anyone nearby that I am the smartest man alive.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

John Lee posted:

Personally I can't really stand 'em, but IMO Void Stranger has very few of them - despite the claims on the store page, it's not really a block-pushing game at all, and it only kinda in the same ballpark

Yeah it's more like Chip's Challenge or something. I hope there's a dusty old vboard forum somewhere where people have whole threads arguing about whether Chip's Challenge is a true Sokoban or if it's a Sokolite

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

sokoban’t.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Owl Inspector posted:

sokoban’t.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sobokan't was right there

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I remember having a Sokoban game on my Ti graphing calculator that I played when I was bored in class, although it often lost out to the surprisingly competent tetris port for the Ti.

This is my sokoban story

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Ragequit posted:

I hear that the Star Citizen Legatus pack is incredible value.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hate that I have to ask this but how horny is Void Stranger because looking at the screenshots it looks pretty drat horny.

mystes
May 31, 2006

How horny can a puzzle game be?

Orv
May 4, 2011

mystes posted:

How horny can a puzzle game be?

Think real hard about how badly you want an answer to this question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
From what I've seen, the horniest games often are puzzle game so...